Thunderbolts - MCU Movie (2024)

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Thunderbolts - MCU Movie (2024)

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:48 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:09 am
Something I realized with scheduling... Daredevil Born Again is coming in Spring, so we don't know exactly when... But New World Order will probably be released around the midpoint of the DD season, and Thunderbolts after the finale. So I wonder if Kingpin and/or Bullseye aren't involved in Thunderbolts too.
Yes sir. I said the same thing here. I would not be at all surprised if Bullseye shows up in Thunderbolts.

Another possibility for Bullseye is some kind of Dark Avengers team. Benjamin "Dex" Poindexter would make an excellent Dark Hawkeye. Whoever becomes the MCU version of Venom might be involved in that team, too.

The next three years are going to be interesting.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:49 am

I would really love both of those characters being their Dark Avengers selves in Thunderbolts or whatever. I would enjoy if they let Gargan be Venom, and give Michael Mando more to play with than he got in Homecoming.
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:34 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:49 am
I would really love both of those characters being their Dark Avengers selves in Thunderbolts or whatever. I would enjoy if they let Gargan be Venom, and give Michael Mando more to play with than he got in Homecoming.
Excellent suggestion!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:52 am

I wonder if there is any way to use Spider-man villains in the MCU without Sony's involvement if they aren't used as Spider-Man villains. For instance, Iron Patriot.

Gargan... either way you cut it, he's a Spider-Man villain, but could the Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts iteration be in any grey area at all? I know it's almost definitely no but I hope, heh.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:07 pm

Now there's a rumor a villain, if not THE villain, for this will be
Spoiler! :
Sentry.

I saw jokes that 'apparently their first movie is also their last', but I could see a team of characters with various mental illnesses and severe trauma being able to empathize with someone like Sentry and talk him down in the end. I know a lot of people want lots of punching and action for their final act, but Dr. Strange's defeat of Dormammu in his first movie still ranks as one of the MCU's greatest villain defeats for me just because it was so different.
Could definitely be untrue but I'm open to the idea if it's really happening.
Spoiler! :
Could also explain why Red Hulk suddenly feels necessary to Ross.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:43 pm

That would make me more excited about this for sure.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:09 pm

Same here. Not someone I expected to ever really show up on screen.
Spoiler! :
But even if they never form the Dark Avengers in the MCU (and if they ever do, I know it won't be the original comic lineup, and I'm fine with that), I still hope to collect movie versions of the characters. I want Moonstone disguised as Brie Larson, Ares, (presumably) Wilson Bethel in a Hawkeye costume, and a non-Rhodey Iron Patriot, etc. So I'm excited just as a collector, but also really interested to see how they handle the character on screen. There are a surprising amount of aspects to Sentry.
KolobosRexx
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:16 pm

...Maaaannn... I would Totally be Down for the Sentry in the MCU! I'd go for Dan Stevens! But I also read that it could be Hyperion!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:01 pm

KolobosRexx wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:16 pm
...Maaaannn... I would Totally be Down for the Sentry in the MCU! I'd go for Dan Stevens! But I also read that it could be Hyperion!
Right, I think the initial "leak" was "an evil superman type", and I don't know if the names being floated have any weight or are just solid guesses. I know a Squadron Supreme project was also rumoredto be in the works.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:23 am

I don’t know….

I never really liked that character in Marvel. It’s too on the nose about comics in general. That character is allegory. Autobots v Decepticons. GI Joe v Cobra. Good v Evil. Just in one man.

They are going to do whatever they are going to do and I’ll watch it. I’m just not excited about having a one punch man in the MCU.

I want to see Thunderbolts. I want to see the struggle of redemption.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:53 pm

I never warmed up to Sentry after the hoax of his intro. That shiat just left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm glad the character is gone and almost-entirely forgotten.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:24 pm

I appreciate not knowing about that until after I'd read the entire Dark Avengers run. My opinion of the character is completely based on that book.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:55 pm

I love Sentry. But I’m not sure how he works without some super heavy hitters to fight. You need people like Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Ares, Blue Marvel, Ultron, etc.

The rumor about this MCU Thunderbolts lineup would make it so that they are not at all competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:13 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:55 pm
I love Sentry. But I’m not sure how he works without some super heavy hitters to fight. You need people like Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Ares, Blue Marvel, Ultron, etc.

The rumor about this MCU Thunderbolts lineup would make it so that they are not at all competitive.
Agreed. Wether it’s Sentry, or even Count Nefaria, this apparent team of Thunderbolts are outclassed. It begs the question, is Marvel misleading the audience again? (like substituting Hulk for Hulkbuster IM in promos, and trailers). Perhaps we could see Abomination, Skaar, or Hercules in the MCU Thunderbolts line up.

Return to “The Multiplex”