Doctor Strange in the Mulitverse of Madness - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Doctor Strange in the Mulitverse of Madness - MCU Movie

Sun May 15, 2022 8:34 pm

The other thing they could have added to Rogers, since you already have Clint hating on it as they watched it... is one cutaway at the very end of the number with Scott Lang in the audience having the opposite reaction.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 15, 2022 8:48 pm

I was waiting for something like that when I saw the scene the first time. Thought for sure there'd be an Easter egg in the audience or something.

Still thought it was goofy fun for what it was and I enjoyed it.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 2:19 am

Interesting the Elizabeth Olsen indicated she never met
Spoiler! :
John Krasinski during filming. I am even more convinced that scene was originally just Capt Carter, Capt Marvel and Mordo - possibly shot with the hope of getting Cruise as IM. And Mordo was the one killed in the shot where Mr Fantastic was. Can't decide if Chuck was there from the start. It may help once we can freeze frame that scene and look at the blocking and interactions, as well as the statues around the building if they represent dead Avengers. Maybe not even the Baxter Foundation but the Stark Foundation?
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon May 16, 2022 9:55 am

fac wrote:Interesting the Elizabeth Olsen indicated she never met
Spoiler! :
John Krasinski during filming. I am even more convinced that scene was originally just Capt Carter, Capt Marvel and Mordo - possibly shot with the hope of getting Cruise as IM. And Mordo was the one killed in the shot where Mr Fantastic was. Can't decide if Chuck was there from the start. It may help once we can freeze frame that scene and look at the blocking and interactions, as well as the statues around the building if they represent dead Avengers. Maybe not even the Baxter Foundation but the Stark Foundation?
I wouldn’t look that much into it. They film actors separately to keep these secret cameos under wraps. So yeah they haven’t met yet because they brought him in to a secret studio and filmed him in front of a green screen and spliced him in with everyone. I’d be surprised if anybody in that scene was in the room together. While early on in the writing process they may have had thoughts of cruise and whoever else, that all got shut down quickly. The writers are just like the fans wanting to throw all these crazy ideas in but end of the day it’s going to be what makes sense for the direction of the movie and future projects.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Spoiler! :
John Krasinski during filming. I am even more convinced that scene was originally just Capt Carter, Capt Marvel and Mordo...
I wouldn’t look that much into it.
So just saw an article with the screenwriter that talks about some alt ideas and plans:
Spoiler! :
Charles was a main piece from the start, and supposedly they had hired Daniel Craig to be Reed but he backed out for Covid concerns, so was replaced by Krasinski. Also mentioned they had considered a Namor appearance but decided to hold off on that - presumably for BP2. It also mentions the initial Balder speculation but the writer wasn't asked about that. I think they were giving themselves the option of two different directions, one would have been an alt-Avengers with Cruise IM, Balder for Thor, the two alt-Capts; the other more Illuminati with Reed, Namor, Black Bolt etc., and ended up with a mix of the two.

One other thing, they were going to have the Nic West character, who talks to Strange at the wedding, be part of the Baxter foundation team, and get killed by Wanda. I wondered about having him back but not doing anything else with him later.

Also, those who felt Christine is done, that is correct according to the screen writer, the goal was to wrap that up and move on to Clea.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 pm

I loved the movie. I'm thinking it might be a top 5 solo film for me, though, it is still too fresh for an honest assessment.

This film had all the magical feel I really felt was missing from the 1st film. Not so much that film's fault since it had to do all the heavy lifting with the introduction to the characters/world. I did have a couple eye-rolling moments, which I accept will happen in all Marvel films, but I thought the film just looked beautiful whether the aesthetic was intended to be appealing or grotesque. The major thing that bothers me is
► Show Spoiler
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon May 16, 2022 5:31 pm

fac wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Spoiler! :
John Krasinski during filming. I am even more convinced that scene was originally just Capt Carter, Capt Marvel and Mordo...
I wouldn’t look that much into it.
So just saw an article with the screenwriter that talks about some alt ideas and plans:
Spoiler! :
Charles was a main piece from the start, and supposedly they had hired Daniel Craig to be Reed but he backed out for Covid concerns, so was replaced by Krasinski. Also mentioned they had considered a Namor appearance but decided to hold off on that - presumably for BP2. It also mentions the initial Balder speculation but the writer wasn't asked about that. I think they were giving themselves the option of two different directions, one would have been an alt-Avengers with Cruise IM, Balder for Thor, the two alt-Capts; the other more Illuminati with Reed, Namor, Black Bolt etc., and ended up with a mix of the two.

One other thing, they were going to have the Nic West character, who talks to Strange at the wedding, be part of the Baxter foundation team, and get killed by Wanda. I wondered about having him back but not doing anything else with him later.

Also, those who felt Christine is done, that is correct according to the screen writer, the goal was to wrap that up and move on to Clea.
Yep what I said. They had crazy fan ideas but they ultimately didn’t work out for the direction of the movie or the future. This would all be at the writing and preproduction point.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 6:14 pm

Are we still spoiler tagging two weeks in?
Spoiler! :
I haven't seen a lot of people talking about the sixth empty Illuminati chair next to Black Bolt. It's in the trailer and it's on screen but they do their best to not show it. We've heard talk about introducing Namor, but in the credits the concept art looked like Black Panther sitting in that chair. Obviously they weren't going to violently kill that character on screen, but leaving the empty chair there is interesting.

I have a lot of thoughts on this film and most of them have to do with how poorly Marvel handled Wanda, but I'll skip that and talk about how badly they handled Mordo.

Leaving the 616 version of him out of the movie opens up some story issues. But then the Illuminati version of him just disappears. I've seen the talk of his 616 deleted death scene. If that is true, I wonder if that is also why his confrontation with dreamwalking Wanda was cut - because she referenced already killing him once and they couldn't find a good way to cut around that, or reshoot. Because Mordo literally just stays down in a crawlspace as his universe - and teammates - are brutally attacked. He must have had a scene with Wanda because where did she go while Christine, America and Strange chat and set up the next set piece for a whole minute? She wasn't limping that badly.

But this movie once again really poorly handles Mordo, among so many other things.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 10:14 pm

JPC wrote:
Spoiler! :
I haven't seen a lot of people talking about the sixth empty Illuminati chair next to Black Bolt. It's in the trailer and it's on screen but they do their best to not show it. We've heard talk about introducing Namor, but in the credits the concept art looked like Black Panther sitting in that chair. Obviously they weren't going to violently kill that character on screen, but leaving the empty chair there is interesting.

I have a lot of thoughts on this film and most of them have to do with how poorly Marvel handled Wanda, but I'll skip that and talk about how badly they handled Mordo.

Leaving the 616 version of him out of the movie opens up some story issues. But then the Illuminati version of him just disappears. I've seen the talk of his 616 deleted death scene. If that is true, I wonder if that is also why his confrontation with dreamwalking Wanda was cut - because she referenced already killing him once and they couldn't find a good way to cut around that, or reshoot. Because Mordo literally just stays down in a crawlspace as his universe - and teammates - are brutally attacked. He must have had a scene with Wanda because where did she go while Christine, America and Strange chat and set up the next set piece for a whole minute? She wasn't limping that badly.

But this movie once again really poorly handles Mordo, among so many other things.
Spoiler! :
It's Supreme Strange's chair and it's empty because he's deado.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 11:58 pm

Hadn't considered that, but wouldn't they just remove it in that case?

And by "they" I mean, of course, the Ultronbots. :)
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue May 17, 2022 3:21 am

JPC wrote:Hadn't considered that, but wouldn't they just remove it in that case?

Probably same reason they built a statue in his “honor”. Appearances and public relations.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 3:30 am

Maximoff wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:21 am
JPC wrote:Hadn't considered that, but wouldn't they just remove it in that case?

Probably same reason they built a statue in his “honor”. Appearances and public relations.
Spoiler! :
They also seemed to still have admiration and respect for him. He knew what he was becoming and he agreed with his friends, who still cared about him. Black Bolt's final words to him weren't, "Go to hell, ya bastard". So, statue and they left a chair for him. Both honor him as well as serve as a reminder for them to stay on the side of the angels too.

I dunno... there seems to be plenty of ways to fill in that blank.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue May 17, 2022 4:07 am

JPC wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
looks like we are.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 10:39 pm

Thinking more on that seat:
Spoiler! :
I've read some interviews with the screenwriter, Waldron, that got me rethinking this. First, he does say the seat wasn't for Stephen. It makes sense that Mordo took Stephen's seat as he wasn't on Titan with them and you only need one sorcery representative on the board, so he joined after Strange's death.

Waldron made it seem like they do have an idea who the seat is for but it wasn't for him to reveal it nor this movie, making it sound like Marvel has a plan for that later but also did purposely leave it open if plans change.

It likely isn't Tony since Peggy reps the Avengers. I don't see anything suggesting the movies don't follow the idea of each member representing a faction or kingdom. It would be funny if it was 616 Tony as a multiversal rep. He did have the Illuminati app on his phone in Iron Man 2. He also was more aware of such things than he let on given his ominous comment to Cap about messing with time and it messes back, "you'll see". But I doubt it's him.

Waldron was also asked about Namor. He said the character was discussed but Marvel has plans for him. Maybe those plans and the plans for that seventh seat person are the same.

Another character that makes sense is T'Challa. He initially turned down membership in the comics, joining later with reluctance due to the incursions. So would make sense for him to be a member now but also not present all the time. Theres a few reasons for them to not show T'Challa in this movie as well, such as not ready to recast/reveal who has been cast, and also Wakanda Forever is coming in a few months so that may answer this question too.

RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 11:16 pm

I'm just gonna go from what we know about the film and assume it's
Spoiler! :
Stephens seat and they did have two sorcerers. And since the rest of the Illuminati are dead and we won't be seeing this universe again unless they bring over Mordo, why complicate it further with what if's, concept art and intended appearances.

Return to “The Multiplex”