Last Series You Binged

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Last Series You Binged

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Well, going to try and restart this thread.

Binging Rules of Engagement with Puddy, Spade, and the gang. It is funny at times, other times... not so much. So many sexual jokes - can be way too heavy-handed at times, but I still enjoy the show overall. Liz is my favorite character in the later seasons.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Last Series You Binged

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:07 am

Street Food

Its a food Docu-series and Wow it is awesome. they showcase Street food from all over the world. if you watch it thou prepare to become hungry lol
Showing on Netflix, i recommend it. Especially episode 5 - Colombia ;)
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:29 pm

I've been binging Cursed on Netflix. It is.... not great.
I keep watching because I find the spin they've put on the Arthurian mythos pretty interesting. From the perspective of someone that just loves fantasy, mythology, and folklore... there's some REALLY great ideas here. Like.. really great. And the acting is quite good (for what the actors are given to work with). But practically every other aspect of the show is quite bad. The pacing. The costume design. The perception of what different eras look like. That this show doesn't even seem to actually -know- what century it's set in. The choreography. Just... basically everything beyond the actors' performances and the general ideas behind the show are pretty bad. Which is really unfortunate because I was SO excited for this one.
Lobster Johnson
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The good Lobster is in the Lodge, and he can't leave

Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 am

Watched the entire run of Twin Peaks over the past couple months, one of my favorite viewing experiences I've ever had. The original series is great (there are some slow bits in Season 2, but it course-corrects so well by the end), Fire Walk With Me is a masterpiece and one of the most terrifying films ever made, and The Return is [email protected]#$ transcendent. Absolutely one of the best things I've ever seen.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 am

Watched "Warrior Nun" , better than I went in expecting. Could have used a touch more action.

Even though I'm a pretty big anime fan, I'd never watched the original animes Robotech is based on, so I started "Genesis Climber Mospeda" Robotech The New Generation is what came from it. Can't believe I never took the time to get into it, despite numerous viewings of the '80s North American cartoon.
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 am

Umbrella Academy S2

I enjoyed it. I thought the second season was pretty much on par with the first. A little less exciting because we know (a lot but not all) of the backstory. Still, I enjoy the characters and the world they inhabit. It was definitely worth the time to sit and watch.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Gravity Falls on Disney Plus is the best show in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:42 am

Lobster Johnson wrote:
Watched the entire run of Twin Peaks over the past couple months, one of my favorite viewing experiences I've ever had. The original series is great (there are some slow bits in Season 2, but it course-corrects so well by the end), Fire Walk With Me is a masterpiece and one of the most terrifying films ever made, and The Return is [email protected]#$ transcendent. Absolutely one of the best things I've ever seen.
I'm glad you appreciate the unique awesomeness of Twin Peaks. High-five to you, Mr. Lobster. There's definitely more than a few of us out there, but we're spread far and wide. I rarely meet die-hard fans in person, but when I do I know it always leads to a great converation.

Twin Peaks changed TV forever. It was nothing short of revolutionary at the time. Before TP, such inventive bizarre surreal awkward cryptic tragicomic weirdness was unthinkable to put on air. TP, love it or hate it, was a massive Thumb's Up and Green Light for new writers to go increasingly ape-shit with creative weird stuff. While Frost and Lynch certainly didn't invent Weird and Cryptic, we can thank them for making it okay to be mainstream. Most new memorable cable shows that are "out there" can trace a bit of DNA and inspiration back to TP.

I have a huge respect for creators trying to make unique worlds and mythologies. Twin Peaks is one of the best I've ever come across. Super-creative stuff. And of course it's made manifest by all those well-acted, super weird, sometimes terrifying, and heart-felt characters. Some are so absurd or almost inexplicable that they cannot be forgotten. Not to mention the astounding visuals and sound-effects and music that gave such a vibe to the whole thing.

Hail to the denizens of the Black Lodge. I too want all my garmonbozia.

Lobster, this one is for you - the unedited clip from TP: FWWM, above the convenience store, where they're holding a meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3mdI8oWEk
Lobster Johnson
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: The good Lobster is in the Lodge, and he can't leave

Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:45 am

Dormammu wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:42 am
Lobster Johnson wrote:
I'm glad you appreciate the unique awesomeness of Twin Peaks. High-five to you, Mr. Lobster. There's definitely more than a few of us out there, but we're spread far and wide. I rarely meet die-hard fans in person, but when I do I know it always leads to a great converation.

Twin Peaks changed TV forever. It was nothing short of revolutionary at the time. Before TP, such inventive bizarre surreal awkward cryptic tragicomic weirdness was unthinkable to put on air. TP, love it or hate it, was a massive Thumb's Up and Green Light for new writers to go increasingly ape-shit with creative weird stuff. While Frost and Lynch certainly didn't invent Weird and Cryptic, we can thank them for making it okay to be mainstream. Most new memorable cable shows that are "out there" can trace a bit of DNA and inspiration back to TP.

I have a huge respect for creators trying to make unique worlds and mythologies. Twin Peaks is one of the best I've ever come across. Super-creative stuff. And of course it's made manifest by all those well-acted, super weird, sometimes terrifying, and heart-felt characters. Some are so absurd or almost inexplicable that they cannot be forgotten. Not to mention the astounding visuals and sound-effects and music that gave such a vibe to the whole thing.

Hail to the denizens of the Black Lodge. I too want all my garmonbozia.

Lobster, this one is for you - the unedited clip from TP: FWWM, above the convenience store, where they're holding a meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3mdI8oWEk
Ive been glad to find other Twin Peaks fans around the internet, because I can't think of anyone I know IRL who would probably like anything past the original run of the show. It certainly is one of the most interesting and evocative worlds I've come across, I'm both horrified by it and I want to live there.

Love that Missing Pieces clip! Unnerving as hell. I watched The Missing Pieces the day after FWWM about a month ago, so it's kind of blended into one big movie in my head.

Honestly I miss having new episodes to watch. Having a new hour of Twin Peaks to look forward to every night, especially during The Return, was great. But I've pretty much constantly thought about it since I finished it.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Junkpile wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 am
Umbrella Academy S2

I enjoyed it. I thought the second season was pretty much on par with the first. A little less exciting because we know (a lot but not all) of the backstory. Still, I enjoy the characters and the world they inhabit. It was definitely worth the time to sit and watch.
I dug it as well. I really liked Lila in the beginning when she was batshiat bonkers; and liked her less
Spoiler! :
seeing her under her mom's thumb and am back to wanting to see her out causing a ruckus independently in S3

Aidan Gallagher as Five is dead-perfect and easily my favorite character in the show.

The music choices are REALLY good, too. I don't always actually like the particular song but they're perfect for the scenes. I busted out laughing when 'Dancing with Myself' started up.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:37 pm

I also finished up The Expanse, and I'll need to re-watch it all again once the new season dropped. I missed too many details while destroying toys.
johnnyy
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Has anyone watched 'Wanted'? Netflix just recommended it to me and I see it's 7.7 on IMDb, which is quite a good sign.
johnnyy
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Finished Season 2 of What We Do In The Shadows, I find all the main characters charismatic in their own way, which is unusual for me (normally I have some characters I love, and some I hate). Good stuff!
Bashbash99
CROM!

Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Started watching "Teenage Bounty Hunters" and am finding it a fun show. Kadeem harrison keeps cracking me up... i'm not sure i've seen him in anything since A Different World but i'm probably wrong. Anyhow, show sort of has a Buffy the vampire slayer vibe imo, but without the supernatural elements.

Finished Umbrella Academy S2, enjoyed it more than the 1st season.

I had ditched HBO after Westworld S1 finished, so spent last week finally getting around to watching S2 and starting S3. The show is not as deep as it likes to pretend to be imo and sometimes seems to like to be confusing for its own sake, but still an enjoyable watch overall (at least S2, jury is still out on S3)
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:22 am

For the last few days I just watched multiple uploads of Don West from Home Shopping Network selling baseball, football, golf cards, and beanie babies on youtube. Set in the 90's this man bellowed and hollered his way through every program to sell stuff that probably isn't worth anything of significance today. However just listening to this guy talk is certainly entertaining. I've heard it becomes 10x more entertaining listening to this guy if you are under the influnece of certain subtances. The guy can sell dirt and make it fun to watch.

Gem. Mint. Ten!!
Our lines are backed up!!
For this night only.......
There are only 5 of these autographed cards in existence, we have 8 of them tonight!!!
If you can't afford it, make sure you put it on stretch pay!!
Kenny, what we are doing is unbelievable!!!

Return to “The Multiplex”