Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hawkeye - MCU Disney+ Series

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:35 pm

I find it interesting that we now have legacies either established or soon-to-be for all 6 original Avengers, with She-hulk and Iron Heart upcoming. But of course we have no idea if Jane Foster will actually take on Thor's role outside of the one movie (seems unlikely to me that Portman would want to essentially have her own mcu franchise, but its certainly possible).

But before we get too excited by the idea of Sam, Jenn, Yelena, Kate, Riri, and (maybe) Jane teaming-up, let's all remember how netflix Defenders worked out. Although i have a lot more faith in Feige than Loeb/Perlmutter
wraith1701
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:23 pm
heinousjoe wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:39 am
How is his sword retractable? Was that explained? Was it like that in endgame?
It never did that in endgame to my knowledge, and it seemed pointless for it to do so since he carried it in a scabbard on his back. Feels like a dumb thing they added last minute as a way for swordsman to tuck it in his coat and walk out with it.
Spoiler! :
Something tells me that the retractable feature is going to be revealed as a plot-twist with the uncle’s “murder.” A flashback will reveal him taking the sword and accidentally killing himself with it.
I’m enjoying the show quite a bit. The tone, look, and character interactions are all pretty great.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:32 pm

JPC wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:09 pm
Magnuz wrote:
Spoiler! :
They couldn't do fractions hapless loser hawkeye completely because the MCU has set him up as a dedicated family man and he has to go back to that unless they go completely sideways and take out his family which would be really hard to pull on a guy like him in this stage, i don't see the mcu going that dark.
You mean like that time before when Marvel Snapped every single one of them without remorse? Hence, Ronin. :)
That was impermanent obviously as infinity war as a whole was an empire strikes back bad guy wins cliff hanger movie that leads to redemption and victory for the heroes in the sequel. The second they dusted spiderman along with black panther and everyone else you knew that they'd fix it in the next movie, so it wasn't as dark as it could have been.
Spoiler! :
to remove clints family obligations now would require either completely murdering all of them ala punisher style loss of family which would obviously push him off the deep end and serve no purpose cause there's no way he'd stay Hawkeye.

The other way would be him driving them away with his hero work but they clearly show his wife being supportive and knowledgeable of the people he's fighting meaning he's open and honest with her and there's little way to make that relationship fall apart.

So him having a firm family obligation, his own hearing loss, the loss of nat, and his general dislike of the attention and fame being an avenger gets (remember he was originally just a black ops guy) means he's setup to retire and let Kate be the superhero she wants to be and that he doesn't want to be.
wraith1701 wrote:
Magnuz wrote:
heinousjoe wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:39 am
How is his sword retractable? Was that explained? Was it like that in endgame?
It never did that in endgame to my knowledge, and it seemed pointless for it to do so since he carried it in a scabbard on his back. Feels like a dumb thing they added last minute as a way for swordsman to tuck it in his coat and walk out with it.
Spoiler! :
Something tells me that the retractable feature is going to be revealed as a plot-twist with the uncle’s “murder.” A flashback will reveal him taking the sword and accidentally killing himself with it.
I’m enjoying the show quite a bit. The tone, look, and character interactions are all pretty great.
Spoiler! :
swordsman took the sword the uncle didn't have it and shouldn't have had access to it since he had won it and swordsman had to steal it to get it so uncle didn't kill himself.

It's just the choice between obvious swordsman killed him or twist Kate's mom did.
gunbuster718
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:18 am

Spoiler! :
I caught Swordsman right away, and not surprised by it. Well, Eleanor Bishop is definitely fishy also.
I have my own crackpot theory.

Her penchant for red, her whole demeanor, the hair...... I can't help but think of Justine Hammer, aka The Crimson Cowl.

The other theory is she is connected to the Red Room, which conforms also with the Black Widow angle.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:59 am

I'm hoping...
Spoiler! :
She becomes Madame Masque.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:59 am
I'm hoping...
Spoiler! :
She becomes Madame Masque.
Oh, that's a good one.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:48 am

Episode 3
Spoiler! :
That chuckle sounded like Vincent D’Onofrio to me.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:01 am

Yeah, for sure.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:53 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Episode 3
Spoiler! :
I thought the same thing
Spoiler! :
I'm worried though they will pull shenanigans and make echos "uncle" someone else. Either random or it'll just be swordsman. I'm hoping for kingpin though, it seems so obvious but being so obvious may be a problem.
Good episode, liked the trick arrows.
Spoiler! :
why did Scott or hank give him pym particles though... seems like hank wouldn't want to share those, dunno, giant arrow was cool though.

Also, echo has a prosthetic leg right? They showed it i thought during her fight training then Clint hit metal trying to kick her, but I have a hard time believing someone with a normal prosthetic leg like that could flip and kick so well... curious how she lost it too...
wraith1701
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:31 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Episode 3
Spoiler! :

Yep.
Spoiler! :
MeFISK-o CONFIRMED :geek:
Man, I’m REALLY digging this show. Not only have they managed to make me care more about Hawkeye or Kate Bishop than I thought was possible, they managed to make me care about and empathize with a Marvel villain I’d never even heard of until this show. Good stuff.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Episode 3 definitely kicked it up a notch.
Spoiler! :
Echo was great and had some solid development for just a single episode.

I am ready for "Uncle"/Kingpin to be in the formal MCU mainly because I want Daredevil and Punisher more.

I can appreciate the hearing loss aspect for Clint. Curious where that journey will take him (and us)...

Playdoh arrow and the Santa windsock were both LOL moments for me and the kids.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Capman wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Episode 3 definitely kicked it up a notch.
Spoiler! :
Echo was great and had some solid development for just a single episode.

I am ready for "Uncle"/Kingpin to be in the formal MCU mainly because I want Daredevil and Punisher more.

I can appreciate the hearing loss aspect for Clint. Curious where that journey will take him (and us)...

Playdoh arrow and the Santa windsock were both LOL moments for me and the kids.
Spoiler! :
I see the hearing loss mainly as a tool to push him into retirement, it also is interesting that they are using it as a connection with echo. She challenged him about not relying on the hearing aid, and showcases how competent she is despite being deaf, so it may push clint to try harder to work with his hearing loss or at least give him something to connect with her over maybe help make amends about killing her father, who knows.

They are making an echo show right? Curious to see what it would be about, does she stay a villain or do something else, obviously be a good place to bring back kingpin more full time like in daredevil and even bring in charlie cox for an appearance or too... lots of possibilities with this shows setups.

Also interesting that the world is so aware that black widow is dead that echo knew when he mentioned her name. She died in endgame with no real aftermath shown other than the slight mourning scene with the core avengers. Aside from the grave yalena visited, was it like a big public announcement what happened to her? I mean they acted like steves whereabouts were a bit of a mystery with rumors of him being on the moon, like it wasn't clear what happened to him and he was a more public and prolific hero than widow was.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:35 pm

I'm very open with my Echo bias but even aside from her, I thought this was the strongest episode.
Magnuz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:24 pm
Spoiler! :
I see the hearing loss mainly as a tool to push him into retirement, it also is interesting that they are using it as a connection with echo. She challenged him about not relying on the hearing aid, and showcases how competent she is despite being deaf, so it may push clint to try harder to work with his hearing loss or at least give him something to connect with her over maybe help make amends about killing her father, who knows.

They are making an echo show right? Curious to see what it would be about, does she stay a villain or do something else, obviously be a good place to bring back kingpin more full time like in daredevil and even bring in charlie cox for an appearance or too... lots of possibilities with this shows setups.

Also interesting that the world is so aware that black widow is dead that echo knew when he mentioned her name. She died in endgame with no real aftermath shown other than the slight mourning scene with the core avengers. Aside from the grave yalena visited, was it like a big public announcement what happened to her? I mean they acted like steves whereabouts were a bit of a mystery with rumors of him being on the moon, like it wasn't clear what happened to him and he was a more public and prolific hero than widow was.
Are you familiar with Maya in the comics at all?
Spoiler! :
in the comics, it was Daredevil she believed had killed her father, and I believe he did work for Kingpin. Turns out Kingpin had done it and blamed Daredevil, but Ronin works a lot better.

Also in the comics, Maya was the one who originated the Ronin persona. Clint took it over during Dark Reign. But once she figured out Kingpin was behind her dad's death, she of course switched sides and did her best to be a hero. She was also an Avenger for a time (when Ronin happened). She didn't like Iron Man because she couldn't see his lips.

I can't see Fisk posing as Ronin so maybe it was Jack.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:49 pm

Thinking more on the Ronin thing....
Spoiler! :
I could see Fisk being behind it all as a way to eliminate competition. He has Jack do this vigilante thing to do so, and Clint falls in as Jack's apprentice because he is so ready to go dark side. It's not necessary to have Jack be the one who did it because Maya could see see Fisk as behind it even thought Clint was the one who did kill her dad, but if they wanna be safer about Clint then have Jack be the one who actually did it.

Part of me says there is NO way that isn't D'Onofrio, but I also remember this is the studio who dropped devil hints without Mephisto and also gave us Ralph Bohner.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:52 pm

Yep... I cracked it.
Spoiler! :
that is totally D'Onofrio, as crimelord Ralph Bohner Sr.

Return to “The Multiplex”