The Expanse thread

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

The Expanse thread

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:00 pm

I'm burning a week of vacation at home. This a good time to get into The Expanse?
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Re: The Expanse thread

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 pm

It's always a great time to get into The Expanse.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

AdrienVeidt

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:17 pm

I'm going into it with an impression of 'the Martian Colony is rumbling for independence from Earth, Tom Jane is a junkie detective, and there's no warp engines'. That about right?
AdrienVeidt

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Okay, they just changed the transponder ID to the 'Rocinante'. This is making so much more sense when watched in order. I've got a few people piggybacking my Prime account and I think we kept stumbling over each other's feet and mixing up the episodes.
AdrienVeidt

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:37 pm

So, I finished up S1 and have wrapped around to S2 and I'm struck by how there are no robots in this universe, just the security heli-drones. Is that ever addressed or just ignored away?
Bashbash99
CROM!

Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:13 pm

trying to avoid spoiling too much... i'll just say iirc humans have not built robots beyond drones (i think they have repair drones in addition to security drones)

Finally got around to finishing up season 5, thought it was a pretty good season overall. i do think a little exposition might've helped the viewer (well, me in this case) make more sense of the sequences where Naomi is stuck alone and trying to do tech stuff, but maybe i just need to pay more attention.

I plan on going back and rewatching seasons 2 and 3 now since its been awhile.
AdrienVeidt

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:30 pm

FInished up and ready for S6. Marcus is a *bit* too scene-chewy and looks too young to be Filip's father but I'm looking forward to his teeth getting kicked in. I'm still not understanding why robots are so rare in this universe; but I understand the whole 'Belters resenting Inners for generations of exploitation' requires their absense. I've noticed a lack of A.I. as well, so I presume there was one that got too big for its britches a couple generations before S1 started up, but I'd still like to learn of an in-universe reason.

Man, filming Alex's death scene had to have been awkward as all hell. It feels like having him die off-screen after the Razorback had come to a stop was the producers way of rubbing Anvar's firing in.

I'm hesitant to think of how they're going to resolve both the Marcus&Martian Betrayal storyline *and* the Proto-Killers storyline in just one more season.

I miss Miller. He's my fave character, I think.

Return to “The Multiplex”