Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 pm
Maximoff wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:48 am
Episode 3
Spoiler! :
That chuckle sounded like Vincent D’Onofrio to me.
I thought the same thing
Spoiler! :
I'm worried though they will pull shenanigans and make echos "uncle" someone else. Either random or it'll just be swordsman. I'm hoping for kingpin though, it seems so obvious but being so obvious may be a problem.
Good episode, liked the trick arrows.
Spoiler! :
why did Scott or hank give him pym particles though... seems like hank wouldn't want to share those, dunno, giant arrow was cool though.

Also, echo has a prosthetic leg right? They showed it i thought during her fight training then Clint hit metal trying to kick her, but I have a hard time believing someone with a normal prosthetic leg like that could flip and kick so well... curious how she lost it too...
About the leg
Spoiler! :
I was really watching some of the stunts and there is one shot of her where it reeeeeeally looks like it's Cox doing the moves and not a stunt woman. Maybe they digitally put her face in there, but Cox is actually an amputee so whatever you can see her doing is something she can actually accomplish. I can't recall Maya being one in the comics so it seems like something they added since the actress has the prosthetic.

On another note, I'm glad to see her dad is appearing on the Echo show as Zahn is way too good an actor to kill off so quickly. He blew me away in one episode of Westworld and is awesome on Reservation Dogs as well. (I believe at least one writer from Reservation Dogs is part of the Echo staff too now.)
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:23 pm

This was the best episode yet for me. The action scenes were top notch.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:35 pm

I thought the direction in this was flashy in a good way, especially during the car chase, where I liked the shots from inside the car. But the low-key scenes worked well, like Clint talking to his son with Kate's help - that was a nice way to show he is starting to believe in her. And I liked her speech about why he is a role model. - he clearly regrets his time as Ronin and is not coping well that Nat sacrificed herself. Liking this more than Falcon/Winter Soldier as a more straightforward hero story.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 am

Really loved this episode.
Spoiler! :
The scene with Clint talking to his son while Kate translated for him hit so heavily for me. It was extremely well-acted and got across what everyone was thinking perfectly without anyone needing to spell it out. Clint's feeling of hopelessness when all he wanted was to spend Christmas with his family and the pain of not being able to hear his son's voice, Kate's utter guilt knowing that he's only in this because of her actions, the use of sound to really nail home how Clint's dealing with this (Wearing headphones for this made it work even more), it was just a great, emotional scene.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 am

Definitely agree.
Spoiler! :
this episode really had some great scenes, emotional moments, familial connections, and some cool action. I wasn't as bored by the first two as some, but totally get where that comes from. This episode was a needed boost in a few areas.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:33 am

A few minor nitpicks aside, this is by far the best MCU show yet. I love the conflicting personalities which leads to great chemistry between Kate and Clint and I'm so happy that Lucky is in it.
Spoiler! :
I'm really looking forward to find out where the Swordsman angle leads.
It's just a fun show and I hope it stays that way.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Natasha lead the Avengers for five years during the Snap, so there absolutely would have been a public announcement of her death 'in the battle against Thanos' to explain her sudden absence from public view.
Popoman
CROM?

Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 pm

This is so good. I've always like Hawkeye in the MCU and felt he was incredibly underrated, so glad he got his own series.
Spoiler! :
and that BETTER be Vincent D'Onofrio, I have waited for this for so long
wraith1701
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Blingoman wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 pm
This is so good. I've always like Hawkeye in the MCU and felt he was incredibly underrated, so glad he got his own series.
Spoiler! :
and that BETTER be Vincent D'Onofrio, I have waited for this for so long
I agree. I can give the MCU ONE pass for the obvious trolling they did with “Ralph Bohner.” They know what the audience is going to infer from the little peak we got in this episode. For them to take that and pull another switcheroo would be just plain malicious.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 am
Really loved this episode.
Spoiler! :
The scene with Clint talking to his son while Kate translated for him hit so heavily for me. It was extremely well-acted and got across what everyone was thinking perfectly without anyone needing to spell it out. Clint's feeling of hopelessness when all he wanted was to spend Christmas with his family and the pain of not being able to hear his son's voice, Kate's utter guilt knowing that he's only in this because of her actions, the use of sound to really nail home how Clint's dealing with this (Wearing headphones for this made it work even more), it was just a great, emotional scene.
Yes! I absolutely loved the well done action scenes, but this moment hit me hard, in a great way. I love how the part I highlighted was portrayed. Jeremy and Hailee work excellent with each other. Great chemistry.

I'm actually amazed at how consistently great these Disney+ series have been. Kudos to all those involved in making these. It's an amazing time to be a fanboy or girl.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:48 pm

It is these real moments that put the character in these character driven programs like Loki, Wanda, Sam & Bucky, and here Hawkeye(s). This is what I’m loving in the Filoni/Favreau Star Wars shows. It’s part of what I am missing in the massive team ups in the films. It is a fantastic time to be a fan.

I watched the extended preview that showed part of that car chase. And it was awesome. It’s even awesomer in the show. A slight tweak makes it brilliant! “We’re communicating!” Ha!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:52 pm
Natasha lead the Avengers for five years during the Snap, so there absolutely would have been a public announcement of her death 'in the battle against Thanos' to explain her sudden absence from public view.
Her sacrifice is literally what brought back to life half the universe. There's no way the entire saga - every little detail of how and who and why - wouldn't have been shared/interrogated/investigated by every media outlet known to man- AND alienkind. Gosh, I would love to see Carol visiting planets to be the bearer of how half of them suddenly came back to life. That would give a higher purpose to her inclusion.

Didn't love this episode. Felt like nothing really happened. The cab ride on the way to Kate's home was a really obvious reshoot - her wigline was all wrong. Guessing they reshuffled and decided to make that ending scene a cliffhanger so had to set it up in the most awkward way.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:13 pm

It's an alright show by the halfway point. Perhaps a 6/10 or 7/10 at best.

It's a very basic plot, elevated by charming lead actors. Tonally, this isn't a hard-edge Daredevil show. It's a light-hearted family-friendly series. It's on par with "Ant-Man and the Wasp." Very safe.

Looks like "Moon Knight" is the last chance to get a Marvel show anywhere close to Daredevil. "She-Hulk" is another comedy they've confirmed. "Miss Marvel" is a kids/family show.

Liked Echo and the Car chase, but thought Clint's 'larping' sideplot was very CW network cringy. Mixed bag of a show.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 92 percent with an 80 percent audience score. Factoring in the triluminal exfoliation, that leaves a plus or minus aggregate interferon of 30th percentile mixed media Q-factors.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:16 pm

But what does Twitter say about it? Huh? Huh?

Wait, nevermind, I scrolled.

Return to “The Multiplex”