Last Series You Binged

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Last Series You Binged

Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:32 pm

And I've caught up with Young Justice. The follow-up bit with Wally was a lot more impactful than some superhero cartoon should be capable of achieving. I still need to digest the overall plotlines and probably watch it again as many times I have the first two seasons for any real commentary beyond 'I liked it'. I had thought the third season was meant to be a wrap-up finale season but I'm pleased to see it ended promising a lot more if it gets another season. I'm down for it.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:01 am

The latest episode of His Dark Materials; when Paola asked Dr. Mary for a hug, my heart melted and my eyes teared up. Those poor girls all alone just tore me up. Angelica is all: "Can you stay with us?...You can make us have baths and tell us what to do and we'll do it."

Just.... Damn! I'm becoming an old softie.

B.T.W., The girl who plays Angelica is the badass girl from Game of Thrones.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:51 pm

Been watching Cobra Kai S3. I'd forgotten how much i liked this show during its long delay between seasons. halfway thru season 3 now, and it is as fun as ever. Kinda surprised this show doesn't get more attention from media but i guess netflix' "drop all episodes at once" approach doesn't lend itself to media doing reviews of episodes.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 pm

I also just finished Cobra Kai S3 a couple of days ago. In fact I binge watched the first two seasons for the first time a couple of weeks back so I did not have to wait long for Season 3. I've been aware of the show but never got around to watching any of it so I'm glad to have finally watched it all so far. Great show with even better character development. Lots of nostalgia in there to the point it made me remember how things were in my life back in the 80's several times.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:05 pm

I recently went back to Black Sails as I had trouble getting into it at the time when it was new. A lot of characters to establish and some don't really fully round out and get their depth until end of the first season or start of the second, and one or two I never warm to, but a few i can't get enough of so it's hitting a good groove now I'm almost half way through the four season run.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:15 am

Just finished Cobra Kai I binged seasons two and three. What a ride!

Honestly I remember liking the first movie back in the day. I saw two, three, and Next Karate kid movies. I don’t remember them as fondly. But I love how this show has integrated characters from the films and these new kids.

I love the Miguel character. So season two and three were quite a ride. It almost felt a little too shock value only as opposed to character development. Almost. I just like that dude way too much.

The other kids are pretty cool too. Hawk had an interesting journey. Johnny’s son which I forget his name is just messed with and messed with. Tori is another it’s easy to dislike. I wanted Sam to give her what’s what in that final episode.

It’s definitely exaggerated. It’s definitely a bit cheesy. It’s got the spirit of the film mixed in with a little 90s teen drama. The fighting is a mixed bag. At times the choreography is sharp and at times it looks like bad shadow boxing.

The adults are interesting too. Other than the school administration. What a joke! The villain is delicious and man do you hate that guy. I really enjoy the flash backs showing his story. You can see how his decisions of showing Mercy ended up creating the monster he becomes.

Johnny is wonderfully flawed. His method of teaching is definitely not to be emulated. It’s those times when he tells his students not to tell their parents you both cringe and cheer. Man I feel guilty for doing so. QUIET! Move the barrel or you get stuck! That actor really draws you in.

Daniel-son even gets character development as a father, businessman, and sensei. I’m really enjoying as he passes on what Miyagi invested into him. Loved that episode when he went back to Okinawa. Wonderful use of call back to further his story.

I’m digging the ride the writers are taking me. Seeing the various film actors come to play an important part in this story is fun. I don’t think they are overused or badly used. Elizabeth Shue’s episode was on point. Beautiful. Again Okinawa was fantastic too! Surely pony tail baddie has to be coming. Will they give Hilary Swank too?

I’ll enjoy watching these three seasons again before they deliver the fourth and has to be final season. I suppose they could draw it out. But it looks like this will be it. Surely. Great little series!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdrienVeidt

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm caught up with the latest ep of The Expanse and I've realized I missed an entire season somehow. I'm thinking I gotta quit letting people piggyback my account as it screws up *my* shows, dammit.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:12 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:06 pm
I'm caught up with the latest ep of The Expanse and I've realized I missed an entire season somehow. I'm thinking I gotta quit letting people piggyback my account as it screws up *my* shows, dammit.
I watched a recap of season 4 before starting the current one and am glad i did because i had completely forgotten everything that happened despite having watched it. prior to viewing the recap the last thing i remembered was the finale of S3 when all the portals opened at the end.

Guess that's gonna be an issue when i binge a season in a week and then the next season doesn't come out until a year (or more) later. The weird part is that S4 was reasonably good, too, but despite that i had no recollection of it until the recap jogged my memories. oh well, getting old has its drawbacks i suppose
AdrienVeidt

Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:12 pm
the last thing i remembered was the finale of S3 when all the portals opened at the end.
Wait, how many seasons have I missed if the last thing I remember is the asteroid with Tom Jane suddenly steering itself non-Newtonianly?

Maybe I gotta quit watching my scifi while customizing.
Mac10
I wish I had super powers

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:46 am

Just finished seasons 1- 4 of Banshee, liked it more than I thought I would.
badguy543
CROM!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:52 am

Completed Futurama, currently Always in Sunny in Philadelphia
badguy543
CROM!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:59 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:15 am
Just finished Cobra Kai I binged seasons two and three. What a ride!

Honestly I remember liking the first movie back in the day. I saw two, three, and Next Karate kid movies. I don’t remember them as fondly. But I love how this show has integrated characters from the films and these new kids.

I love the Miguel character. So season two and three were quite a ride. It almost felt a little too shock value only as opposed to character development. Almost. I just like that dude way too much.

The other kids are pretty cool too. Hawk had an interesting journey. Johnny’s son which I forget his name is just messed with and messed with. Tori is another it’s easy to dislike. I wanted Sam to give her what’s what in that final episode.

It’s definitely exaggerated. It’s definitely a bit cheesy. It’s got the spirit of the film mixed in with a little 90s teen drama. The fighting is a mixed bag. At times the choreography is sharp and at times it looks like bad shadow boxing.

The adults are interesting too. Other than the school administration. What a joke! The villain is delicious and man do you hate that guy. I really enjoy the flash backs showing his story. You can see how his decisions of showing Mercy ended up creating the monster he becomes.

Johnny is wonderfully flawed. His method of teaching is definitely not to be emulated. It’s those times when he tells his students not to tell their parents you both cringe and cheer. Man I feel guilty for doing so. QUIET! Move the barrel or you get stuck! That actor really draws you in.

Daniel-son even gets character development as a father, businessman, and sensei. I’m really enjoying as he passes on what Miyagi invested into him. Loved that episode when he went back to Okinawa. Wonderful use of call back to further his story.

I’m digging the ride the writers are taking me. Seeing the various film actors come to play an important part in this story is fun. I don’t think they are overused or badly used. Elizabeth Shue’s episode was on point. Beautiful. Again Okinawa was fantastic too! Surely pony tail baddie has to be coming. Will they give Hilary Swank too?

I’ll enjoy watching these three seasons again before they deliver the fourth and has to be final season. I suppose they could draw it out. But it looks like this will be it. Surely. Great little series!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I watched the free episodes on Youtube when this was on Youtube Red but I gotta pick this one back up. Being a typical 80's kid and growing up on the original movies I was really impressed with the role reversal thing. This show is well done all around.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 am

Went through watching all of Season 1 of Buffy. Though it's flawed & clearly on a low budget, I enjoy it.
I do wish they'd make updated figures of the characters based on Seasons 1-3 in 1/12 scale.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:07 am

The Flight Attendant. I actually loved this series. Kaley was totally not Penny. The entire cast was great, and it was a well done series. Damn sure better be a 2nd season.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:37 am

I think I'm the last person on earth to watch Stranger Things, but I just went through all three seasons over the past week and a half or so. Despite the overwhelming mountain of hype and publicity I had managed to stay mostly oblivious to most of the goings-on of the show outside of basic plot elements. Anyway, I liked it a lot and am looking forward to season 4, which I wish was already out so I could just keep going.

Return to “The Multiplex”