What If...? - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: What If...? - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Uh, how did Ultron come into being in the first place - Vision-form or otherwise - before Cap was thawed to join the Avengers? The Ultron program was only written by Tony after the Chitauri invasion showed how vulnerable Earth was.
Deckard wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:50 pm
Appreciated the light heartedness of this episode. It seems to me the universe would be better off with the party prince. He was on good terms with just about everyone including the villains..... until Shield and the party pooper got involved. Lol
You missed the part they mentioned of his partying destroying worlds? I've seen some mention of it meaning planets were actually physically destroyed but I just took it to mean he and his entourage wrecked up the resident civilization to the point of unrecovery, like Stonehenge got wrecked. Maybe that's why he had so many party pals in the first place; their homes were wrecked up too much to stay there.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:09 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Uh, how did Ultron come into being in the first place - Vision-form or otherwise - before Cap was thawed to join the Avengers? The Ultron program was only written by Tony after the Chitauri invasion showed how vulnerable Earth was.
Spoiler! :
I may be wrong, but I believe this is realities converging. Ultron comes from an Earth where he won. The Avengers didn't take his intended final form from him and he destroyed most, if not all, life. If I'm not mistaken again, this is what next week's episode will be about, and the finale will be heroes from several episodes uniting to save the multiverses from Ultron.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Yeah Party Prince seemed to have a pretty happy cohesive peaceful rule going on there…

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:11 pm

Eh Thor was shaped by the women around him in his movies. Jane gave him a new perspective on life and the death of his mother impacted him so much they carved out time in an already huge string of plots in Endgame to address it. Would be weird to not have them there to influence him in this.

I assume Ultron prime is reality hopping since this is before the events that led to the creation of Ultron. Which is unfortunate because this is the one reality where things seem to work out and is a much happier place. As long as shield doesn’t launch nukes at you. Thor still got his true love, his parents get to stay alive, has a good relationship with Loki since they didn’t grow up as siblings and Loki didn’t have a reason to resent him. He’s in line to rule the frost giants and doesn’t need to plot and scheme to take the Asgard throne. Everyone is happy. Well maybe not Fury. Just have to deal with Thor’s arrogance.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:09 pm
AdrienVeidt wrote:
Spoiler! :
I may be wrong, but I believe this is realities converging. Ultron comes from an Earth where he won. The Avengers didn't take his intended final form from him and he destroyed most, if not all, life. If I'm not mistaken again, this is what next week's episode will be about, and the finale will be heroes from several episodes uniting to save the multiverses from Ultron.
What? No no no.. Visultron and his homies just arrived late for the party. That’s all. He’s going to be soo disappointed that he missed the rager. He’ll be like “Dude! I hopped across all these multiverse for this awesome party, and it’s over?!” Well, I guess that would make him mad enough to start destroying things…
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:45 pm

Hopefully we finally get to hear Thor declare to someone that he would 'have words with thee'.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Hopefully we finally get to hear Thor declare to someone that he would 'have words with thee'.
Has he not done that in the MCU?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
I am almost positive he has not. Age of Ultron would have made sense, and I reeeeeally expected it to be said to Thanos at some point but nope.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:02 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
heinousjoe wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
I am almost positive he has not. Age of Ultron would have made sense, and I reeeeeally expected it to be said to Thanos at some point but nope.
He was too busy laying the smacketh down upon him.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:29 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
heinousjoe wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

After Thor defeated the Destroyer in the first Thor movie, Thor walked up to Jane, Selvig and the Warriors 3 and said, "We must go to the Bifrost site, I would have words with my brother."

I think that's the closest he's come to saying that.

https://clip.cafe/thor-2011/i-would-hav ... h-brother/
fac
CROM!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:24 pm

I'm thinking that like the comics, What If..? maybe works better in smaller doses than 8 consecutive weeks? I think the whole trope of the show easily allows the bad guys to win, or characters to die, so it tends to fall back on that, but that becomes a bit repetitive as it goes along. I'm thinking three or four episode batches - maybe a mix between one with a character switch (T'Challa Starlord, Captain Carter), one tragic/horror (Dr Strange, Zombies), one humorous (Party Prince), one bad guy wins (evil Pym, Killmonger), or other stories. Kind of drop a few episodes on Disney+ between the live action series.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:41 pm

fac wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:24 pm
I'm thinking that like the comics, What If..? maybe works better in smaller doses than 8 consecutive weeks? I think the whole trope of the show easily allows the bad guys to win, or characters to die, so it tends to fall back on that, but that becomes a bit repetitive as it goes along. I'm thinking three or four episode batches - maybe a mix between one with a character switch (T'Challa Starlord, Captain Carter), one tragic/horror (Dr Strange, Zombies), one humorous (Party Prince), one bad guy wins (evil Pym, Killmonger), or other stories. Kind of drop a few episodes on Disney+ between the live action series.
I was saying something similar to my wife before the Thor one was released. For once, the MCU is releasing something faster than the monthly comics, or more frequently, and it's something I find to be a negative thing. But even the comics, for me anyway with the ones I read, got pretty repetitive and I lost interest.

I appreciate that they are bringing it all together with an actual finale but I'm not really enthused about the show. To give perspective, I was very open to the show when I thought it would be bite sized, unconnected stories. I love the hyper connectivity of the MCU, but was open to something that appeared to be a break from that while still playing in that lore. I was more excited after Loki and I realized this show would be bite sized, connected stories. But they got kinda tedious over the season.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 pm

So why didn't you guys just quit the show for a few weeks/months when it got tedious?
fac
CROM!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Obviously as a streaming thing I can choose when to watch. I kind of have, skipped a week or two then watched a couple - it isn't appointment TV for me, but I also want to stay semi-current to avoid spoilers, given the "twist" nature of the show. I've liked each episode on their own merits, just feeling less is more at this point, it could use some more space between episodes.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:16 pm

I'd say the same. There have been a couple episodes I waited almost a week to watch, but it's also something my entire family watches together so spoiler avoidance is definitely a factor, but it's also a 'fun' thing I do with my kids.

Return to “The Multiplex”