Spider-Man: No Way Home - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Andron X
I come from the land up over
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - MCU Movie

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:51 pm

They should get Japanese Spider-man in the movie.
It would be cool to finally have a Nicholas Hammond cameo too.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:43 pm

september_death wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:22 pm
Trailer speculation: if they’re in it, would Tobey and Andrew showing up be too much? Will they play it extremely close to the chest and wait for a second trailer (like Abomination Shang-Chi) or after the movie drops (like Giant Man in Civil War)?

MS did a great job keeping the plot details of Endgame completely hidden, with numerous trailer shots that didn’t make the final cut. But we know Sony isn’t Marvel/Disney.
I think the second trailer for sure, but revealing the two are in it is gonna pack seats like nothing before. They absolutely have to show those two are in the movie before it comes out to build hype, ride nostalgia, and hit that billion.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:03 am

They clearly aren’t going to show toys of characters we have only heard of in casting. Will they show much in the trailers outside of something weird happening in the world he is on the run in? Probably not. Will they need to show the trio on the poster or full trailer to push the film to a billion? I’m sure it will make a lot of money with Holland and his MCU posse. I remain cautious they are in this film much personally.

Personally I haven’t had that “Spider-Man!” feeling very much in this MCU franchise. Even with its flaws Spider-Man 2 had a more “Spider-Man!” Feel to me. And Into the Spider-Verse really screamed “Spider-Man!”

Holland is great at making that Ultimate Spider-Man character come to life. The kid super hero is in full effect. I think Ms. Marvel is going to nail that too. Curious how Kate Bishop is played, older teen or young woman?

Anyway I want to see Spider-Man! Not Stark Tech lad. Doc Strange side kick.

So seeing MCU Strange as a figure in this assortment is a bit of a bummer. Yeah he is in the film. Yeah it gives another chance for collectors to get a Hasbrovement. It’s just not that exciting.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:16 pm

Potential leaked movie poster:
Spoiler! :

We're 5 months out, we've got to be getting a trailer soon, right?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:17 pm

Is that AT a movie theater?

I dunno... I always assume every poster not released by the studio is a photoshop job anymore. Sometimes they do amazing work.

Thank you for posting it though!
sepster wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:16 pm
We're 5 months out, we've got to be getting a trailer soon, right?
Seriously. I've never seen this with a movie of this budget etc. I would love to find out the reason for this delay when they can admit it.

Otherwise, maybe studios have finally figured out people will go see these things even if they don't give us 2 minute highlight reels ruining some of the big moments from the movie.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:24 pm

I'm now reading that that poster is showing up at smaller theaters but that it IS fan-made.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-m ... #gs.74goz8

"As you'll see from the Tweet below, some theaters have begun to use fan-made posters to promote No Way Home. The bigger chains would obviously be under strict instruction to use only officially licensed materials, but it seems a few smaller cinemas are sick of waiting and want to get the word out while there's still a few months to go until the movie is released."

Crazy times
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Haw! Awesome.

I mean...the movie is really coming out, right?
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:47 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:40 pm
Haw! Awesome.

I mean...the movie is really coming out, right?
I figure they don't want to step on Shang-Chi and Eternals by having the focus be on Spidey while those still need to launch. I'm guessing the first trailer will be attached to Shang-Chi to get you into a theater, and/or maybe Venom 2, which Sony doesn't want to you to forget about either. And its not like people are going to skip Spidey because the trailer isn't out yet. "I was hyped for this in June, but once it got to August with no trailer, I decided not to see it." said no one.

Besides, they can get enough publicity just by stories on whether Zendaya and Holland are dating...
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:56 am

All that is true, or likely true at least, but it's still astounding for a movie of this size to wait until five months out for the first trailer, let alone three months like you're suggesting.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:29 pm

All the evidence suggests Feige has a very tight hold of the reins. Hopefully it doesn’t mean Marvel will be pushing the film back.

I’m shocked Sony hasn’t put a teaser out there. Surely they had footage of Tom Holland cracking jokes or being all melancholic to tease with. They did the name of the movie tease. Maybe that was the only bone they were thrown for teasing.

Personally I think this is the swan song for live action Peter Parker Spider-Man stand alone films. Or it’s the set up for the last one. Marvel and Sony want to move on to Miles live action story. Personally I don’t ant to see more of the Into the Spider-verse crew. Peter I’m sure may be in another hero mass MCU film. He is the new Tony Stark…

There is more images about this film from merchandise than film images the studio has released. I’m very surprised they let it known of the casting of Jamie Fox or Alfred Molina honestly.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:55 pm

Rumor has it the No Way Home trailer will be attached to Spider-Man: No Way Home in December.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 am

An awful version of the trailer leaked. It's pre VFX, and it's someone filming with their phone as it plays on someone else's phone, so pretty poor quality but you can tell it's the actual actors saying lines I've not heard in any film or deleted scene so it's not some fan edit.

Hopefully that means the rumor it's coming tomorrow is true.
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:49 am

I saw the trailer!

Sony has some major leakage problems. The fact that the accurate synopsis made it to reddit and the trailer itself leaked.. yikes. :?
Adamantium Claws
CROM!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:18 am

I saw it too. I'm now doubting that Andrew and Tobey will be in it. But wondering how Doc Ock would recognize Tom Holland.

I'm also feeling like it still was a bad idea to reveal Peter's identity this early in his career. I knew this Spiderman would always be a little different due to Stark's influence, but I always hoped he'd become a more traditional Spiderman eventually. It looks like that's not the case now.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 am

Adamantium Claws wrote:
I saw it too. I'm now doubting that Andrew and Tobey will be in it. But wondering how Doc Ock would recognize Tom Holland.
Spoiler! :
I actually think that's the best evidence for at least Tobey being in it since he's probably addressing THAT Peter.

I mentioned in the Marvel Legends thread, but looking back at some of the leaks with aspects confirmed by this trailer makes me have more trust in the other aspects, such as the Tobey and Andrew stuff. How crazy would it be to have Tobey make the speech to Tom Holland about Great Power...?
Adamantium Claws wrote:
I'm also feeling like it still was a bad idea to reveal Peter's identity this early in his career. I knew this Spiderman would always be a little different due to Stark's influence, but I always hoped he'd become a more traditional Spiderman eventually. It looks like that's not the case now.
The best way to do that would have been to have a series rather than a handful of movies. That's why Daredevil was the way it was; it had a lot of time to breathe and develop. Reeeeeeeeeally hoping that part of the leak is also true, and maybe he could get just one Disney Plus season.

Return to “The Multiplex”

Recent Topics