the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Disney+ Series

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:30 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 am
heinousjoe wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:51 pm
sepster wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:13 pm
I have never seen anything other than fan speculation/hope regarding Thunderbolts. As far as I can recall, there has never been anything linked or leaked from an actual source that points towards that. Josh Wilding over at comicbookmovie is always bringing up stuff "that may point" to Thunderbolts and I always roll my eyes because nothing ever comes of his "clues."
Set pics from FatWS had
Spoiler! :
a woman with pink hair suspended from wires like she was flying.
Spoiler! :
Pink came to the set to perform. It definitely wasn't songbird.
Oh nice, It might be a better cameo than Macy Grey in Spiderman 2!
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm

heinousjoe wrote:
heinousjoe wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:51 pm

Set pics from FatWS had
Spoiler! :
a woman with pink hair suspended from wires like she was flying.
Spoiler! :
I was actually joking. I was kinda playing off of sepster saying there was nothing as far as rumors go and just speculation.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:51 pm

I thought that the speculation for Songbird turned out to be Karli Morgentheua?
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm
heinousjoe wrote:
Spoiler! :
I was actually joking.
So was I
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 pm

I went back and looked at those set leaks...looks like it was the John Walker football interview set. So unless there’s another high school football game, the person with the pink Mohawk was probably crew.
Benedict
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Hm, the wires look like they were just for the camera work when it follows Walker running to the stage.
Benedict
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:28 am

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:56 am

Benedict wrote:They released the Zemo cut!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNavu0UHUQ ... x29nuz4lfo
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 am

Clip of the year!
Bashbash99
CROM!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:29 pm

enjoyed episode 4
Spoiler! :
a lot of predictable developments, but that didn't really bother me too much.

the fight with the dora was probably the highlight for me. It was a fun surprise that Ayo was able to detach Bucky's arm, but it certainly makes sense that the wakandans would've built that in. was hoping for evidence of a Bucky/Ayo romance but didn't really get that vibe from what we saw.

i also enjoyed both of the fights with the flagsmashers. despite the predictability of John going overboard, the final image with the shield covered in blood was pretty powerful.

originally i was thinking Sharon was merely vying to become the next 'power broker' but this ep makes me lean more towards Sharon being the power broker herself- feels like if it were someone else we would've had a glimpse of them by now. Will Disney really allow her to become a full-fledged villain? I feel like the dynamic duo will be able to get her to switch back to the good side - but depending on what atrocities/crimes she's already done, she may be making some sort of noble sacrifice to end her life on a good note. otoh if there's anybody who knows about 'breaking good' after a villainous past, it's Bucky.

if they don't plan on killing sharon off, a reveal of Sharon being the big bad would be a good cliffhanger to end the season on. otherwise it feels like they have an awful lot to cover with only 2 eps left.

Alas, poor Battlestar R.I.P. - we never even got to see the logo he drew on autographs
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm

Moving along nicely I think.
Spoiler! :
I like that Zemo knew how to go to the kids as a former father. And that he is essentially only beholden to his mission of feeling that all super-powered people makes things worse. I suspected he was going to betray that and take the serum for hinself.

Doing a good job of showing that Sam has the same general beliefs as Steve did, and is the right person for the job.

Poor Battlestar was only a few weeks from retirement most likely.

I like the way that Karli is becoming more radicalized, for lack of a better term, as the cycle of violence continues. That's the problem with fighting over power - in the end someone still has power to exert their view of how things should be.

So it sounds like the post-snap world was "borderless" - that's an interesting result given how the world when in economic/geopolitical distress tends to become more insular/nationalistic and protective of what they have. The post-snap world is a little vague, which is OK, but more and more I kind of wish we had seen a film or two set in the MCU that was post-snap, pre-return. Would have been gutsy for the MCU to wait a couple of years between IW and Endgame as if the snap was permanent.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:34 pm

What an episode
Spoiler! :
What they've done with John this episode was perfect because a friend of mine was sure they were going to make him into a typical mustache-twirling villain after the previous one.

You could tell Walker isn't an evil character and this episode pushed that. His actions are driven by a huge combination of things. His past traumas on the frontlines. Living up to expectations as America's new symbol. Not getting the respect he thought he'd get as the new Cap, getting constantly outdone by others in battle now that he has the shield and not being taken seriously or acknowledged. Lemar's death was literally the breaking point for all that. He was the one who helped keep his anger and stress balanced. And what happens? Karli kills him. Now Walker is enraged and no longer has that balance with him.

He wants to do the right thing. He's trying hard to do the right thing. But nothing has been going in his favor and the mounting stress and anger finally caused him to snap here.

That final shot of him with the bloodied shield with the music swell in the background was haunting.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:12 pm

My main take away:
Spoiler! :
What is the government going to do with walker now that he's publicly executed someone with the shield. I know you can write off killing people in a fight as casualties of war on terrorists, but a public execution with the shield with all those people filming and taking pictures, surely they'll strip him of the shield and title, which in his state would make him more crazy.

Glad to see him suped up now though, i want to see more fights now that he's powered. Interesting that the new serum is so easy to use, wonder if it'll come back up, i mean zemo smashed alot, and walker found one, but was that all of them, is that the end of it... who knows.
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:27 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:12 pm
My main take away:
Spoiler! :
What is the government going to do with walker now that he's publicly executed someone with the shield. I know you can write off killing people in a fight as casualties of war on terrorists, but a public execution with the shield with all those people filming and taking pictures, surely they'll strip him of the shield and title, which in his state would make him more crazy.
I think:
Spoiler! :
That is exactly what will happen, Walker will be stripped but I hope he becomes USAgent to redeem himself, not a bad guy. Sam will prove himself as worthy (or come to the realization he already is) by resolving the Flag Smasher situation and Zemo and become Captain America - and make the point that Captain America is about hope and the promise of America, not America's dominance or might or status quo.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:46 pm

Wait, when did we see him take it? Last I saw he put it in his thigh pocket and the dead guy was all rage, no 'juice'.

Return to “The Multiplex”