Invincible on Prime

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Invincible on Prime

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:32 pm

Don't read that spoiler, TFitz!
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:01 pm

You can kind of see where it’s going based on his reaction when Omni hit his son for the first time.

This thing is gore galore. Invincible is very likable.

Oh my god I just got the scene with the guard and his son at Buckingham’s Palace. Ha!

I didn’t read the books but had a general idea before watching. I read the spoiler tag but I kind of figured something along those lines.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:35 pm

They're going a great job adapting the comics. They definitely hit the tone, and the stuff they're adding/expanding on is perfect.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:13 pm

Agreed ^^^

I watched the first 3 episodes over the last couple days, and really enjoyed them a lot. Great animation, production quality, and voice talent. Nice easy to follow and engaging story and characters, and lots of cool superhero action. Definitely in for the ride onthis one!

Like a few of you guys here, I read the first few trades years ago.. and while I'm a bit foggy on most of it, it feels like they captured the feel of the comic quite well, and actually improved on that with nice audio and animation.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:31 am

Such a fun show, loved invincible's interaction with the Martians
AdrienVeidt

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:44 pm

Seems they're dropping episodes late Thursday night. We finally got to see BATTLE BEAST but Dorn is voicing him too soft for my tastes. Every word he speaks should be a ROAR, imho.
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:11 am

You know, I agree with what you're saying about Battle Beast, whenever I read the book, in my he's almost non stop shouting everything in a comical way. Surprising too, because I think Dorn is perfect casting. They HAVE to give us more "battle cry" shouting as the fights get more intense.

Does anyone else love the genius take of quickly doing the title card whenever someone randomly says his name? I also noticed that the titles are getting increasingly blood soaked with every episode.

The increased presence of Black Samson and Damien Darkblood is welcomed and well done. This feels just close enough to the comic to be both fresh and familiar. The benefit of having done the whole story once through, they know where to focus on things. Nothing has really felt cut short so far though.

Something interesting about how panels relate to screentime- The whole 10 minute end sequence of episode one with the guardians- that's pretty much all of issue 7, it doubles as their introduction, runs 22 pages and the slaughter of the guardians itself took only one page.
AdrienVeidt

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:30 pm

There should be a new episode tonight, I'm thinking.

Anybody else dig Tether Tyrant? Doing the tethers would be key but I could go for a figure of him.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:38 am

Man, this weeks episode could be the most entertaining thing I’ve seen in a while! This turned out to be such a great show.
AdrienVeidt

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:26 pm

Cecil is a bit of a hard-ass.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:24 am

Really good episode. I love how the fights, usually, really feel right. Heavy and impactful. My wife is way more into the show than I expected her to be, so I know it must be good.

Return to “The Multiplex”