Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:16 pm

I'm thinking it's just an Almagation, I really don't think hair color Is the straw that breaks the camel.

As for the name? She could honestly just not like the name Loki, since we find out Loki is basically always destined to be a nuisance then Die. So she chooses the other name.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:45 pm

So what are the Easter eggs for these dates and locations?
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanos homeworld, Asgard, Ego was also on the list, Sakaar, Kree homeworld, Vormir, along with a bunch of other Earth cities and I think some more Easter eggs.

I can't find the list but the locations have specific times which they are bombed, Isaw it on Reddit, its actually very interesting as some times are like Vormir in the future, Asgard before Thor was born, Ect. So assuredly MAJOR things develop differently in the branch timelines.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:58 pm

MCUCompletionist wrote:
Thanos homeworld, Asgard, Ego was also on the list, Sakaar, Kree homeworld, Vormir, along with a bunch of other Earth cities and I think some more Easter eggs.

I can't find the list but the locations have specific times which they are bombed, Isaw it on Reddit, its actually very interesting as some times are like Vormir in the future, Asgard before Thor was born, Ect. So assuredly MAJOR things develop differently in the branch timelines.

Did we just witness the origin for the "What If...?" series?
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 am

sepster wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:58 pm
MCUCompletionist wrote:

Did we just witness the origin for the "What If...?" series?
I think its EXTREMELY Likely yes.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:36 am

I think the locations are just probable that "should" get pruned
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:45 am

Haha I love this.
Spoiler! :
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:10 pm

Yeah, I need a What If episode where Ragnarok is reframed as a World Cup tournament.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 am

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 pm
Does anyone else think
Spoiler! :
Lady Loki is actually Enchantress? I mean, she's blonde and kept enchanting people.

Yes, I thought the same thing. Only the crown and relatively unknown actress give me pause.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:04 pm

There are a few things pointing to that being the case.
Spoiler! :
In the credits for the non-english versions, the character is named as Sylvie. There is also a helmet replica for what the character is wearing in episode 2 that names her as Sylvie. Apparently she is the newer Enchantress in the comics that isn't Amora but has the same powers.

My problem with this is... It's a double fake out that won't have as much impact as if we knew who Sylvie was "all along", if you will. It would be better if Enchantress had somehow been at least hinted at previously, but to have a double unmasking that results in someone the audience has never heard of would be this show's version of Ralph Bohner.

BUT... I almost trust the writer has a great twist or set-up planned. I'll be open to being pleasantly surprised.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Idk, I think knowing the history of the two characters in comics and how The Variant has similarities to another D+ leading lady, it makes a lot of sense. And I wouldn’t see it as a double fakeout.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:23 pm

september_death wrote:
Idk, I think knowing the history of the two characters in comics and how The Variant has similarities to another D+ leading lady, it makes a lot of sense. And I wouldn’t see it as a double fakeout.
Spoiler! :
Sure, but for audience members who don't know the comics? Or even if you totally know the comics, the show is obviously going to go about it a different way. The plot in this show needs to be self contained. Yes, characters and influences come from previous stories, but imagine having a Scooby Doo episode where they pull the mask off in the first five minutes and it's been Shaggy all along! But a different Shaggy. Then they pull the real mask off at the end and it was a character they've never shown before. Most mysteries that give the audience absolutely no hope of solving the identity tend to get a lot of ire. Or imagine if Agatha's first appearance on Wandavision was the episode where they reveal it was her all along. Wait, who?!

Like I said, if they set it up well, no problem. As it stands now, even as someone pretty damned comic-savvy, I had no idea who Sylvie is. I'm familiar with Lady Loki in the comics and this is clearly a totally different take so I can't bring my comic knowledge to the table. The show has to be self reliant.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
september_death wrote:
Spoiler! :
Sure, but for audience members who don't know the comics? Or even if you totally know the comics, the show is obviously going to go about it a different way. The plot in this show needs to be self contained. Yes, characters and influences come from previous stories, but imagine having a Scooby Doo episode where they pull the mask off in the first five minutes and it's been Shaggy all along! But a different Shaggy. Then they pull the real mask off at the end and it was a character they've never shown before. Most mysteries that give the audience absolutely no hope of solving the identity tend to get a lot of ire. Or imagine if Agatha's first appearance on Wandavision was the episode where they reveal it was her all along. Wait, who?!

Like I said, if they set it up well, no problem. As it stands now, even as someone pretty damned comic-savvy, I had no idea who Sylvie is. I'm familiar with Lady Loki in the comics and this is clearly a totally different take so I can't bring my comic knowledge to the table. The show has to be self reliant.
I guess that’s fair, but Marvel adding that Loki is gender fluid on a form only eagle-eyed viewers would see in context, there’s zero set up for a female Loki either. All of the alternate Loki’s we saw were male, so I would think to John Q Public it’s a much of a swerve that it’s a woman at all.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 pm

I really don't see the comparison. They established there can be alternate versions of Loki, this one is female. Not a huge twist, but one that makes sense. It also wouldn't be crazy to have this turn out to be someone pretending to be Loki, just cheap if it's a totally new character never established previously. So again, I'll be open to that not being the case. We still have a few episodes for that reveal to not be utterly out of the blue.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:09 pm

Spoiler! :
My theory - Lady Loki/Enchantress wants revenge on the TVA for her father King Loki being "reset". Richard E. Grant is part of the cast and has not yet made an appearance, so I'm guessing he is a version of King Loki in another timeline that was pruned. She said she does not want to rule the TVA like sacred timeline/2012 Loki suggested, so I immediately went to her wanting to destroy it, and what better reason than revenge?

Return to “The Multiplex”