Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:44 am

I wasn't upset or anything at The reveal, it stands to reason that 2012 mass-mudering Loki shouldn't be allowed to escape with one of the most powerful devices in the universe.

The Avengers weren't using the stones to enslave the human race, they're using them to return the human race.

It simply breaks down that the Avengers served the sacred timeline and Loki did not
fac
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:52 am

I agree, not too interested in getting into a deep discussion on fate/free will - also not expecting the show to get into it too much either. When I said hand-waving, I meant more about the need of the writers to set up the show so that Loki was a problem to be dealt with and the Avengers were not, even if that logic seems a little iffy in the story we have seen. Its not a deal breaker for me, it is the rules they have set for the show so far, like the time travel rules in the MCU.
Spoiler! :
Not sure if I think this will be an unreliable narrator but maybe Loki will undercut the conviction of the TVA folks - or at least Mobius - that the "sacred timeline" is a thing to defend? Not sure that we should believe the person colleting the time reset bomb things is really a villain just yet - although they seem to have no issues with killing folks.

My way too early theory is that someone else is impersonating Loki, or it is a different variant Loki, more than it is this Loki. Maybe impersonating him in order to get this Loki involved for some reason, knowing the TVA would go that route? Say a future version of Mobius himself...?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm

A most interesting catch:
https://news.yahoo.com/fans-convinced-s ... 14266.html

I greatly enjoyed the episode, with a special kick from the 70s Berlin decor. Let's hope they stay away from the avocado green bathroom sets, tho.
heinousjoe
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:40 pm

fac wrote:
Spoiler! :

My way too early theory is that someone else is impersonating Loki, or it is a different variant Loki, more than it is this Loki. Maybe impersonating him in order to get this Loki involved for some reason, knowing the TVA would go that route? Say a future version of Mobius himself...?
Spoiler! :
I'm thinking it's lady loki from another time line
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Loki - MCU Disney+ Series

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:45 pm

Spoiler! :
I think there’s several takes if this is Loki:
1) Mobius knows somehow the post-TVA/reset Loki now knows there’s a higher power controlling all time, and becomes a villain. Helping him stop himself may prevent that outcome.
2) Mobius is intentionally creating a more powerful Loki for...reasons...
3) Mobius doesn’t know this is also part of the sacred timeline, and his actions to create a more powerful Loki are inevitable. We’re shown Mobius as a guy who knows where he fits in a big bureaucracy, and he seems to be a True Believer. It’s always a gut-punch to the audience when the unreliable narrator didn’t know they were unreliable.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:42 am

september_death wrote:
Spoiler! :
I think there’s several takes if this is Loki:
1) Mobius knows somehow the post-TVA/reset Loki now knows there’s a higher power controlling all time, and becomes a villain. Helping him stop himself may prevent that outcome.
2) Mobius is intentionally creating a more powerful Loki for...reasons...
3) Mobius doesn’t know this is also part of the sacred timeline, and his actions to create a more powerful Loki are inevitable. We’re shown Mobius as a guy who knows where he fits in a big bureaucracy, and he seems to be a True Believer. It’s always a gut-punch to the audience when the unreliable narrator didn’t know they were unreliable.
None of this would surprise me, to be honest. It's a good early guess, at the very least.

heinousjoe wrote:
Spoiler! :
My wife said the same thing. And it would be pretty cool, I think.

MCUCompletionist wrote: I wasn't upset or anything at The reveal, it stands to reason that 2012 mass-mudering Loki shouldn't be allowed to escape with one of the most powerful devices in the universe.

The Avengers weren't using the stones to enslave the human race, they're using them to return the human race.
But it is notable that they already clarified that 'the way it's supposed to be' doesn't mean 'the best/most moral way.' Loki = bad and Avengers = good is immaterial to what is supposed to happen versus what isn't supposed to happen. At least.. according to the TVA.

Prophet924 wrote: True. But I caution making it more complicated than it appears. This story is about Loki. Not Thanos, Not Avengers. Not trillions of other sentient beings. Loki.
It's also about the Marvel Universe, and the things that make it function the way it does. So there's always going to be a bit of 'how does this all work?' mixed in to the narrative. Like The First Avenger was about Captain America. But it was also about the Infinity Stones, the nature of goodness, and other things besides.
Prophet924 wrote: Wouldn’t the concept of fate be interwoven in Asgard lore?
Considering they're fantasy space versions of medieval European gods largely worshiped by cultures that had strong beliefs about fate and pre-destiny, it seems really weird for that not to be a stronger theme of the Asgardian characters but.. yeah, it's really just not. Except for in Ragnarok, where all of a sudden the inexorable fate of Asgard was a major plot point.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:46 am

heinousjoe wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:40 pm
fac wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
That's been theorized since an actress was cast in a role that hasn't been announced, and.......
Spoiler! :
we've seen a shot in the trailer of Loki sitting with a woman watching as a moon apparently crashes.
fac
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:22 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:46 am

That's been theorized since an actress was cast in a role that hasn't been announced, and.......
Spoiler! :
we've seen a shot in the trailer of Loki sitting with a woman watching as a moon apparently crashes.
Spoiler! :
Now I want Loki to be crushing on Lady Loki. Who is a better match for a megalomaniac than an alternate version of themselves?
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Crushing on an alternate furry version of themselves?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Interesting (potential) Easter egg:
Spoiler! :
I wonder if this is a sign of What If? fitting into the live action properties.

Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:15 am

I guess I just really hate the idea, that all cosmos is on a predetermined timeline created by Three Aliens Gods.

All MSU films, everything in this universe happened because Three Aliens Gods said "that how it is supposed to happen". When some deviation from this timeline happens, TVA come, kill you and reset the timeline. Nobody makes a choice. They reset you until you do what the "Alien Gods" wanted. Thats [email protected]#$ depressing...Even if everything they said turns out to be true and Loki destroys TVA in the end, this does not change the fact that the entire timeline was predetermined.

What's the point of their trial if they will sentence you to death anyway? All this is played as a joke, but it doesn't make any [email protected]#$ sense. How can they have so many infinity stones in the desk, when there are also six stones in reality. If you took them out, what happened to that timeline, the universe? How can you duplicate them? Were they taken from other timelines that were erased? But then, why keep them at all? Also if TVA have a complete timeline view, how does someone "break the script"?

They have so much to explain. There are so many questions, that I'm afraid even the writers themselves didn't think about it. I hope they explain this, and not turn it into another "Ralph Bohner joke". Because they definitely can.
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:38 am

Idk dude its pretty simple.

TVA erases the timelines that diverge, that's what the reset bombs were or whatever. I doubt they can stick the stones in a paper shredder so of course you keep them around. They're still powerful but there are simply no one in the TVA that would do anything with them. So keep em in a drawer.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:44 am

MCUCompletionist wrote:
It's really not.
MCUCompletionist wrote:
TVA erases the timelines that diverge, that's what the reset bombs were or whatever. I doubt they can stick the stones in a paper shredder so of course you keep them around. They're still powerful but there are simply no one in the TVA that would do anything with them. So keep em in a drawer.
If TVA erases the timelines that diverge, why can't they leave stones in those timelines? They will also be erased, right? Or not? Then why keep them if they don't really care?
MCUCompletionist
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:59 am

Aleks wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:44 am
MCUCompletionist wrote:
It's really not.
MCUCompletionist wrote:
If TVA erases the timelines that diverge, why can't they leave stones in those timelines? They will also be erased, right? Or not? Then why keep them if they don't really care?
They keep them for paperweights, its been said quite often Infinity Stones can't be destroyed, so either they leave extra stones floating through time and space or they take them to a place that exists outside of time.

It's not even specifically stones, they take everything that's not supposed to be there, they took the bubblegum too in the church. If you leave things that dont be long then you're disturbing the sacred timeline.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:38 am

It's pretty obvious that the reset charges aren't instantaneous when they go off. They spread from ground zero.

So in that case, why leave an item that can alter reality or time in its origin universe where it still retains its power that someone was just trying to use to alter things for anyone else to come and use it before the charge finishes erasing the timeline splinter?

Not to mention it acts as evidence. Arrest the variant, confiscate the item they tried to use or have used to alter the timeline, log it now that its harmless, done. It covers all potential bases.

Return to “The Multiplex”