the Eternals - MCU Movie

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: the Eternals - MCU Movie

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:44 am

I dont know for sure about the movie, but despite his matching outfit its assumed Eros isn't an eternal like the rest. They literally say brother of thanos so I'm assuming he's still from titan and is either some born eternal from ones who left arishem or he did so himself.

It's confusing to say the least, I feel like either arishem isn't as all powerful as assumed or there's alot of eternal groups out there and maybe many have left his service.

It doesn't explain why he can magically summon the ones on earth still bit the ones on the ship get ignored. Problems with these cosmic stories and within this movie itself once you start digging past the pretty face stuff starts to fall apart story and plot wise.

Honestly my interest in Eros would be showing us eternal outside arishems control and obviously bringing back thanos via flashback or something.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:26 am

If anyone enjoys Honest Trailers, they just did Eternals and I laughed. Their observations almost always feel lovingly pointed and accurate.

"Stark Kent" and "This Wasn't In the Script, Angelina Jolie Genuinely Doesn't Know How a Toaster Works" also made me chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EskNsLql-VI
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:38 pm

I don't really understand people constantly bickering about them "not helping against Thanos thing". How exactly were they supposed to know about Thanos? The movie clearly shows you the team is pretty sleepy and dormant waiting to be called home. They, like the rest of the public, saw a few reports about aliens in NYC again and that maybe some of the heroes appeared to have followed them into space. The Avengers don't have a press conference about "hey there's this guy named Thanos who wants these space stones you see". Nobody knows what's going on besides the Avengers & their allies we see them tell. The Eternals are not on that list of allies. People act like the characters in the film should be acting on the information the film has shared with us the audience. The characters aren't omniscient.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:21 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:38 pm
I don't really understand people constantly bickering about them "not helping against Thanos thing". How exactly were they supposed to know about Thanos? The movie clearly shows you the team is pretty sleepy and dormant waiting to be called home. They, like the rest of the public, saw a few reports about aliens in NYC again and that maybe some of the heroes appeared to have followed them into space. The Avengers don't have a press conference about "hey there's this guy named Thanos who wants these space stones you see". Nobody knows what's going on besides the Avengers & their allies we see them tell. The Eternals are not on that list of allies. People act like the characters in the film should be acting on the information the film has shared with us the audience. The characters aren't omniscient.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:12 pm

ON THE OTHER HAND, Thanos is now confirmed to have been 'one of their own' with his brother tracking after him. They'll need to come up with a reason why Arishem wouldn't know about one of his own creations thwarting his entire reproductive mechanism for his entire species throughout the universe. The issue wasn't really a problem as explained above *until* they made it one with the Starfox scene, imho.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

Sounds like the plan for the sequel, at least during production for The Eternals...
Spoiler! :
Was to have Thanos appear at least in flashbacks, and possibly show what he and Eros went through on Titan. The writers also hinted to Galactus being involved, and how Titan appeared in Infinity War kinda looked like a planet that had been drained and decimated by Galactus.

They also would be interesting as more biological Eternals, perhaps an earlier version that rebelled against Arishem leading to the synthetic ones shown in the first movie.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

the Eternals - MCU Movie

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:18 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:Sounds like the plan for the sequel, at least during production for The Eternals...
Spoiler! :
Was to have Thanos appear at least in flashbacks, and possibly show what he and Eros went through on Titan. The writers also hinted to Galactus being involved, and how Titan appeared in Infinity War kinda looked like a planet that had been drained and decimated by Galactus.

They also would be interesting as more biological Eternals, perhaps an earlier version that rebelled against Arishem leading to the synthetic ones shown in the first movie.
Sorry, not commenting on spoilers at this point.

A lot unpack with how Thanos Do we know Thanos wasn’t biological? Eternals showed some battle scars fighting each other. I’d say the case could be made for Thanos “adopting” Gamora and Nebula could have been because the natural of robotic Eternals means they couldn’t have children. Thanos could be native to Titan, and Eros could have taken to him as a brother. etc.

There’s a lot of potential for them to explain a lot of things away with little effort.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:39 pm

True, the biological aspect isn't one I'm hung up on at all. I know Thanos was called the "son of A'lars", but Gamora was called "daughter of Thanos" in the same breath so...
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:20 am

Well the celestials say they lost control of the deviants so they too, as powerful as they are, aren’t all knowing and all capable. Seems organic life is something they lose control of hence the Eternal synthezoids or whatever they are. Either way. Potential for story. Seems free will of their creations isn’t something the Celestials can prevent.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:14 pm

Last guy in the world to see this probably, but for someone who really wasn't expecting a lot from this movie I actually liked it quite a bit.

That's not to say I'm still not bitter that this didn't feel very kirby-like.

And that the first 20 mins or so I started to get a Syfy channel movie vibe(yes that's a bad thing).

And all the questions it raises, of which I immediately thought - I'll let the whole story play out and we don't have all the answers yet.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:37 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:14 pm
Last guy in the world to see this probably...
I got you beat.

I was prepared to not care at all for this film and ended up liking well enough. Don't love or hate it, but it was entertaining. It's differences from the rest of Marvel was a breath of fresh air. Kro's fight made no sense at the end since he knew what they knew so there was absolutely no reason for him to even be involved. That's probably what bugged me most. I'd probably give it a 2nd watch in distant future. If they did a sequel I'd likely wait to watch for free again unless they were introducing something from the comics I really cared about.

Return to “The Multiplex”