Spider-Man: No Way Home - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
resurrectionJOE
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - MCU Movie

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:25 am

Can anyone suggest what MCU stuff should be watched before seeing No Way Home? I'm kind of behind on most of the Disney+ shows and I haven't seen Black Widow or Shang Chi yet and I'm wondering if they're necessary to know what's going on in NWH.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:37 am

resurrectionJOE wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:25 am
Can anyone suggest what MCU stuff should be watched before seeing No Way Home? I'm kind of behind on most of the Disney+ shows and I haven't seen Black Widow or Shang Chi yet and I'm wondering if they're necessary to know what's going on in NWH.
Short answer, probably nothing needs to be watched, you mainly just want to have seen the past Spidey films.

But Loki and What If...? lay some groundwork for some concepts, and one character appears in Shang Chi (more of a cameo) who is also briefly in NWH.

The events from WandaVision get slightly referenced in the post-credits sequence, which is really the trailer for the upcoming Dr Strange film - I suspect seeing WandaVision, Loki and What If...? will also help with Multiverse of Madness.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:50 am

Rented this movie on Vudu. I wish i can get back my 2 hours back. This movie is horrible, the main thing that bothered me was the storyline, it was so cheesy. it was all over the place and chaotic. who really needs 3 spideys, i didnt like that idea. not necessary. the worst part is how the story unfolded, its cause they didnt get into the college they wanted? really? Marvel is running out of ideas badly. the only thing i liked is that they joined all the spidey villians together, that was badass. other than that, it was a flop for me. This movie, X-Men/Apocalypse and Ragnarok are the worst marvel movie to date. this movie was so bad i started to fast foward it in some parts and thats rare that i do that.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
really? Marvel is running out of ideas badly.
:lol:
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 12:55 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:34 pm
Night Wolf wrote:
really? Marvel is running out of ideas badly.
:lol:
Does that imply that there’s a Good Way to run out of ideas?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon May 16, 2022 1:11 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
This movie, X-Men/Apocalypse and Ragnarok
I cannot fathom the mindset that joins these three movies into the same group, much less a grouping of bad movies.

And I'm glad of that failing.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:24 pm

And people give me a hard time for criticising recent MCU.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon May 16, 2022 4:51 pm

Hmmm, I wonder if fast forwarding a movie would make the movie chaotic and all over the place?

Yes…the plot is about college…and just that. I guess the implication that everyone he knows lives are now going to forever be in turmoil. And that college is just that start of that effect was missed.

This really is the same plot of all Spider-Man movies and all good Spider-Man stories. The people closest to him are always the ones who get hurt. Of the 3 MCU Spider-Man movies this was really the only one to carry that plot.

I’m fine if you didn’t like the movie but I’m super confused that its bottom 3 and that the other 2 movies in the bottom 3 are X-men apocalypse and Ragnarok. First of all, if you’re including apocalypse then we aren’t limited by the MCU….but we will come back to that later. You’re saying that apocalypse is the worst X-men movie? Have you seen dark Phoenix? New mutants? X3? And since all bets are off and we aren’t just looking at MCU movies apparently (as indicated by X-men into your ranking). Have you seen Fantastic four 2015? Or the early 2000’s fantastic four movies. Or daredevil? Or blade 3? Or morbius?
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Night Wolf- as well as answering those questions above- it would also help if you could tell us your top 3 or 5 Marvel movies I suppose.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 pm

maverick10126 wrote:Hmmm, I wonder if fast forwarding a movie would make the movie chaotic and all over the place?

Yes…the plot is about college…and just that. I guess the implication that everyone he knows lives are now going to forever be in turmoil. And that college is just that start of that effect was missed.

This really is the same plot of all Spider-Man movies and all good Spider-Man stories. The people closest to him are always the ones who get hurt. Of the 3 MCU Spider-Man movies this was really the only one to carry that plot.

I’m fine if you didn’t like the movie but I’m super confused that its bottom 3 and that the other 2 movies in the bottom 3 are X-men apocalypse and Ragnarok. First of all, if you’re including apocalypse then we aren’t limited by the MCU….but we will come back to that later. You’re saying that apocalypse is the worst X-men movie? Have you seen dark Phoenix? New mutants? X3? And since all bets are off and we aren’t just looking at MCU movies apparently (as indicated by X-men into your ranking). Have you seen Fantastic four 2015? Or the early 2000’s fantastic four movies. Or daredevil? Or blade 3? Or morbius?
Blade Trinity is a guilty pleasure for me. First time I ever saw Ryan Reynolds in anything. In the bts features on the DVD he's clearly very keen to do comic book stuff- even volunteers himself to continue playing Hannibal King in a spin off TV show. And TV was a very different medium back then don't forget.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon May 16, 2022 7:48 pm

Oh, man; Ryan Reynolds in that Blade TV series? Even then paying him would have destroyed the budget, lol.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 11:28 pm

I think those two productions are independent of each other?
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Mon May 30, 2022 6:48 pm

So all the villains were seemingly zapped a moment before their death,
no one seems to think this means the two other Peters were about to die?

Only one I can say for sure was not in immediate danger was Eddie Brock, and they never even came across him.

If I ended up in an alternate dimension, and found out almost everyone else that was transferred was about to die, my assumption would be that I was about to bite it myself.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 7:05 pm

I never thought of that.

That could have made the story more interesting if both alt-Peters were battling someone and both thought they were losing and about to die as well, so in addition to getting the villains home, they had to game plan how to get the heroes home with something that might turn the tide - but we don't know if it works. Would have added even more weight to Spectacular saving MJ if he thought it was a last heroic act.

Even more interesting if they both were battling the same villain - let's say it is Venom - so when our Peter comes up against him, he knows the threat.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 7:32 pm

So Eddie isn't going off to death, and it seems like Sandman and Lizard were both taken from moments they weren't going to die. I don't know if the "about to die" part is really part of the spell? It's kinda nebulous though.

Return to “The Multiplex”