Godzilla vs Kong trailer

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Bertimus Prime
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Godzilla vs Kong trailer

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:02 pm

https://youtu.be/HzQCOcZkKJ8

and here's Mechagodzilla from the trailer
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Re: Godzilla vs Kong trailer

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:32 pm

That Kong punch was all I ever wanted.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:47 pm

BIG MONKE FIGHT BIG LIZARD. All is good in the world.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:11 am

It was big monkey fights big lizard. It was goofy fun. Simple.

My family enjoyed it quite a bit.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:44 am

Damn fun movie.

Climax was everything I could have hoped for and more. Totally recommended for monkey v lizard action.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:25 pm

Saw it - enjoyed it in a very "popcorn movie" way. I had to laugh out loud though in the last Kong/'Zilla fight when big G has Kong pinned and screams in his face and Kong screams back... my son chimed in with 'save martha' and "why did you say that name" and it cracked me the hell up
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:50 pm

PantherCult wrote:Saw it - enjoyed it in a very "popcorn movie" way. I had to laugh out loud though in the last Kong/'Zilla fight when big G has Kong pinned and screams in his face and Kong screams back... my son chimed in with 'save martha' and "why did you say that name" and it cracked me the hell up
OL9nRmW.jpg
OL9nRmW.jpg (34.8 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
4kr9hU9.jpg
4kr9hU9.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

fac
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:37 pm

I enjoyed it - some fun battles, although pretty clear who is really the more powerful of the two. Can't take it too seriously of course, so fine with the absurd and silly plot points (holes) that seem to be glossed over.

One question:
Spoiler! :
Godzilla had his volcano lair in the last film, Kong has his temple and magic axe - I forget is it ever explained who built Godzilla's lair? People in the film seem unconcerned that someone had built Kong's temple/throne room in the center of the Earth complete with Gothic archways and a door...
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:47 am

Saw it. Didn't care for it.

I fell asleep somewhere around them sneaking into the facility and seeing Mecha Godzilla, then woke up to more exposition than I would ever care for. Skull Island was a wonderfully delightful movie with a lot of creative little elements that kept me engaged, possibly my favorite monster movie of the last few years, while GvK was very bland and forgettable. This felt like jumping from Batman Returns to Batman & Robin without Batman Forever being there to pad the crash. It was paradoxically both 30 minutes too short to flesh out the things that it needed (including worthwhile fights, truth be told), and 30 minutes too long with its inane pretenses towards staging basically anything we were seeing. I came away baffled and frustrated.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Seen it three times now. I enjoy the story they tell being about the big creatures. It is more than big ape fights big lizard. It’s about dealing with deep generational grudges. It’s about intelligence vs instinct. It’s about technology and wonder in the unexplained. It’s about power and dominance. I really love seeing this story through Kong mostly and Godzilla’s perspective. The human aspect is important but true they are not fleshed out much. Honestly I don’t care. Seeing Kong experience things as we do is pretty sweet.

Thwipp!

Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:15 pm

It was entertaining, and thats the goal obviously so it succeeded. It has the same problem as the previous two godzilla movies, the human characters end up either dragging the story or getting in the way. Turning millie into a conspiricy therorist nut and her little adventure was obscenely stupid. I get they wanted to lead into mecha but it was just lame.

Everyones overall actions and motivations were pretty dumb and annoying. Godzilla attacks and they are all like "oh crap he's bad lets kill him" despite the fact that he's considered a hero because he's only fought real threats, so if hes attacking it measn something there is a threat... duh... but no lets whip out king kong that we somehow locked up in a biodome at some point, and have him lead us to hollow earth to find something to stop godzilla.... just.. yeah forget it not worth thinking about.

Fights were cool, the entire movie was completely as i expected, predictable to a fault, but it was cool to see the monsters fight and my son who enjoys both the kong and godzilla movies on their own loved this one so its worth it i guess.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Not everyone’s motivations were kill Godzilla. Mostly one group used that motivation to manipulate others.

Millie’s adventure is dumb. But it isn’t any more dumb than original idea of that mystery character’s introduction. It is clever how it is still of extra terrestrial origin.

Thwipp!

Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Apex wanted to control the power of godzilla and effectively replace him so kill him.

They earn his attention and that provokes the world to question whether godzilla is bad or not instead of questioning why he'd attack that one place. Yes conspiracy nut and millie thought better but the world at large and even her father who was there to see godzilla save the world, TWICE, turned on him and assumed the worst, he's bad and is trying to kill us.

Apex then convinces both the government and monarch(who are keeping kong) to help them force kong to go to the yet to be fully proven hollow earth to find a power to stop godzilla knowing full well (as the one lady insisted on telling everyone) godzilla would attack him as a threat to his status as alpha or king of the titans.

So effectively godzilla attacks a possibly suspicious major company's facility and essentially the whole world(governments, monarch etc) turn on him and attempt a plan to just stop him despite the fact that everything they've seen says he's virtually unstoppable.

It's dumb and it's nothing I don't expect from these movies it's poor plotting to get the story from point a to b as quickly as possible. They had to find a way to have them fight but not completely kill one or make one a horrible loser so you get the kong dominated but then he has to help godzilla beat mecha and leave peacefully so nobody fully loses but there's not alot of point to it.

Millies adventure was pointless other than to give audience a point of view to the reveal of mecha and it should have been handled differently. She should have been part of helping monarch figure out what was wrong with godzilla and help him if possible by figuring out apex etc not just getting lost on a goofball adventure of doing nothing except watching her dumb friend poor a small amount of whiskey on a control panel that somehow affects a fully self aware and autonomous killing machine miles away....

I mean the movie is fun but you can't defend any of its writing or story as it's all the thinnest kind of plot that only serves as the most basic methods of setting up the fights which are the only thing worth watching.
Popoman
CROM?

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Terrible plot and the human characters were absolutely forgettable but the fights were good. I understand why the movie couldn't be two hours of godzilla and kong fighting, but man...They could have written good characters to make the whole movie easier to watch.

But hey, I came to see big monke vs big lizard and that's what I got
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:55 pm

It wasn’t all about fighting. Kong communicated. Kong wasn’t about being alpha. He wanted a home. Kong had to deal with the instincts and deep seated hatred of Godzilla.

The human characters aren’t any more exaggerated and abstract than any previous big monster movies. Actually the human characters are very much like those from movies past. The little girl is the most complex of all of them.

I did not fully understand why Skull Island was as it was by this film. Events of Ghidorah confrontation escalated the storm? Time? I didn’t fully get that.

Thwipp!

Return to “The Multiplex”