The Batman

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Batman

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:58 pm

It's always been the same, batman is the top DC property and they will never relegate him to a TV show when he's their tentpole movie character. They will reboot him to death before giving him his own tv show. Also i can "hope" the upcoming shows that may be spinning out of this film are good, but none of DC's tv properties gets near the quality of movies like this. I love superman and lois but its still chock full of cw cheese and shitty effects. Titans is a god damn cataclysmic [email protected]#$ of a terrible show with equally shitty effects. I can't think of a single DC property show that has production values to the level of other HBO/WB tv productions, or marvels disney plus shows. They all fall to the same network tv level of quality and while its "ok" on cw it wouldn't pass mustard for me for an HBO batman show, and i don't think they would bother with it.

They'll milk every related aspect of batman for tv and what not but he will always be a movie character, and because of that and the actors involved and the status level, he won't probably even appear in even the related tv stuff like GCPD and what not. I doubt pattinson will clear his schedule to do a few episodes of a tv show.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:24 am

Batman is potential big money, that's why the features division has him exclusively.

It's for the best. They've already diluted the Bat brand with Batwoman, Titans, Fox's Gotham.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:30 am

Batfleck had a Bat brand.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:30 am
Batfleck had a Bat brand.
But did he have Bat brandy?
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:21 pm

Magnuz wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:58 pm
none of DC's tv properties gets near the quality of movies like this. I love superman and lois but its still chock full of cw cheese and shitty effects. Titans is a god damn cataclysmic [email protected]#$ of a terrible show with equally shitty effects. I can't think of a single DC property show that has production values to the level of other HBO/WB tv productions.
Watchmen.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Watchmen is a bit of a odd duck. On the one hand yes i feel that the overall quality was "good", but manhattan specifically was pretty lamely done being just a blue man group looking body paintjob. The acting and story were good though but that show was built as much as a DC property as just a standalone comic/novel adaptation in the same vein as game of thrones.

That said it was an HBO show so i'd hope for that kind of quality in GCPD but we will see. Titans and such suffer because they were started on DC universe and have alot to do with cw and berlanti. What they show is the difference in budgeting and planning for a series. Watchmen has a status, and probably garnered more money than the other DC shows do. The best "DC Universe/CW era" dc show was swamp thing and it was cancelled pretty obviously because of how expensive it was.

Right now everything "new" for hbo is kind of up in the air as far as what we will get. so i can hope that the GCPD show is good but i stand by the fact that wb/dc won't do batman as a show anytime soon.

Return to “The Multiplex”