Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
K_Steel
Prognostibator
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:41 am

Enjoyable episode. Again, very "Ant-man and Wasp" in tone, but that's fine.

Great chemistry between the leads, they are very likeable. The story and plot continues to be very thin, but it's a family-friendly show.. so it has to be accessible to that audience.

With all the signaling that the mom is the villian, I wonder if they'll go the Madame Masque route from the comics.

Chekov's gun for that trick that Clint taught Kate.

Despite the criticism for the show, it's so much more watchable than the other 'family friendly' superhero shows airing currently. I tried watching a new episode of CW's Flash recently... and wow, such braindead garbage. This is ten times better.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:32 pm

fac wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:45 am
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm
It was only 'yesterday' they were tied up by the Tracksuits, right? How does Echo already know who Clint's familymembers are? SHIELD's Witness Protection Program is kinda shit, it seems.
Speculation
Spoiler! :
Info found on the watch...if it was a spy device to store recordings, video, etc.?
If a random chick can break SHIELD safeguards in one day that still says nothing good about SHIELD operating standards, lol.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:46 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
fac wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:45 am
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm
It was only 'yesterday' they were tied up by the Tracksuits, right? How does Echo already know who Clint's familymembers are? SHIELD's Witness Protection Program is kinda shit, it seems.
Speculation
Spoiler! :
Info found on the watch...if it was a spy device to store recordings, video, etc.?
If a random chick can break SHIELD safeguards in one day that still says nothing good about SHIELD operating standards, lol.
Counter: we know she’s a lieutenant in an organized crime ring, drawing attention from an Avenger. And he’s using a regular smart phone that could probably be hacked.

It’s also not impractical that exposés were done on Avengers in the 11+ years from the Battle of NY through the Blip. We know Clint would have been opposed and uncomfortable with the attention, but it’s not impractical to think that someone did a write up about the only Avenger to have a family while saving the world.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Plus, he was just out and about NYC pretty openly with his kids - restaurant, show, etc. So not too hard to believe that part isn't a secret, because if so, not doing a great job.
Spoiler! :
More evidence though that the secret is likely Laura who maybe cannot be seen in public? Hence why she wasn't part of the family trip. As for the watch, who knows, it is all just a guess at this point.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:14 am

I want a lot more episodes of this show.
Spoiler! :
And there he is..the kingpin we know and love.

Also think Pugh has really found her character. I loved every second of her and Kate’s interaction. They go really well together. Maybe it’s their insane over confidence.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:02 pm

► Show Spoiler
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Feige timing this with Spider-Man NWH was a masterclass in brilliance.

Phase 4 just amped up.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Nice setup episode for what I hope will be a solid finale next week.
Spoiler! :
Fisk! I will be curious how active he is in the finale. Feels like they are setting him up for a longer run. Same with Swordsman. I don't see Kingpin being wrapped up in this series unless D'Onofrio doesn't want to continue with the part. That there is some major history with Clint, Laura and Kingpin, that might explain why Ronin was so focused on organized crime...we don't know if Kingpin was snapped or not.

Curious if Kate's Mom is truly bad or are we being swerved...? Is she associating with Kingpin of her own volition or being coerced?

Hailee is having a lot of fun and doing great work as Kate, I liked her trying to not show fear of Yelena being in her apartment and also her crazy-ex-girlfriend-esque calls to Clint.

Had we seen a snap/unsnap occur from the perspective of a snapped person before? That was well done with Yelena. Got me overthinking about people who were snapped during while flying in an airplane or riding in a car - where did they return to?

Lot to cover in the finale it seems. I assume this will end with Kate and Echo being approached by Valentina?
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:34 pm

fac wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:18 pm
Nice setup episode for what I hope will be a solid finale next week.
Spoiler! :
Fisk! I will be curious how active he is in the finale. Feels like they are setting him up for a longer run. Same with Swordsman. I don't see Kingpin being wrapped up in this series unless D'Onofrio doesn't want to continue with the part. That there is some major history with Clint, Laura and Kingpin, that might explain why Ronin was so focused on organized crime...we don't know if Kingpin was snapped or not.

Curious if Kate's Mom is truly bad or are we being swerved...? Is she associating with Kingpin of her own volition or being coerced?

Hailee is having a lot of fun and doing great work as Kate, I liked her trying to not show fear of Yelena being in her apartment and also her crazy-ex-girlfriend-esque calls to Clint.

Had we seen a snap/unsnap occur from the perspective of a snapped person before? That was well done with Yelena. Got me overthinking about people who were snapped during while flying in an airplane or riding in a car - where did they return to?

Lot to cover in the finale it seems. I assume this will end with Kate and Echo being approached by Valentina?

Well
Spoiler! :
Vincent has been very vocal about wanting to continue as kingpin, and his teasing comments are what led to speculation about his return here. Along with feige confirming that cox will be daredevil should we ever see the character again, means he's retaining at least that component of the netflix universe, there was also rumor or something about bernthal coming back as punisher.

Fisk has more usefulness in series like this, so he could end up involved in moon knight and she hulk as well.

Also the closest thing i think we've gotten to perception of being unsnapped was monica in wandavision, she came back in the hospital room but she didn't have the world changing around here. Many have proposed the question about what happened to people mid transit or in spots that they would not survive returning in so who knows. Maybe people in planes snapped back into the seat of the plane, not the specific spot in the air they happened to be, who knows. Its obviously a more grim aspect of the snap/unsnap that they haven't felt comfortable trying to tackle yet.

I think kates mom is bad, its also possible she has used swordsman as a patsy, i don't see her being innocent. Maybe she's not the overall big bad but she's involved more than being forced i feel. Curious if val will show up here, does her sending yelena for kates mom mean that val works for kingpin? I assumed she was higher level than that. Maybe she's just running whatever operation yelena is in and is willing to hire out for whatever.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:12 pm

Man, Florence is quickly becoming a favorite character of mine. While I thought Black Widow was a very mediocre movie, she was the best part of it for me. Seeing her really sink her teeth into her character... just love it!

Some thoughts/highlights for me.
Spoiler! :
Swordsman just got made a huge patsy. Thought that the moment it happened, not when the ending was shown. Speaking of the ending, did the picture of Fisk look like D'Onofrio to you guys? It didn't to me. The interaction between Kate and Yelena was so perfect. Every moment, facial tic, smirk... both Florence and Hailee are amazing actors.
I may be enjoying the Disney+ shows more than the movies. So much more fleshing out of characters.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Spoiler! :
D'Onofrio had his name in the end credits, so that's definitely him.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Cool! Didn't watch the credits as I snuck this in at work. Will watch again when I get home.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:05 pm

The question of folks on airplanes that got snapped back got me too, until I started thinking about how the earth, solar system, and Galaxy are all constantly moving too. They’d all get snapped back into the vacuum of outer space.

So I just assume: because comics
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Yeah, I think I liked that scene even more than Monica's. Also, the part with Yelena and Kate...
Spoiler! :
Two very young, acting powerhouses just having a conversation. I can't wait to see more of both characters after next week, whether in scenes together or otherwise.
I'm also really so happy with how they're handling Echo.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Someone reminded me that Yelena should be about 30ish now, early 30s, even with the blip considered. She was born in the late 80s.

And it's about 2024/5 in the MCU Timeline.

So I don't think she'll be a Young Avenger. She may end up on the proper Avengers team as the new Black Widow.

Return to “The Multiplex”