Gina Carano Fired by Disney

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Gina Carano Fired by Disney

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:38 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 am
Context is important...
Oh, I agree, and I will not defend Gina for using that reference - just a dumb thing to post that may have destroyed her career. My point was that this is not a rare thing to see this happen in the news cycle, and it is disappointing when anyone stretches the Nazis or the Holocaust to fit a point regardless of popularity or political affiliation. All the people I listed used Nazis or the Holocaust in some fashion to make a point, and I am not sure any of the points, in context as I read them, are 100% valid.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:12 am

I don't want to come across as *too* old of a person here, but the whole "drafting comparisons to nazis in a public forum" thing and diminishing the severity of the nazi crimes against humanity in order to gain some petty victory can be traced back to at least Vidal, and I'm sure much further. It's an old trick, and one that never gets any less disgusting.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:34 pm

I never followed any of Gina Carano’s fight career. But I totally fell for her in Haywire. And then it became increasingly difficult to “ignore” her political posturing so as to be able to accept/enjoy her movie performances. It’s sad and stupid that it ultimately came to this.

I’ll miss her on-screen stuff. But she only has herself to blame for effing up her career.

Return to “The Multiplex”