She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: She-Hulk - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu May 19, 2022 7:24 pm

TFitz wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:45 pm
Nope. They said all the CGI was completely done and they are just waiting to release it.

newsarama.com/tha/tmay/beal/ie

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu May 19, 2022 7:26 pm

Sepster is wise! :lol:
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:47 pm

I'm fairly forgiving of CGI for faces, just so hard to do, and I find I get used to it fairly quickly.

Bigger question is why she is at work and on dates in Hulk mode - whether, like in the She Hulk graphic novel, she loses the ability to transform back to her non-Hulk look at some point?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 8:03 pm

fac wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:47 pm
I'm fairly forgiving of CGI for faces, just so hard to do, and I find I get used to it fairly quickly.

Bigger question is why she is at work and on dates in Hulk mode - whether, like in the She Hulk graphic novel, she loses the ability to transform back to her non-Hulk look at some point?
Or is it like Teen Wolf (the original MJF movie, I haven't seen the new show at all) where that's what people want so she gives it to them until she realizes it's almost a crutch.

But I'd prefer she's just stuck that way like in the comics, heh. And yeah the CG isn't perfect, but also 'perfect' CG will be kinda disturbing as well. I'm honestly fine if that's as good as it gets because the show looks fun as hell. I did see some, but don't think it was here, suggesting they should have just had a larger woman play She Hulk with her as Jen, like the old Hulk show, but I mean... why do that? After what they did with Steve Rogers, maybe the opposite would have made sense? And doing some forced perspective like they did with the Hobbits in LOTR and green makeup wouldn't work because She Hulk is lankier than Maslany. So, it is what it is and so far I'm down for the ride.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 pm

I thought in the comics, Jennifer isn't "stuck" in Hulk-mode but rather she prefers being She-Hulk over plain ol' Jennifer Walters?
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 9:33 pm

Maybe it has been revised as it has been 40 years or whatever, but in the She Hulk GN, Reed informs her that she can't go back to being regular Jennifer Walters. She is OK with it (as compared to Ben being stuck as the Thing) so isn't upset.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu May 19, 2022 10:02 pm

fac wrote:I'm fairly forgiving of CGI for faces, just so hard to do, and I find I get used to it fairly quickly.

She may lose the ability. But I think part of her character arc is going to be the “I just want to live a normal life” to “I embrace myself and feel powerful so screw whatever people think.” Which is already very evident from the trailer since she literally says the first part and then we see her working and dating as a green giant.

Return to “The Multiplex”