WandaVision - Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: WandaVision - Disney+ Series

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:46 am

Its been confirmed that there was a bunch of stuff that was cut from the series due to covid shutting things down. Things that would have led to more satisfying resolutions and character arcs. It makes sense because as the series went on, while Instill liked it, it seems like a lot of plot points just fell to the side.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:10 pm

I'd have rather they cut things like more Monica powers/screentime, Fietro, the Twins, big battle with a demon bunny, as long as it meant they could preserve the Wanda and Vision relationship and moments, because that's what needed to be the focus and I felt they absolutely nailed it.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:40 pm

Wanda's behavior is essentially that of a drug addict here. She fell into despair and gave into an indulgence that blotted out that despair while becoming a burden on those around her. I dunno if any of y'all know any addicts but there's rarely a single moment or incident that causes them to drop the addiction because of the harm it's doing to innocents. Her behavior of gradually accepting her reality is falling apart around her and trying to ignore it while holding on to the indulgence is the most realistic thing about the whole show, imho.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:42 pm

I don't see the show absolving her from guilt or any wrong doing. It's purposefully left open to interpretation.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Aleks wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:17 am
We saw Wanda didn't know it was torture for them and she was remorseful and gave it all up for them.
She didn't know or did she know but didn't want to admit it? Whether she meant to or not, she willingly continued to do so after Vision told her that it causes the residents immense pain. They showed you how bad it was for other people, and then she just does it to Agatha...again.

I'm sure that if you were in the same situation, you wouldn't care about her "mental breakdown", you would immediately want to return to your "shitty, rundown town". Anyway...she will most likely read something bad in this book and other things will happen.
She was in denial when vision told her. She believed she could fix it and keep the fantasy going. Agatha is a bad guy who manipulated her. Wanda has had enough people using her. She got what she deserved. Townspeople were innocent so she will always feel guilt.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:43 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Aleks wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:17 am
We saw Wanda didn't know it was torture for them and she was remorseful and gave it all up for them.
She didn't know or did she know but didn't want to admit it? Whether she meant to or not, she willingly continued to do so after Vision told her that it causes the residents immense pain. They showed you how bad it was for other people, and then she just does it to Agatha...again.

I'm sure that if you were in the same situation, you wouldn't care about her "mental breakdown", you would immediately want to return to your "shitty, rundown town". Anyway...she will most likely read something bad in this book and other things will happen.
She was in denial when vision told her. She believed she could fix it and keep the fantasy going. Agatha is a bad guy who manipulated her. Wanda has had enough people using her. She got what she deserved. Townspeople were innocent so she will always feel guilt.
Agree that Agatha got what she deserved. Love Kathryn Hahn and wouldn't mind seeing her return, but I have zero sympathy for what Wanda did to Agatha.

Still weird to me that they made Agatha a villain since I'm so used to her being a good guy in the comics. It's one of the things that, as much as I love the MCU, I struggle with sometimes: when they throw out the established actual character and just do whatever they want with it. It's easily forgivable because they've done such a great job with the overall franchise, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me sometimes. I just accept the MCU as a separate "universe" where familiar things may be different than what I'm used to. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see Agatha again, they try to redeem her, like Loki.

An Agatha/Loki team-up could be a lot of fun.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:37 am

Falling Downer wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Aleks wrote: She didn't know or did she know but didn't want to admit it? Whether she meant to or not, she willingly continued to do so after Vision told her that it causes the residents immense pain. They showed you how bad it was for other people, and then she just does it to Agatha...again.

Agree that Agatha got what she deserved. Love Kathryn Hahn and wouldn't mind seeing her return, but I have zero sympathy for what Wanda did to Agatha.

Still weird to me that they made Agatha a villain since I'm so used to her being a good guy in the comics. It's one of the things that, as much as I love the MCU, I struggle with sometimes: when they throw out the established actual character and just do whatever they want with it. It's easily forgivable because they've done such a great job with the overall franchise, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me sometimes. I just accept the MCU as a separate "universe" where familiar things may be different than what I'm used to. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see Agatha again, they try to redeem her, like Loki.

An Agatha/Loki team-up could be a lot of fun.
I think we could see some redemption for Agatha. The way they ended it I’m sure is intentional. Put her in a hold, see how fans like her, open to bringing her back if they have a place for her. And being locked in your own head might help with the power quest she was on. Time to chill out. She learned she’s not going to more powerful than Wanda and accepted her loss. She might decide to do something else once she is freed. She was power hungry and manipulative, but she seemed to have a level head.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:09 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:42 pm
I don't see the show absolving her from guilt or any wrong doing. It's purposefully left open to interpretation.
In addition to the fact that Kevin Feige outright stated that this is the end of the show - not the end of the character, and that we'll see the consequences of what she's done later. You know.. the same 'this will play into what happens next' situation that the entire MCU is based on but somehow everyone is continually upset because each new show or movie doesn't satisfactorily tie up every single issue it introduces.

"I want a giant sweeping movie universe where all the characters interact and we can experience huge, multi-character storylines and events. But I also want each movie and show to be a stand-alone product."
Prophet924
Thwipp!

WandaVision - Disney+ Series

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Is that so hard a thing to ask for?

Personally if the story fits in the serial okay but I don’t need it to have to fit.

Watching the making of special gives me even more appreciation for this show. I loved every second of the show and seeing the care taken to make it was awesome.

Well almost every second. I loathe the poor taste joke. Evan Peters was fantastic. I still do not get the decision to call him Ralph Bohner. I echo the sentiment right back at that jack wagon who decided to do that.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SuperSoldier
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Is that so hard a thing to ask for?

Thwipp!

Ask the people behind the Fox X-men franchise. :lol:
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:41 am

Prophet924 wrote:
I still do not get the decision to call him Ralph Bohner. I echo the sentiment right back at that jack wagon who decided to do that.

Thwipp!

It's been explained by the director multiple times that Ralph was a reference to the friend of the oldest son on "Growing Pains" who's nickname was Boner. The director got his acting start on a spin off from that show, and also acted on that show later. It's another of the many sitcom in-jokes sprinkled throughout the show.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:23 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:41 am
Prophet924 wrote:
I still do not get the decision to call him Ralph Bohner. I echo the sentiment right back at that jack wagon who decided to do that.

Thwipp!

It's been explained by the director multiple times that Ralph was a reference to the friend of the oldest son on "Growing Pains" who's nickname was Boner. The director got his acting start on a spin off from that show, and also acted on that show later. It's another of the many sitcom in-jokes sprinkled throughout the show.
First I've heard this. I like this explanation
But then again, I'm didn't have my world destroyed by the joke either
Child_of_the_90's
HULK SMASH!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:07 am

The problem I have with the Ralph thing is that all we see of the real Ralph in him just saying "please don't hurt me" and then nothing. The cut scenes would have been nice to at least see his character for a bit. It's oddly jarring that he just disappears after the reveal.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:39 pm

I'm still holding out hope he turns out to be more. Witches are known for marrying the Devil.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm

I've got to say this really irritates me:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marve ... #gs.0hvv01

I get the want to avoid the " here's the white guy, 'Let me show you how power works" trope but, in this case, it makes complete sense for the Sorcerer Supreme to be monitoring a significant magic anomaly happening right in his own backyard. I think most people, if they weren't outright expecting Strange to show up, would completely accept why it makes sense that he would.

I do hope that Westview is acknowledged and some sort of explanation as to what Strange was doing is presented in the Multiverse of Madness.

Return to “The Multiplex”