She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:40 pm

It seems to be on par with ruffalo's version of banner, but in the body of the hulk so i think its fine. I don't think he's going to be a major part, with the training being like one episode and then he's gone the rest of the series.

Blonksy being on trial, i wonder if his work with wong shown in shang chi was some sort of rehabilitation program and shang chi is working with the government to help hence him being in this show now.

I knew roth was in this as a human i just wasn't ready to see him 'abom' out freely, i prefer abomination who's permanently stuck as abomination, its part of the character imo.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:31 pm

Loved the trailers for this show! Looks like a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:07 am

I'm so excited for this show, I just want the figure already!

Hopefully we end up with figures of Walters, Banner, Blonsky, Abomination, Titania, Daredevil, and Frog-Man.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 am

Great first episode. Loved Jen and her humor, she looked perfect as Shulkie, Bruce was great and it was just insane to watch two casually dressed Hulks having a conversation. I expect to see quite a few commnets that she's better than Bruce* because she's a girl and complaining about her fighting toxic masculinity. So the usual internet BS.

*cause she can throw a boulder further or destroy more of the island, which we've seen in the trailers, yet with no udnerstanding that she did those things because she doesn't have the same control over her abilities that he has
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 am

Episode 1 was really fun. Tatiana Maslany is pulling the role off well so far and seeing Bruce get to have fun was delightful.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Spoiler! :
I LOVED how you could tell this was Bruce's Hulk house before she went down to the basement, the scaled up set looked great.
Strong start just like Ms.Marvel, keep it up!
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm

I didn't just like this episode, I LOVED it!! They completely nailed the feel of her Byrne era comics. It was everything I hoped for and more. My only 2 criticism is it was too short and I still didn't like Titania's look.

STAY FOR THE AFTER ARTWORK CREDITS!!
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm

Good start, I am a Tatiana fan and she was great, liked the limited 4th wall breaking as that was a thing in her comic if I recall, and worked well here. Nice to get a little Bruce backstory as well in terms of his time during the blip - actually like having a decent amount of time with the Ruffalo Banner given he hasn't had a solo film, so his character is probably the least developed of the main team. Thought it was pretty clear that Jen is not as powerful as Bruce.

I'll be curious if it stays in more of the "amusing" mode or if they try for more jokes per se - it didn't seem like they were trying for the sitcom mode that some suggested, at least not yet. More in the Ally McBeal mode of humorous/amusing lawyer show?

Mid-credit scene FYI.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Watched it, dug it. I'm wondering if the two
Spoiler! :
4th-wall breaks I caught are gonna indicate more about her Hulk Syndrome
since the chronologically-first one next to Bruce seemed to catch them both by surprise.

***Oops, off to catch the credits scene/s
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:51 pm

One subtle thing:
Spoiler! :
Might Bruce start to wonder if he has a multiple-personality disorder now that Jen does not seem to have a Hulk personality? Bruce assumed it was a Hulk side effect, maybe the evidence will get him thinking otherwise? Go down the Peter David era road with Bruce?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:57 pm

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:05 pm

My "news" feed tried to feed me this article:

"She-Hulk scene solves they mystery of Captain America's virginity----And the answer is absolutely canon".

This is why I hate the internet. No real fan was EVER concerned about this.

I think I need to take an internet sabbatical. The only reason I'm on it at all is for action figure news.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:21 am

Clickbait journalism is some of the most embarrassing, painful bullshit I've ever read. The amount of times I've seen an article about "a mindblowing detail I never noticed" which was something no normal person would ever give a shit about - it's baffling.

One interesting detail that I'm sure may become a bigger topic later on -
Spoiler! :
The Sakarian cruiser that causes them to crash - Bruce specifically identifies it and then says he will deal with it later... I feel like this will end up being a reveal that he had a son on Sakaar. There have been rumors the past year and a half about World War Hulk. This would definitely open things up to that possibility.
Apologies if someone already explored that.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:03 am

I liked a good deal of episode one. I like the character and look forward to seeing Jennifer Walters find her balance.

But her origin as on screen is lame and awkward and almost took me out of the story.
Spoiler! :
Probably foreshadowing government plot to make their own hulks as it seems it just takes a little blood. Yes I caught the exposition in the Smart Hulk lab and they have unique genetics which makes them able to harness the gamma and not just die from lethal doses of that radiation. So I get you can’t just splice blood with anyone and get a hulk. It just was too quick and without purpose. Well I guess it makes Jennifer Walters a hulk quickly. The running through woods ending up in a bar and the quick grooming in the bathroom and beating up dumb men…I could do without that completely. That five to seven minutes was Inhumans bad. Not because I don’t like women being strong and standing up when being treated like things. It was nice the ladies saw a person in distress and offered assistance as they saw needed to be rendered. It was just dumb. It reminded me of bad humor in Ghostbusters remake. I didn’t like anything after Jennifer swerved off the road and we wake up with her at the Hulk hut. It was like taking a good origin story and hitting the fast forward button. It was empty and pretty meaningless.

Then the training which was pretty entertaining. Then the fight. Ok. Then moving on to her job as a lawyer. It was a good episode. I need more stories with this character.

Was the director down playing the origin for a purpose I missed? Humor? Irony? I didn’t get it. I mean her attire after crashing and hulking out was just a little dirty and disheveled. Was that the point? I really don’t get it. I guess it was as confusing to show her initial disorientation in the change. I guess. It was not well done.
I guess I’m the grump. My wife and I just looked at each other and said “this is bad” but it got better. My wife thought the rendering on Jennifer as hulk was more realistic than Bruce. She looked like she was more realistic. I thought they both looked good. Jennifer’s hair came off like a helmet at tines. That must be crazy difficult to render well. The fight was video game like. At times I looked like a real fight and others it was weightless like fights of digital characters.

I liked the very good use of prop sizing. It helped draw you in. The jeep, doors, utensils. Furniture. It was all good.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:10 am

I think they have to downplay the origin because her comic origin 100% wouldn’t work in the MCU. I agree it was a little sloppy (I think the roles being reversed would have made more sense), and I do think they sped past it a little to get it out of the way. I can’t complain because I know these characters, but I wonder how it plays to the general audience who is only exposed to these characters through the MCU.

Return to “The Multiplex”