Official "Last movie you watched" thread

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Ted
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official "Last movie you watched" thread

Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Bad Boy Bubby, what a film. It's a bit older, but this is an Aussie classic imo. It starts out pretty dark, but it rewards patience and understanding if you last the entirety of the film. Some things may be a bit far-fetched as well, but it doesn't diminish the film in any way far as I was concerned. It tells the story of a neglected man-child who escapes his abusive (putting it lightly) mother and finds himself in a confusing, dangerous and exciting world full of sex, crime, rock n roll and pizza. Who will survive and what will be left of them? Wrong movie? And it's oh so quotable. "[email protected]#$ you, God! Strike me down if you dare. Angel be beautiful. God be a useless #%!^!" Can't believe it took me this long to watch it.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:20 pm

I quite enjoyed all four of the Blumhouse horror flicks on Prime lately: Evil Eye, Nocturne, The Lie, and Black Box. No splatter gore, but a whole lot of tension throughout them all. The Lie is probably the best of the lot.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:07 pm

Borat 2 - There were a few moments that were interesting but it lacks the insight of the original interview shorts from the Ali G Show, I just don’t think long format feature films really suit this character or Bruno.

Also rewatched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for the first time since I saw it at the cinema when released. It all looks very fake, like everything was shot on sound stages or built digitally which I didn’t really remark upon the first time but really stood out this time. That aside the script is awful, they barely explore Indy and Marion’s relationship as anything more than a quick 2-step of they bicker and then get back together again, and it’s all incredibly shallow. And boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:51 am

Exorcist III.
Heard good things about it, saw reviews, in the end checked it out & enjoyed it.
It's so visually striking, if you like the original, I'd watch this one too, as it's from the same author to the original & it's sequel book this is based on.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Storm of the Vale wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:51 am
Exorcist III.
Heard good things about it, saw reviews, in the end checked it out & enjoyed it.
It's so visually striking, if you like the original, I'd watch this one too, as it's from the same author to the original & it's sequel book this is based on.
One of the best jump scares ever filmed.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:48 pm

We streamed Fatman this weekend. Trailer

My wife live-tweeted her review. Spoilers below:
Spoiler! :
It is very very bad. I would recommend any consciousness altering substances you have at your disposal.

There was a first act, but I was bored.

The us military made all the elves cut the bells off their shoes! The military cannot use hammers! Santa is very strong and can be shot nbd also lift big crates. The elves only have numbers as identification. They are free and happy! They do not have names. They do not need names! Many elves are dead. They do not reuse the numbers. THEY ARE HAPPY.

Also the assassin has a gerbil. He come with. Santa is a Ho Ho Ho for the military. He is unwilling but he needs the money. The assassin got burned with cigarettes as a child. He is buying a toy from a child at a gas station. They were menthols. Image

Despite this, he seems to have a caring relationship with the gerbil. The military is body shaming the elves. The military is going to turn them into super soldiers. Is my guess. SANTA IS NOT VEGAN DOES NOT LIKE VEGAN.

There is an evil child. No one likes the child. Not even his dad. Is it because he’s evil? Or is he evil because no one likes him? (Questions for the sequel?)

Assassin is killing all the military. They are bad at being army guys because they all died immediately. Why do we have a $740,000,000,000 military budget?? Oh my god I can’t even tell you things any more... This was the steaming pile of a movie 2020 deserved.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Watched Doctor Sleep the other night. For those not in the know, it's the sequel to The Shining. Yeah... tough act to follow, right? On paper I would say down right impossible to not do something that I would want to snub on principle.

Honestly, I thought it was fantastic. I don't watch very many movies in a given year, even fewer new ones, but I'm glad I caught this one. Very striking visuals, competently filmed, and tastefully done considering how iconic every last aspect of the actors from the first movie are. At times that stakes seemed low, and a few things were hand-waved away with convenient explanations, but otherwise the script drew me in. The direction it headed off to in regards to villains had me wondering what the hell they were even thinking given the plot of The Shining, but before long I was invested in the way they were treating the antagonist threat and welcomed it into the mix.

Did it need to be made? Not really. But it's great to see a perspective on an under developed character like Danny, explore the fallout of the first movie's actions, and build in lore for a movie that was in many ways baffling and interpretive albeit masterfully done.

Ewan McGregor was nothing short of his usual greatness in the lead role, and the young actress that played a big role handled it really well throughout. There were moments where some characters felt detached or low-reactive to scenes and actions that were unfolding around them, but when you imagine how they see the world I suppose their reactions being stifled can make sense. That's my biggest critique, honestly.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 pm

“We Need to Talk About Kevin” - Why isn’t Ezra Miller playing Green Arrow?
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:50 am

Mulan remake.

Charmless, plodding incoherent and vapid.

I’m proud to have used a free trial subscription and watched it after the premium rental period so that I didn’t give them a single penny for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Bloodshot was more interesting than I expected and CG was decent. The tunnel scene was refreshingly shot.

Hope they continue the Valiant Universe. Love to see Shadowman and the Gold Key characters at some point.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Caught The Take on NF, with Heimdall and Robb Stark and enjoyed it more than I would've figured. There's some good straight man/funny man synergy between them should they work together again.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:28 am

Just finished Wonder Woman. Was not expecting to feel so 'meh' about it, honestly.
BDCdiesel
Dremel Samurai

Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:34 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Just finished Wonder Woman. Was not expecting to feel so 'meh' about it, honestly.
Really?!? I kind of enjoyed it, we are watching part 2 tonight, but the wife hasn't seen part 1, so she is watching it first.
thor333us
CROM!

Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:38 am

Yeah it was just okay, second half better than the first.
Spoiler! :
Was that reused music from the movie Sunshine when she first flew?

edit
downgraded to bad with second viewing
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:58 am

BDCdiesel wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:
Really?!? I kind of enjoyed it, we are watching part 2 tonight, but the wife hasn't seen part 1, so she is watching it first.
Sorry - I'm specifically talking about '84. Should have said I just finished the -new- Wonder Woman. I loved the first one.

thor333us wrote: Yeah it was just okay, second half better than the first.
Spoiler! :
Was that reused music from the movie Sunshine when she first flew?
Honestly not sure. Maybe...?
And yeah, the second half was better, but still kind of riddled with logic and pacing problems.

Return to “The Multiplex”