the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Andron X
I come from the land up over
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Disney+ Series

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:08 pm

So what is wrong with Isiahs super serum?
There has to be some imperfection with it, or else they wouldn't have still been struggling to recreate the serum years later, leading to guys like Banner or Blonsky.
If they perfected it decades ago, you'd think the US would already have armies of super soldiers.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:52 pm

When it comes to the Flag-Smashers I wonder...
Spoiler! :
I think their deal with the Powerbroker is that them doing what they're doing is breaking whatever deal they made when getting their enhanced abilities. In the comics the whole point was getting these people powered up to profit off of sport, like wrestling. I'm assuming they had struck an agreement when giving them their powers, Karli and the others she rallied went back on that agreement and now they're being hunted down as a result.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:04 pm

I'd gotten out of weekly comics by the time he came on but what if Isaiah's son is Blue Marvel? He started in the 50s and went out of time to come back to the present, right?

In the comics, Isaiah suffered some mental impairment from the Serum; which doesn't seem to be the case here but maybe the Serum caused him anger issues (hmm, kinda like the Hulk, no?) and the government had to close down what turned into the Angry Black Man project.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:00 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:04 pm
I'd gotten out of weekly comics by the time he came on but what if Isaiah's son is Blue Marvel? He started in the 50s and went out of time to come back to the present, right?

In the comics, Isaiah suffered some mental impairment from the Serum; which doesn't seem to be the case here but maybe the Serum caused him anger issues (hmm, kinda like the Hulk, no?) and the government had to close down what turned into the Angry Black Man project.
If they make his son blue marvel, I think lots of fans, including me, would be pretty upset. Blue Marvel is fighting in his prime in the 50s before the fantastic four, if I recall correctly
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:33 pm

That also wouldn't fit the potential set-up they have for Eli as Isaiah's grandson.

In the comics he becomes Patriot of the Young Avengers. Which would make sense here given their connection to the Super Soldier program. A sudden gap by shoe-horning Blue Marvel in there as a Superman-esque character would be notably inconsistent. I'd rather BM be his own character.

Plus lumping all of marvel's notably historical "Face of America" black superheroes into one family tree seems really short-sighted to me. Keep them separate and plentiful, not locked to one line.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:24 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:33 pm
Plus lumping all of marvel's notably historical "Face of America" black superheroes into one family tree seems really short-sighted to me. Keep them separate and plentiful, not locked to one line.
That is a really good point, mate; thank you for pointing it out to me. I accidentally stumbled into the 'all black folks know each other, right?' fallacy.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Ep. 3
Spoiler! :
Oh, ok, turns out Zemo is a baron. That's a cute and harmless retcon.

FInally seeing Madripoor in the MCU was awesome, and the fact that the city looked so cyberpunkish, straight out of Akira with those bikers, was a cool touch. Sharon's role was also interesting, and very brutal in the fight, her last scene definitely sets up at least one more appearance of her in the coming episodes.

Loved the spy movie vibes of this episode.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:02 pm

another good episode, although i didn't think the action scenes were quite as good as the ones in the previous 2 episodes.
Spoiler! :

- Zemo adds a fun dynamic to the already good buddy comedy antics of Sam and Bucky; Bucky is just not that into Marvin Gaye.

- man, Sharon is pretty harsh. kinda wonder if she's maybe flipped to the bad side and has ambitions to become the next power broker rather than getting pardoned. at a minimum she seems to have a hidden agenda

-plenty of gunplay in this episode after largely avoiding having our heroes use guns in the first two.

- AYO!!!! lol i wonder if that Dora Milaje figure is about to go up in value
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:02 pm
another good episode, although i didn't think the action scenes were quite as good as the ones in the previous 2 episodes.
Spoiler! :

- man, Sharon is pretty harsh. kinda wonder if she's maybe flipped to the bad side and has ambitions to become the next power broker rather than getting pardoned. at a minimum she seems to have a hidden agenda
Agreed, liked this episode.
Spoiler! :
Maybe Sharon already is the Power Broker? Or she isn't really on the lam at this point but undercover? Second option more likely.

Wonder who the Power Broker will be...

Karli going more violent - her actual character or signs of the serum pushing people to a less in control/more violent place, like occurred with Isiah possibly?

Sign to Wolverine's favorite establishment, The Princess Bar, makes a brief appearance.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:57 pm

fac wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Agreed, liked this episode.
Spoiler! :
Maybe Sharon already is the Power Broker? Or she isn't really on the lam at this point but undercover? Second option more likely.

Wonder who the Power Broker will be...

Karli going more violent - her actual character or signs of the serum pushing people to a less in control/more violent place, like occurred with Isiah possibly?

Sign to Wolverine's favorite establishment, The Princess Bar, makes a brief appearance.
Spoiler! :
yes, after taking pains in episode 2 to try to portray Karli and John Walker as having noble intentions, this ep saw both of them show their darker side (particularly Karli). Very dark episode overall - our heroes forced to join forces with Zemo, Bucky having to act like the Winter Soldier after trying to get away from that version of himself.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:10 pm

Spoiler! :
Retconning zemo into a baron was interesting, just the way he said it so off handedly was a little meh, and i'd question them not mentioning that royal status at all in civil war, they made it out like he was just some regular guy. That said him being wealthy would explain how he was able to do everything he did, just interesting way to get him back to his comic title. Curious what the importance of the mask is to him, if they'll mention heinrich (this is helmut right? they only call him zemo) or some history to him.

Sharon seems suspish, she's just so bland and boring looking that i can't take her seriously as a illegal art dealer working in the black market criminal world or something, i don't see people taking her seriously, i think the being an undercover thing makes sense even if its a complete repeat of winter soldier. If she's the power broker i feel like i'd be disappointed, just not very interesting.

I expect john to break down after he realizes he can't compete without being a super soldier and go to the power broker for the serum. There's gotta be more somewhere.

Curious what the dora is doing, i mean tchalla chose not to kill zemo and to give him to the government. He made a conscious decision to not be consumed by vengeance and kill him so to send his guard after him now that he's escaped, i hope its not to just kill him. When i saw the beads i kinda hoped for shuri but ah well. Obviously i'm making assumptions based on the idea tchalla is still around since they haven't announced what they are doing in BP2 now that chadwick is gone.

Also liked the mention that buckys notebook was steves, that makes it even more important.
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:10 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:10 pm
Spoiler! :
Sharon seems suspish, she's just so bland and boring looking....

Curious what the dora is doing, i mean tchalla chose not to kill zemo and to give him to the government. He made a conscious decision to not be consumed by vengeance and kill him so to send his guard after him now that he's escaped, i hope its not to just kill him. When i saw the beads i kinda hoped for shuri but ah well. Obviously i'm making assumptions based on the idea tchalla is still around since they haven't announced what they are doing in BP2 now that chadwick is gone.
Spoiler! :
How dare you sir disparage Sharon! :shock: :twisted: Pistols at dawn.

I do wonder if Bucky is as fully independent as he seems? Zemo implied that a bit, and maybe the Dora keep a leash on him?
fac
Avengers Assemble

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:38 am

Zemo mentions that Sokovia has been more or less split up/absorbed by the surrounding countries. This may play to my theory that Sokovia eventually becomes known as Latveria when they get around to introducing Dr Doom, as he fills in the power vacuum that the issues in Sokovia caused.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:19 am

I swear I did a double take when the show said they were in Latvia and I had to think for a minute and finally realized it wasn't Latveria.

I dunno if they'd newly establish it though, dooms supposed to have a long family history with the country so it should be a pre existing small but maybe somewhat unknown place.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:25 am

Magnuz wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:19 am
I swear I did a double take when the show said they were in Latvia and I had to think for a minute and finally realized it wasn't Latveria.

I dunno if they'd newly establish it though, dooms supposed to have a long family history with the country so it should be a pre existing small but maybe somewhat unknown place.
I did the same, and was hoping they'd mention Latveria at some point.

Great episode, really like the characters and filling in a little more of the MCU with each episode

Return to “The Multiplex”