She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:35 am

I wasn’t gonna say it but I did think it. Play the long game of the boyfriend and wait for the time of the month.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:46 am

... I could actually see them doing that and turning it into a statement somehow. If nothing else, there's bodily autonomy.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm

I don't chime in on MCU threads very often, but I had to drop by here. I love this show. It's been my favorite MCU thing since Loki. What a total delight.

The cast is excellent. I think I'd only seen Maslany in Perry Mason. She's incredibly charming here. I dreaded watching What If, Moon Knight, and Ms. Marvel. This is the exact opposite. It's light fare that goes down easy. I look forward to watching it every week.

Based on who I vibe with on the forum, I'm not surprised by who does and does not like this show. Except TFitz. The show's good, man.

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:00 am
Another natural part of the human condition? Defecation. When are they gonna show us how more of these characters go to the bathroom?

/s

I don't really care. There's a lot of stuff people do I don't need to witness. The damp, deep, and dirty is among them.

Apologies for replying to this five months after the fact. The sexlessness of modern blockbusters sucks. It goes hand-in-hand with stripping big-budget movies of any nuance and bending over backwards to please Chinese censors. Movies are literally my favorite thing. The quality films we got in the '90s are unrecognizable today for all these reasons and many more.

yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:05 pm
"She-Hulk scene solves they mystery of Captain America's virginity----And the answer is absolutely canon".

This is why I hate the internet. No real fan was EVER concerned about this.

Again, sorry for responding to this four months late. The excellent podcast Binge Mode did deep dives on a few major movies, TV shows, and books, and the MCU was one of them. One of the jokes they pondered was when Steve Rogers lost his virginity. It's very likely that one of the writers heard that and made it canon. Very fun for fans of the podcast.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:16 pm

I forgot I said that, heh.

I really don't like to see myself as a prude but still don't need to witness a lot of 'private' moments. Leading right up to, conveying yes it happened, is plenty to me. The parts in Jessica Jones with Luke were great though since it actually had impact. It wasn't just a love scene but a character window. Reaching back but one of the best ones for me is Terminator. Spoiler but they have a love scene and not only is it a beautiful scene, but a major plot point. The before, during, and after for that scene all have impact for both characters, a major turning point for the plot as well even if you don't quite know fully until the end. But if the point of a sexy night is just the aftermath, I still think it's fine for them to shuffle past and get to the plot part.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:29 pm

She-Hulk doesn't have periods. She has exclamation points.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:42 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:29 pm
She-Hulk doesn't have periods. She has exclamation points.
Man I hope the writers thought of that joke.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:17 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:16 pm
I forgot I said that, heh.

I really don't like to see myself as a prude but still don't need to witness a lot of 'private' moments. Leading right up to, conveying yes it happened, is plenty to me. The parts in Jessica Jones with Luke were great though since it actually had impact. It wasn't just a love scene but a character window. Reaching back but one of the best ones for me is Terminator. Spoiler but they have a love scene and not only is it a beautiful scene, but a major plot point. The before, during, and after for that scene all have impact for both characters, a major turning point for the plot as well even if you don't quite know fully until the end. But if the point of a sexy night is just the aftermath, I still think it's fine for them to shuffle past and get to the plot part.

Ha. I actually meant to reference Terminator (partially in reference to the sex) and Minority Report (not in reference to the sex) in my post, but I guess I forgot to add them.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Yeah it still stands out to me as the best love scene.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:53 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:56 am
Loved the episode and love the show, but one thing in this one bothers me a bit and I think I just have to go with it because of “the plot”.

I’m not quite sure how josh got her blood. We would have to believe someone wouldn’t wake up to getting pricked by a needle in their sleep. And hulks basically work like defense mechanisms. Banner’s “I put a bullet in my mouth and the big guy spit it out.” Jen in Jen form took a punch to the face from Titania and flew across the deck. Would break anyone else’s face so there had to be some she hulk protection there even if she didn’t turn right then. I’d imagine a needle prick would alert some response. But the plot demands getting her blood somehow so I guess we go with it.
We see in the very same episode that alcohol futzes with her concentration to turn - and there hasn't been any indication that Jen is triggered by the same fear/anger that Bruce is aside from her very first transformation - so the obvious inference is that she was passed out drunk from their date and thus didn't TF when jabbed.

That doesn't even qualify as a No-Prize answer it's so obvious, imho.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:21 pm

Simple, clean, done. Thank you for pointing that out.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:46 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm

The cast is excellent. I think I'd only seen Maslany in Perry Mason. She's incredibly charming here. I dreaded watching What If, Moon Knight, and Ms. Marvel. This is the exact opposite. It's light fare that goes down easy. I look forward to watching it every week.

Based on who I vibe with on the forum, I'm not surprised by who does and does not like this show. Except TFitz. The show's good, man.
I still can't say I like it, but the last episode was much better imo. All the D- villains put a big smile on my face. I definitely enjoyed that.

As for Tatiana Maslany, watch Orphan Black. Female clones of her all with different personalities. She is awesome in it. The latter seasons quality of storytelling went down, but at least watch the first and probably 2nd season.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:58 pm

Second Orphan Black season 1 being pretty great.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Agreed on Orphan Black. Tats is almost being wasted on just playing two 'characters' here.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:37 am

Spoiler! :
God, how can Charlie Cox be so charming all the damn time when he's on screen? Always love the Marvel classic superheroes fighting each other because of a misunderstanding. I'm liking DD's mask this time around, I feel like its design is much better than on Netflix. I'm so happy that his appearance in the show is much longer than the once scene we saw in trailers, I was kinda worried that'd be it at the very end of the last episode. Liking the romcom angle between the two leads. The yellow costume works quite well but I really hope that they'll redesign his suit entirelly for Born Again. Hallway fight! Subverted. That walk of shame. "This episode already came to a very satisfying conclusion. Trust me" *grin* And those Reddit bros at the end.
Such a freaking good episode of television.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:20 pm

This was the best episode so far, I squealed when "he" walked in. Everything was so well done; I couldn't stop smiling.

Return to “The Multiplex”