She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:54 pm

enjoyed the ep overall. The b plots in these eps could certainly be better imo but Ginger Gonzaga pretty much single-handedly makes them entertaining to watch.

I agree that the cgi seemed a little better this ep

I've come around on the mcu take on Titania after not being thrilled initially with the idea of the character as glamazon influencer.
Spoiler! :
well at least we finally got a somewhat extended fight between She-Hulk and Titania, even though it felt a bit lopsided. I'm hoping whatever individual is trying to get ahold of blood samples (Presumably the Leader) will create a foe that is more of a physical match for Jen, altho i realize brawls aren't really the main focus of this show

I think the Mister Immortal bit would have worked better for me if the guy at least took a few hours to come back to life rather than reviving in like 30 seconds. also doesn't he still feel pain? diving out the window of a skyscraper seems like a lot of hurt to go thru just to get away from the gabbing lawyers (altho i guess if they had played that up for humor a bit more i might've bought it).

I think the humor overall works for me, but i can definitely understand why it might fall flat for others. Again i feel like the whole B plot could've had the dialogue punched up a bit and they could've explored the situation a bit more imaginitively and the same is true for the fashion designer subplot last ep. but let's all recognize that it is the 1st season. Yes there are sitcoms that were smash hits right out of the gate but for many imo it takes a season or even two for them to really get going. Even some of the all-time great ones like Seinfeld and Simpsons i find S1 is tough to watch compared to how great i find the later seasons
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:54 pm
Spoiler! :
I'm hoping whatever individual is trying to get ahold of blood samples (Presumably the Leader) will create a foe that is more of a physical match for Jen
Spoiler! :
Red She-Hulk? Could Betty Ross be making her long awaited return?
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:40 pm
TFitz wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:18 pm
I may stay out of this thread so I don't downer all of you. That's not my goal. I just need to vent a bit.
I appreciate the thought. I get the need to express your feelings though, and also totally get the "I've seen all of it so far, can't stop now" mentality but when there is SO much content coming, I do think it's okay to skip the ones we aren't into, especially if you're outright hating it. Maybe just watch a youtube recap or something so you aren't missing any possible canon necessities?
Eh, It's just 30 minutes of "torture". If had to deal with much worse from past women in my life. :lol:
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:16 pm

It was just fine. Wish the fight scene had more destruction.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:54 am

I liked this episode. My only real complaint has been echoed by others already:
Spoiler! :
Mr. Immortal's whole shtick in this episode doesn't make sense if he revives -immediately-. Who would think he actually died if he 'dies' and then gets up and walks away? Makes no sense.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:58 am

Ice…Ice caused Titania to slip and get a black eye, busted lip, and maybe a chipped tooth…

Not She-Hulk clocking her in the face?

Ok.

Come on! Where’s a good fight? Where’s these two ladies hashing out their rivalry? With good writing they could have given both of these women depth. Even in a fight you could see Jenn become more sure of herself and really push Titania to reveal her beef. Why are they rivals? They are both missing the layers Shrek and Fiona had. They were animated cartoons with more personality and story in the 90 min film than She Hulk has in nearly what three hours of story.

It’s funny to me that all the women in this show are trying their best to perfect the comedic timing of the OG Madisynn and fail miserably. Are women only funny when they are drunk? Seems to be the point this show is making.

Mr. Immortal was odd and a bit funny. Funnier with the lekkus. His whole I’ll just die instead of dealing with confrontation. Sad. But he’s a nice guy…What a punk! He has a kid with a woman but instead of dealing with his own superficialness he just disappears. What a punk!

Men and women are just shown in an awful light other than Nikki and the great lawyer. Balanced characters. Actually Pug, Nikki, and man I can’t remember her name, Malory! Yes the amazing lawyer woman all are good. Everyone else on this show are a cartoon characters with no layers.

I guess Jen has layers. I don’t know. Kind of ready for her not to be so understated. I did like her popping Titania. I also like the Titania sucker punch…maybe they are saving the real knock down fight with whomever the Intelligencia are wanting to create with Jen’s blood.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Mr. Immortal kinda reminded me of my dad. He jumped out of more than one moving car to end an argument with my mom.

I get the motivation to populate this show with extreme and ridiculous characters. Watching a sitcom full of realistic people isn't interesting. And I would never have expected a serious, blockbusting throw down at the wedding. This isn't 2008's The Incredible Hulk, it's more like Marvel's courtroom version of The Office. Action sequences are played for laughs. Maybe they'll pull a WandaVision and have the finale revert back to the typical formula, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for any other episodes to suddenly stop being a sitcom.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:18 pm

You are right. It’s a sitcom with pretty simple characters.

I’m still watching but I can hope for more whit. I enjoyed Chuck and it was pretty dumb at times. It was also pretty dramatic too. I guess I just wanted more from confrontation.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:26 pm

I'm so glad I'm not online as much as I use to be. Reddit and YouTube would have me believe this show is trash and the MCU as we know it is over. Meanwhile I'm over here like, "Damn, is She-Hulk the best MCU show yet?" I legit think it is.

Also I am in love with Tatiana Maslany. She is amazing in the role.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 pm

I agree. She does so many fun little touches with her performance.

Also, am I mistaken or is Lulu Marvel's first character portrayed by a trans person?
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:48 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 pm
I agree. She does so many fun little touches with her performance.

Also, am I mistaken or is Lulu Marvel's first character portrayed by a trans person?

If we're counting the Netflix shows Jessica Jones had a trans assistant in Season 3.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:56 pm

Ah ha, I admit I never got around to season 3.
kitik
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:50 pm

Her cousin the dj was funny.
"Wedding fight!"
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:15 pm

That's a mark of a good DJ, rolling with the vibe of the celebration and having just the right music to put under it.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:42 pm

I rewatched some What We Do In The Shadows last night and was thinking how, aside from the much more adult content/language, that show is similar to She Hulk in that it's a comedy first. The Jackie Daytona episode has some 'action' scenes but you don't watch that show for great vampire stories or horror stuff, much like She-Hulk isn't about superheroics and superpowered fight scenes.

Return to “The Multiplex”