Official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Marvel Cinematic Universe thread

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:57 pm

I don't know her but she's blonde so why not.

One of my friends' off the wall casting for Reed was Adam Scott and part of me still loves that idea.
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:51 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:43 pm
Even though John Krasinski is the most popular choice for Reed Richards, I'd be really excited if Dan Stevens was cast in the role. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1405398/

He's already voicing Kro in Eternals. Perhaps Jodie Comer as Sue Storms.

Whatever untapped talented actors that are trending. Marvel draws in some top tier talent.
Not to be negative, but I REALLY would prefer it not be Krasinski (or him and Blunt for Reed/Sue). I've never been a big fan. Don't hate him, but don't like him enough to want him in a Marvel film.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:56 pm

At this point, I'll be utterly shocked if he and Blunt are cast as Reed and Sue. I'm sure they have their own ideas on who it should be.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:09 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:

One of my friends' off the wall casting for Reed was Adam Scott and part of me still loves that idea.
She's the chick from "Killing Eve" , and recently starred in "Free Guy" and now "The Last Duel" Hollywood seems to be trying to push her forward. Inevitable she'll be cast in a Comicbook movie.
Ru_1977 wrote:
At this point, I'll be utterly shocked if he and Blunt are cast as Reed and Sue. I'm sure they have their own ideas on who it should be.
I think Blunt may appear in Doctor Strange MOM as a cameo, along with Tom Cruise and other 'almost cast' actors in the MCU... playing variants. We'll see. It may be a Matt Damon-like joke cameo.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:18 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

She's the chick from "Killing Eve" , and recently starred in "Free Guy" and now "The Last Duel" Hollywood seems to be trying to push her forward. Inevitable she'll be cast in a Comicbook movie.
Ah thank you. I haven't seen Killing Eve but did see most of Free Guy. I'm sure she's fine and talented etc but after stuff like the diversity of Eternals and Echo now getting her own show, I'm having trouble getting too hyped about another white chick.
K_Steel wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
I think Blunt may appear in Doctor Strange MOM as a cameo, along with Tom Cruise and other 'almost cast' actors in the MCU... playing variants. We'll see. It may be a Matt Damon-like joke cameo.
And that would be great. And fanboys will demand action figures of them anyway.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:40 pm

I think Blunt isn’t crazy about doing a super hero flick. Krazinski sounds like he’s down so that’s good. I’m rooting for krazinski for reed honestly. I think it would be great. While a real life married couple playing one of marvel’s most famous married couples sounds great, I wouldn’t hold out too much hope unless krazinski can talk blunt into it.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:43 pm

The diversity of Eternals makes sense contextually. They came to Earth 7000 years ago, and were tasked with infiltrating and blending in with various civilizations across the globe. Obviously there would have to be Eternals that could blend into Europe, the Middle East, the Orient, Africa etc. amidst the primitive human societies.

The only weird part is I hope Makkari doesn't use ASL to communicate. That wouldn't make sense. And I hope those on Earth thousands of years ago aren't speaking modern-day English. That would be universe-breaking levels of silly.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 am

I take it you haven't seen the latest footage in that behind the scenes thing they put out then?
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:50 am

They put out so many things. I can't recall. Did they mention the languages there?

Ideally the Eternals should be speaking their own language 7000 years ago or having translation devices. And Makari having her own sign system, not ASL.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:57 am

They show her signing but I'm unfamiliar so can't so for sure if it is or isn't ASL. I would assume so though, since that would be something for members of the audience who know it and that seems more like something Marvel would do than creating their own sign language.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:34 am

It would work if she was doing ASL in the present-day scenes, but it would be really bizarre if she was doing it 7000 years ago.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:49 am

K_Steel wrote:
It would work if she was doing ASL in the present-day scenes, but it would be really bizarre if she was doing it 7000 years ago.
It appears she is doing it 7000 years ago.

...maybe she introduces it to humanity.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
K_Steel wrote:
It appears she is doing it 7000 years ago.

...maybe she introduces it to humanity.
Wouldn't it have to be French or whichever country started it first?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:41 pm

I am ignorant about sign language, didn't write the movie and haven't seen the movie so probably should bow out at this point. But I'm not expecting hyper historical accuracy from this. I get how that may bother some but... Eh.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:57 am
They show her signing but I'm unfamiliar so can't so for sure if it is or isn't ASL. I would assume so though, since that would be something for members of the audience who know it and that seems more like something Marvel would do than creating their own sign language.
Marvel created their own language for Malekith and Kurse in The Dark World. I wouldn't put it past them to create their own simplified sign language

Return to “The Multiplex”