Justice League Snyder Cut

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Giving this its own thread for now.

Darksied

DeSaad

Steppenwolf

Black Suit Superman

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6512XKKNkU

Will release as a four part mini-series, hour long parts. No confirmation on how they will release, one at a time or all at once, but they are working on a way for it to be watched as one continuous film.

So far the trailer does just kind of look like all his unused footage combined to make a trailer, but hopefully with four hours he can make it all work out together. Curious to see how different this will be, obviously new subplots with flash and cyborg. I may be more excited for this than other film reveals.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Re: Justice League Snyder Cut

Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:17 pm

My biggest problem with the regular version is the colors. It's just a grimy, oversaturated mess of a film. Doesn't look like there's any intention of fixing that here, but at least maybe it'll be a -better- film? If it still looks like the old film, I'm still going to hate it, though.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:28 am

Given Batman v Superman, I genuinely don't understand how anyone is excited about this. I can't imagine I would enjoy this.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:35 am

Didn't make it far into the trailer...heard that song, laughed, shut it off.
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 am

Samael13 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:28 am
Given Batman v Superman, I genuinely don't understand how anyone is excited about this. I can't imagine I would enjoy this.
I agree. I don't want to rain on anyone else's parade, but for ME, this is a non-event. I'll probably watch it if it's free someday, but I didn't like any of Snyder's stuff, and seeing Whedon cram some of the same Avengers-ish scenes into JL didn't do his version any favors.

I'm bummed, because I loved Cavill as Superman and Gal as WW, but the rest didn't do anything for me. Aquaman was 'OK', but Flash was boring and Cyborg was a total mess - CGI was terrible and somehow he was a whiny turd: "I've been saved from a horrible death and have tons of cool abilities but boy am I pissy.".

Neat to see Darkseid and a better Steppenwolf, but Corvus Desaad isn't interesting to me either.

And yes, that song is cringey due to its overuse.

I hope it lives up for those of you that are looking forward to it, though. Just giving my $0.02.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this from curiosity's sake, if nothing else. But..... BUT.... yes, when the song started I thought I had accidentally clicked on a fan-trailer, so that choice was strange. The trailer itself, really just a sizzle reel of cool action shots, until the end where we get Batman's pep talk. And even that, given that there has been virtually no real build up to the Justice League in DC's movieverse, doesn't really have much meaning. How can Batman know that they can defeat Darksied when the League has never meet each before that day, let alone fought together?

Again, I'm looking forward to the movie and I hope it is much more coherent and entertaining than the theatrical version, but no matter how enjoyable it may end up being, it won't do anything to correct DC's lack of planning and mess of execution that led up to this movie in the first place.

EDIT: One last thing, Steppenwolf may look different than before but he still looks like he was pulled from a video game, as does Darkseid and Cyborg.
legendkiller533
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:03 pm

i mean JL was fine. i thought batman vs superman was pretty bad, but heard the extended cut was better. I am curious to see how this version turns out, but 4 hours is a long time for something im just curious about.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:16 am

The ongoing drama between Ray Fisher and seemingly every single person at WB (aside from Zack Snyder) is really something.

At this point, i wonder if Fisher is having some kind of mental breakdown, or if there is just nobody around him that can talk sense to him. If he had stuck to complaining about his role being reduced and hyping up the Snyder cut, he'd be fine and potentially able to reprise his role, which might result in him getting more gigs. Instead he tweeted out over-the-top accusations about Joss, and instead of walking them back (which he could've done really at any time up until he started badmouthing Hamada) he has doubled down at every opportunity. His refusal to meet with a 3rd party investigator (apparently only an investigator of his own choosing would suffice) just makes him look unreasonable.... and at the same time he STILL refuses to actually elaborate on just what Joss did that was so upsetting.

Plus at this point i suspect his cryptic complaints and 'everybody is against me' attitude is turning people off to wanting to see the snyder cut, which seems like it would be against his self-interest. Sure, die-hard snyder enthusiasts will be on board no matter what but i think anybody who was on the fence and as a result of this drama starts to think, "Boy, Ray Fisher sounds like a bitter nut job" will probably be disinclined to watch a movie where Fisher has a big role.

I do think Snyder has egged Fisher on, which is pretty lame. Its not your career that's at stake, Zack. I sure hope you plan to cast Fisher in every movie you make now because i can't see a lot of other directors who are gonna want to work with him.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:41 pm

I just struggle with how much better the Snyder cut of JL could be because the original JL was not great, but it had its moments, and BvS sucked butt, which was all Snyder.
Ted
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:23 pm

I don't like Whedon, so if Fisher can out him as a piece of shit, good on him. if he can verifiably out some people at WB too, have at it.

we're seeing more and more entertainment from poc creatives coming up and poc actors stepping into scenes usually reserved for white faces. he may well survive the fallout.

unless he's verifiably full of shit.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:26 am

I'll will definitely watch this for the spectacle of it all, with the whizzing and the pounding and the laser eyeballs and such. If Darkseid can do an Omega effect dealie with the zig zag tron bike funkmaster flex from his eyes then it may all be worth it.
Ted
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 pm

so Momoa recently opened up that "we" dealt with some shit, and that shit needs to be looked.

and apparently Whedon is being investigated.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:09 pm

So new trailer.

The music makes it seem epic. I just don’t trust Snyder’s story telling. I will watch it. Visually it is more consistent.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:04 pm

Snyder has been actively teasing the new trailer with alot of pictures, and now with the trailer drop we see alot in action.

I won't presume that everything shown will be fully fleshed out or deserved, snyder has a bad habit of cherry picking moments for the sake of style rather than getting full development but i'm still excited. The consistency, and obviously the overall story looks to play out much differently compared to what we got.

Highlights, DKR Bat tank, fully armored darksied, desaad, and granny goodness, leto getting another shot at joker without being hindered by tattoos and a stupid gangster style.
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:06 pm

Thinking of Joker going through tattoo removal seems even weirder than him getting tattooed.

Return to “The Multiplex”