The Batman

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Batman

Tue May 03, 2022 11:06 pm

I’m wondering if they’re open to changing the look, since it wasn’t officially in the film. I’d also like a less scarred Joker. Between Nolan and Gotham, I’m ready for a regular look. Maybe they wanted to stay away from too plain because of Joaquin Phoenix? Or didn’t feel like explaining why he looks normal-ish in Arkham?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 05, 2022 1:45 pm

Thought the film was just passable. I didn't have any expectations since everyone who saw it before me said it was just OK, and I have to agree with them. Had a lot of nitpicks, some could be forgivable with repeated viewings, but I don't think I'll be sitting through it again anytime soon, if at all.

I'm most disappointed in Matt Reeves after the excellent work he did with the "Apes" films.
YinzerToyGuy
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon May 09, 2022 12:17 pm

I feel like I watched a different movie than everyone else.

I like Batman. He's not my favorite, but I like him.

I live the Keaton films. I can tolerate Batman Forever. I like the first two Nolan films A LOT. I ADORE Batman: The Animated Series.

And....I thought this movie was terrible. I mean, I hated it, hard. Yeah, I can't believe I wasted three hours on that. I've heard online that The Batman was good and Dr. Strange is bad.. no. Just no. The Batman was horrible. The Riddler was tolerable, but I can't say I liked him. Catwoman was awful and there was no chemistry between her and Batman at all. Bruce wasn't even a character in this. Batman was ineffectual. Alfred was...there. Jim Gordon was...also there. The best part was the one minute of the Joker in Arkham.

Ugh ..Thanks, I hate it.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:34 am

Just saw The Batman for the 8th time...............So is anyone not gonna mention the song from Nirvana - 'Something in the way' in the film?
that was a awesome surprise, i started to scream. it was perfect for that scene. Im a big Nirvana fan so i was freaking out !!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:05 am

Apparently the Penguin show is just the beginning.
Matt Reeves is looking to expand his Batman universe with films focused on all sorts of villains. Article mentions Scarecrow, Clayface, and Professor Pyg.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235243030/
Bunch of other DC news there too.

This sounds great to me. His rogues gallery is so rich, they should have their own film- and a villain film without a hero, is a horror film (these ones in this world especially . All with the possibility that one day, Pattinsons Batman maybe actually show up and beat the shit out of them.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:33 am

Sounds great to me. Im intrigued. (As long as they aren’t like sony movies)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:23 pm

Take all this news about new projects with a grain of salt.

I think all this information was released this week to make the DC Cinematic brand seem stable, amidst Black Adam's box office launch.

WB does this from time to time. Sony does this all the time.

Return to “The Multiplex”

Recent Topics