Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:16 pm

There will be no hard-edged shows on Disney+. And I'm fine with that - kids love the MCU, let it stay within that range.

I was actually surprised with the scene with Ronin in the garage, a bit more CGI bloody than I expected, with one guy visibly stabbed through.
Spoiler! :
Which makes me think that it wasn't Clint - that was maybe a bit too brutal for our hero, even when he was in Ronin mode - to show and not just imply.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:15 am

The walking dead is on Disney+ in the UK, they have no issue with violence/gore on their streaming service.
If you mean they wouldn’t have a ‘hard edge’ mcu show, sure they would. They’d just market it differently.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:16 am

Fair enough about Disney+ UK, but Disney+ US is PG-13/TV-14 max. Hulu is where they put R/TV-MA stuff in the US - for instance Deadpool is on Hulu.

I suspect if they ever get the Netflix shows they will be placed on Hulu, where they also have put MODOK and Hit Monkey.

But I doubt they will do anything in continuity for the MCU beyond PG-13. There is no real upside to doing so.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:41 am

I like the Antman vibe to this show. Track Suit Mafia are both goofy and enough of a threat. I’m so sick of the world ending threat stories.

Moments like Clint talking to his son on the phone is story telling gold. Really enjoying this smaller story. The Fraction story did have insane comic booky moments like Madame Mask and the video tape auction but Clint hanging out having a beer with his building mates, fighting for them against those Track Suit Mafia thugs, and Kate and he just interacting…

I ♡ this!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:28 am

The goofy tone fits the Kate character. This show is more of a launching pad for her. With Kate, it has to be a fun, family-friendly series. She uses 'home alone' antics in her fight scenes, and the tracksuit mafia are dumb as bricks.

They managed to make Kate far more likeable here than in the comics, which is impressive because conceptually the character is a tough sell. She has a bright future if they continue 'Hawkeye' for future seasons.

They'll need a 'harder edge' show whenever they launch Daredevil and Punisher. Maybe Blade and Werewolf By Night will set the precedent for it.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:44 am

Spoiler! :
Ok, huge brain prediction. The watch belongs to Laura, who turns out to be former Shield agent Bobbi Morse.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Why would the watch have been at Avengers HQ? I'm wondering if it isn't Natasha's.

What language were they speaking to negate the kids hearing, despite the kids obviously knowing what she said?
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:27 pm
What language were they speaking to negate the kids hearing, despite the kids obviously knowing what she said?
German.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:37 pm

Re: watch
Spoiler! :
Could it be Tony’s watch glove from Civil War?
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:22 pm

Damn, each episode is gold! I really, really love this series. There's obviously so much more to
Spoiler! :
Clint's wife, Laura. She must have worked for SHIELD getting all the intel she does and the languages she speaks.
I wish the Disney + stuff had been around since the beginning. Characters get so much more fleshed out here, to help us care for them even more. Great stuff!
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:44 am
Spoiler! :
Ok, huge brain prediction. The watch belongs to Laura, who turns out to be former Shield agent Bobbi Morse.
Spoiler! :
That would be interesting, I assume the watch is Laura's as well. Maybe she was undercover in the Kingpin org at one point?

If they went the Bobbi Morse route it would put another nail in Agents of SHIELD being MCU cannon-adjacent in later seasons.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:58 pm

Fun episode even if it didn't go anywhere surprising.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:27 pm

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this show. I've never cared much for Hawkeye but it's very well done, especially the action scenes. They're doing a great job making me care about everyone.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm

It was only 'yesterday' they were tied up by the Tracksuits, right? How does Echo already know who Clint's familymembers are? SHIELD's Witness Protection Program is kinda shit, it seems.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:45 am

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 pm
It was only 'yesterday' they were tied up by the Tracksuits, right? How does Echo already know who Clint's familymembers are? SHIELD's Witness Protection Program is kinda shit, it seems.
Speculation
Spoiler! :
Info found on the watch...if it was a spy device to store recordings, video, etc.?

Return to “The Multiplex”