Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - MCU Movie

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:52 pm

Why wouldn't line of succession be a reason? That's usually how it works when a monarch dies, no? Even if someone challenges Shuri for the throne it makes less sense to skip over her than it does for her to be next imo, she'd just be a different sort of Black Panther, more akin to Iron Man than Cap based since she's more gadget-y. The first film proved she can handle herself in combat since she fought Killmonger directly.

Those designs look pretty cool, I hope we get figures of the Atlantean characters.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:16 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:52 pm
Why wouldn't line of succession be a reason? That's usually how it works when a monarch dies, no? Even if someone challenges Shuri for the throne it makes less sense to skip over her than it does for her to be next imo, she'd just be a different sort of Black Panther, more akin to Iron Man than Cap based since she's more gadget-y. The first film proved she can handle herself in combat since she fought Killmonger directly.

Those designs look pretty cool, I hope we get figures of the Atlantean characters.
She fought Killmonger... for a moment. She was clearly in over her head. I realize T'Challa was barely, almost, a match for Killmonger too but he did manage to defeat him.

I'm actually a little fuzzy on what the difference is between holding the Wakandan throne and being Black Panther. Is it ALWAYS synonymous? Because it seemed like T'Challa was already Black Panther while his father was king. With that in mind, I could see the roles being separated. And yeah, again, I'm sure they could make it work with Shuri taking on the lead and even be entertaining, but on its face I'm just not as interested in seeing her take on the role as I am pretty much anyone else in the cast. This isn't even based on BTS nonsense as I'm really stuck on her being in the chair rather than the suit. Again, yes, I'm sure they can write their way into making it work and even be good, it's just not the direction I want.

And I don't know that they'll skip over her but she could simply abdicate. She's not up to the task and that could easily be wrapped in her grief as well (assuming T'Challa is dead in the film, which I still don't know). But while succession may be a factor in who leads, it certainly doesn't appear to be the defining one when it comes to choosing the person. I always come back to the challenge at the waterfall. Why have that if it's just gonna be the former ruler's family member?
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:46 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:16 pm
I'm actually a little fuzzy on what the difference is between holding the Wakandan throne and being Black Panther. Is it ALWAYS synonymous? Because it seemed like T'Challa was already Black Panther while his father was king. With that in mind, I could see the roles being separated.
It does seem that T'Challa was BP before T'Chaka's assassination, but we also know T'Chaka was BP in the past, correct? So presumably the current BP can name a successor as they age, and at some point (which we didn't see) T'Chaka handed the BP role to T'Challa - possibly it can be passed down to the heir to the throne. Given Killmonger became BP after he "killed" T'Challa and took the throne there for a bit, they do seem to be linked.

Which would point to Shuri as next in line for both. I should note that it doesn't have to go well for her in the role, and maybe she can decide to nominate a different BP at some point. This presumes they have any of the herbs left to ingest to become a BP... Also, I suspect we will see T'Challa in this film at least at the start - just not unmasked. The technology used in SW for both faces and voices makes me think they could have a Bozeman appearance/sequence as BP, at least vocally while in full mask, to close out the character in the MCU.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:19 pm

Yeah, that seems like the best course (having her try to take it on but it ultimately goes to someone else), so when I'm talking about it not being Shuri what I'm really referring to is who has the persona by the time the credits roll.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - MCU Movie

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:30 pm

The promotional pictures leaking are spoilers for me. I have not been digging. Wakanda Forever is bitter sweet. I’m not in a rush. Tell a great story. Introduce more Marvel lore. Have fun. But I did click the link above and one character reveal makes me get very curious.

I’m putting this speculation or discussion in spoilers
Spoiler! :
Atlantis! I mean I definitely read speculation it would involve some border disputes like Latveria and Wakanda in the comics. War of DOOM vs Black Panther wasn’t where I thought it would go. Atlantis is really interesting.

Set aside the close visual parallels the Aquaman lost kingdom and Avatar water film will provide. Man I’m hyped for this!

It introduces ancient conflict. What was the beef between Wakanda and Atlantis? Did they both lay a claim to the magical ore from space? I also can’t shake association of blue skin humanoids from the Kree. Attuma… I hope this character isn’t an Ocean Master clone. I mean ultimately I know there are inescapable similarities in warlords in conquest. But man I’m seeing a race of Atlanteans (maybe Kree/human mixes) who also harnessed the mystical properties of Vibranium to build their civilization. I totally see a connection of Atlantis in ancient Aztecs.

It also just hit me Riri Williams is going to be one of those merging of technologies Stark-like tech mixed with Wakanda’s mastery of Vibranium. I hope she’s a cool character.

Attuma means Namor. This movie is already shaping to be very crowded. There’s like two or three movies here.

Dang my excitement for this film has just been sent into hyperspeed.
Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:49 am

I'm still curious how they will pull off a Black Panther movie without Black Panther and make it entertaining. That will be quite the feat.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:32 am

Prophet924 wrote:The promotional pictures leaking are spoilers for me. I have not been digging. Wakanda Forever is bitter sweet. I’m not in a rush. Tell a great story. Introduce more Marvel lore. Have fun. But I did click the link above and one character reveal makes me get very curious.

I’m putting this speculation or discussion in spoilers
Spoiler! :
Atlantis! I mean I definitely read speculation it would involve some border disputes like Latveria and Wakanda in the comics. War of DOOM vs Black Panther wasn’t where I thought it would go. Atlantis is really interesting.

Set aside the close visual parallels the Aquaman lost kingdom and Avatar water film will provide. Man I’m hyped for this!

It introduces ancient conflict. What was the beef between Wakanda and Atlantis? Did they both lay a claim to the magical ore from space? I also can’t shake association of blue skin humanoids from the Kree. Attuma… I hope this character isn’t an Ocean Master clone. I mean ultimately I know there are inescapable similarities in warlords in conquest. But man I’m seeing a race of Atlanteans (maybe Kree/human mixes) who also harnessed the mystical properties of Vibranium to build their civilization. I totally see a connection of Atlantis in ancient Aztecs.

It also just hit me Riri Williams is going to be one of those merging of technologies Stark-like tech mixed with Wakanda’s mastery of Vibranium. I hope she’s a cool character.

Attuma means Namor. This movie is already shaping to be very crowded. There’s like two or three movies here.

Dang my excitement for this film has just been sent into hyperspeed.
Thwipp!

Spoiler! :
Not sure if you know already, but Atlantis and Wakanda have been at war. T’Challa and Shuri are both bitter enemies of Namor. Not sure when it began, but when Namor was empowered by the Phoenix Force, he flooded Wakanda and killed thousands of people. I think Wakanda eventually retaliated by bombing Atlantis. I know Black Panther tried to abandon Namor in another reality that was about to be annihilated during an incursion in Secret Wars.

Really bums me out that we won’t see the dynamic of T’Challa vs Namor on screen. It’s a fantastic rivalry in the comics.

And of course Iron Man vs Namor. Another epic rivalry in the comics. Sadness…

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:58 am

Per the leaks.
Spoiler! :
Attuma looks really cool, Namor too. Not sure if we need another guy with a Stark-Strange beard, though. But I'm quite happy that they've decide to go in a very stylized direction with those characters, giving them native looks based on real native garb is a really interesting idea. Especially when they wanted (and had) to distance themselves from the kinda Greek fashion full of shells and fish motives of Aquaman.

Anything they do will be so much better than a dude in a speedo.
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:59 pm

Black Panther 2 character spoilers
Spoiler! :
Link for Namor artwork
https://screenrant.com/black-panther-2- ... -look-mcu/

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised they kept the silly little ankle-wings, But I guess we're at this point with Marvel films.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:47 am

Another character leak
Spoiler! :
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Omitting the ankle wings would be unforgivable, imho. Frankly, I'm disappointed we're not getting that sweet Widow's Peak hairline. Doesn't look like we're getting the elf ears, either. I *very* much dig the Aztec/Maya decorations and I've been wanting to see that design aesthete in movies more since Apocalypto - however I cannot stand nose plugs. All I can think when I see such thing is "BOOGER BOOGER BOOGER THAT'S A BOOGER HE'S GOT BOOGERS BOOGER BOOGER BOOGER'.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:21 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Another character leak
Spoiler! :
Is this based on a similar look from the comics? I know pretty little about the character.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:26 pm

I'm in the same boat so I can't say. According to this wiki though, her Mark 1 in the comics was more finished looking:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ironheart_Armor_Model_1

But I guess this makes sense since it's not an Ironheart movie so maybe we just barely get to see her beginnings.

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
Another character leak
Spoiler! :
Is this based on a similar look from the comics? I know pretty little about the character.
Not at all comic based. Her first armor looked like a mech.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:27 am

Return to “The Multiplex”