WandaVision - Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: WandaVision - Disney+ Series

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 pm

Spoiler! :
I think there is still room for Wanda as a mutant. Like how Strange, a regular(albeit dedicated and intelligent) person, can access magic and become sorcerer supreme. Her mutant ability could be naturally accessing magic. Specifically chaos magic. She can still be the prophesied scarlet witch it’s just the reason is because her mutation allows her to do magic naturally.

And the bit of her being more powerful than the sorcerer supreme...dormammu is a trillion times more powerful than Strange was but he still defeated him by being clever. More power isn’t going to beat Strange if they go head to head.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 pm

fac wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:26 pm
Maximoff wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 pm
Spoiler! :
Except he’s Ralph Bohner resident of west view who had a charmed necklace to control him and give him his powers.
Spoiler! :
It only just now dawned on me that this was the "Ralph" Agnes kept name-dropping in the first few episodes...
Wow I dunno how I didn't catch that...
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:46 pm

The credits provide names for the townspeople - interestingly their names in the sitcom were not their real names - not sure if these names mean anything to anyone but figured I'd list them.
Mrs Hart - Sharon Davis
Norm - Abilash Tandon
Herb - John Collins
Dottie - Sara Proctor
Phil - Harold Proctor
Beverly - Isabelle Matsueda
Dennis - "The Delivery Man"

That last one is a little odd that he doesn't get a real name.

Some odds and ends:
Spoiler! :
I also rewatched the scene with Quicksilver in his basement from DoFP - it is a similar vibe of a man-boy cave as the attic is in the show, but nothing seemed to be the same as a hidden link. Just doing due diligence. :wink:

Commercials - I guess the shark was Agatha sucking the magic out of the castaway, who withered away as Agatha's victims did.

I am 99% sure there are little Mephisto heads carved into the columns in Agatha's lair by the way. I am worried about who will take care of Senior Scratchy.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Spoiler! :
fac wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:46 pm
Dennis - "The Delivery Man"
That last one is a little odd that he doesn't get a real name.
Pardon me as I go up my own ass for a bit; but Googling 'Marvel comics messenger magic' brings up Saja the Annunaki, a Sumerian messenger god.
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Saja_(Earth-616)

Add in the Presto Deliveryman's Mediterranean appearance, the omission of an actual name as you note, and his 'I'm just the messenger' quip and I'm all ArsenioHallThingsThatMakeYouGoHMMMM.jpg over here.
And yeah; I'm happy with the series as is and agree that despite how much we've all gone overboard with speculation at everything it's all still hella-fun and I hope F&WS gives us as much meat to chew on. I love bullshitting with my fellow geeks, lol.
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:54 am

Credits are interupted.
A cabin out in the middle of the woods, our hero is inside, sitting in a cross legged position as they begin to master their destructive power, their eyes glow unnaturally.

Straight up just copied the Incredible Hulk.

I liked it but I was expecting something a little more. What was Haywards motivation? I thought he wanted Vision for himself, but once he got that he immediately pitted him against the two most powerful beings on the planet and lost him. What a maroon.
I thought he had something more going on. Maybe he was involved with the letter in Wandas car. Someone being responsible for that could being to explain why the neighbour happened to have a freaky witch basement already.

Quicksilver was clearly the same from the Fox verse. His characterization was right in line with how Evans portrayed him in those films. Sure they never clearly tied it in, but ignoring the continuity of the Fox films is the most FOX-men thing they could possibly do. :wink:
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:44 am

Just watched it again. Man, the third act hits me right in the feels.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:51 am

Just watched it with my family. It does hit the feels.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:17 am

Spoiler! :
The moment Vision shed a tear I really couldn't hold myself back.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 am

Spoiler! :
There have been sad moments in the MCU, but episode 8 and 9, personally, hold some of the most heart wrenching instances. Maybe it is because I got attached to Vision and Wanda's story from Civil War and this gave it so much more room to develop and breathe. Throughout all the Marvel movies, I feel like there's been a sheet of superhero production glossiness keeping deaths and teary moments from really doubling down. But with this series, they went in deep.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099

Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:21 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 am
Spoiler! :
There have been sad moments in the MCU, but episode 8 and 9, personally, hold some of the most heart wrenching instances. Maybe it is because I got attached to Vision and Wanda's story from Civil War and this gave it so much more room to develop and breathe. Throughout all the Marvel movies, I feel like there's been a sheet of superhero production glossiness keeping deaths and teary moments from really doubling down. But with this series, they went in deep.
Spoiler! :
I mean to be honest Endgame really was probably the only film in the series to have legit tear-jerking moments. Widow's sacrifice and Tony's death are obvious ones. Seeing Steve finally be a peace with Peggy. The on your left moment made me cry just out of the sheer satisfaction of seeing the pay-off of 10 years following the films. Heck I feel the deleted scene where the heroes all slowly take a knee to honor Tony's sacrifice would have made his passing even more emotional.

But that said yeah, there hasn't really been any other notable emotional moments that didn't have that layer of tension or suspense to balance it out. The emotional moments in this series didn't have that so stuff like Vis and Wanda's first interaction, "I can't feel you...", their goodbye moment, all hit very differently cause it's purely running on emotion itself.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:07 am

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:17 am
Spoiler! :
The moment Vision shed a tear I really couldn't hold myself back.
Spoiler! :
Even an Android can cry
cry.jpg
cry.jpg (251.4 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:03 am

Maximoff wrote:
Spoiler! :
Except he’s Ralph Bohner resident of west view who had a charmed necklace to control him and give him his powers.

Spoiler! :
Except Ralph Bohner should have been his hex persona. Everything in the hex was altered to fit Wanda's reality. Monica freed him from Agatha's spell, but not Wanda's. Plus the hex was in effect before Agatha showed up. So, Ralph can't be his real name.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:43 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Except Ralph Bohner should have been his hex persona. Everything in the hex was altered to fit Wanda's reality. Monica freed him from Agatha's spell, but not Wanda's. Plus the hex was in effect before Agatha showed up. So, Ralph can't be his real name.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Spoiler! :
The spell over all the residents was lifted by that time. And Agatha would have lifted it putting her spell on.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:43 am

I really liked the final episode. This entire series has made me appreciate Paul Bettany even more, and he was definitely the stand out star to me in this episode.

I took all of the rumors surrounding this show with copious grains of salt, and was glad I did. Almost all of that talk turned out to be a bunch of BS. Pretty much all of it. There were so many persistent rumors for this show that have been around since they started shooting the thing, I'm not sure I'll ever believe another MCU Insider "scoop" ever again.

The only thing I really found disappointing was:
Spoiler! :
The Ralph Bohner reveal. It just made no sense for them to cast Evan Peters in that role and have the whole thing just be a coincidence. It's one of those things that I'm sure sounded good to someone on paper as the series was being conceived as a fun little "nod," but in the end it just felt like cheap fan trolling. He should have been the Pietro from the Fox X-Verse, or they should have just cast someone else. Knowing that the MCU is headed in the " multiverse" direction and not delivering on that was a real let-down.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:49 am

Also everything with Hayward sucked. When he tries to shoot Wanda kids, I just laughed. He's a typical cartoon mustache twirling villain who goes to jail in the end at this point. It's like writers realized he's not really bad and wrote stupid "shooting kids" scene to show the audience he's really eViL. And Wanda did much worse things than Hayward.
Prophet924 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:06 pm
Wanda agreed with you Aleks and said as much.
This is not enough.

Wanda: I enslaved and tortured an entire town and now I’m going to leave without ANY consequences.
Monica: I would have brought my mom back so youre good.
Wanda: Sorry for the pain I caused. OK Bye.

Return to “The Multiplex”