the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Disney+ Series

Looking for a dose of entertainment? For movies, TV, and music - the Multiplex is your spot.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: the Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Disney+ Series

Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 am

Benedict wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:16 am
From the MCU fandom page.
“Morgenthau started the Flag Smashers, with the goal to unite the world without borders, and share resources to the population that weren't given preferential treatment by the Global Repatriation Council. To start her movement, she stole twenty Super Soldier Serum vials from Wilfred Nagel, attracting the attention of the Power Broker. Her many crimes across Europe attracted the attention of Falcon, Winter Soldier, Captain America, and Battlestar. Morgenthau attempted to cancel the ratification of the Patch Act in New York City, but was ultimately killed by the Power Broker. However, the new Captain America, the former Falcon, recognized the role the GRC played in her resorting to terrorism and convinced the GRC to abandon the Patch Act, meaning her goals were at least partially fulfilled despite the Flag Smashers' defeat.”

All of that was directly stated in the show.
That was what we GOT, but the belief is that the ORIGINAL story was that there was some kind of virus affecting people in these refugee camps, whether it was created and released by someone/some entity, but someone at Disney didn't want to give anyone the chance to consider that our REAL virus could have been man made (more than the tin foil hat people already do), hence the change in motivation. The actress who played the Momma Donya character is a big time actor, and she basically had NO part. That and some of the odd audio dubs and edits in certain scenes in more than a few episodes makes it clear something got changed within the plot as far as their motivation is concerned.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Now I'm wondering if we might could get the Pandemic cut of this show a few years down the line, lol.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 am

In the new “Assembled” Making Of special they don’t allude at all to rewriting, but I was tracking when the crew had masks on in the BTS shots and that included the finale, Walker beheading the dummy, a lot of the Karli in that outdoor alcove space, Sam/Karli in the interior where the teacher was, that outdoor area where Sam and Torres talked in Ep 1. What looked like all original shoot stuff was everything Val (she prob worked one day), everything Louisiana, the first Flag Smasher scene where Torres got pummeled.

I find this puzzle patchworking more interesting than what they aired, unfortunately.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 12:12 pm

JPC wrote:In the new “Assembled” Making Of special they don’t allude at all to rewriting, but I was tracking when the crew had masks on in the BTS shots and that included the finale, Walker beheading the dummy, a lot of the Karli in that outdoor alcove space, Sam/Karli in the interior where the teacher was, that outdoor area where Sam and Torres talked in Ep 1. What looked like all original shoot stuff was everything Val (she prob worked one day), everything Louisiana, the first Flag Smasher scene where Torres got pummeled.

I find this puzzle patchworking more interesting than what they aired, unfortunately.
Yeah, I found the clips from the previous movies in this documentary far more interesting than the series itself!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 8:31 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:49 pm
Now I'm wondering if we might could get the Pandemic cut of this show a few years down the line, lol.
I saw a clip of the writer/show runner (can't recal exactly which it was) where he said he was told to "stop talking about it" when he was asked about comments he had made in regards to what had to be changed from the original version.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 02, 2021 3:39 am

Looked those up and he states it was not pandemic-related, but a subplot that got excised along the way that is a story he’d like to be told in another format, hence being told to stop talking about it.

Maybe it’s Bucky and Sam falling in love? The chemistry really started leaning that way.

Also, this show should have been titled WINGMEN.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Yeah, that all sounds like back-pedaling nonsense. You don't film an entire storyline with Disney's money and toss it on an artistic whim, imho.
fac
Avengers Assemble

Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Makes sense it wasn't a full on pandemic storyline as the rest of the show doesn't imply that is happening, but I do think it involved access to medical supplies/vaccines etc. and they probably felt that was too close to the real world. I could see a storyline where someone (The Power Broker) released a disease in order to sell the vaccine.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 09, 2021 3:04 pm

Objectively, this show was a 7/10 series at best. Using Daredevil as the 10/10 benchmark for superhero television.

The stuff with Sam, Buck, Isaiah and to a lesser extent Walker.. was really well done.

The action sequences were ambitious, even though the camera work could use some fine-tuning.

The Flagsmashers plot and Karli drags the show down. They could have really used a far more charismatic villain with a more compelling agenda.

Even something as simple as making the people who were 'blipped' back as the ones who got marginalized by the system instead.. would have made more sense. Considering they've been gone for 5 years and lost most of their assets.
Benedict
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 9:49 pm

Both sides were. Falcon couldn’t get a bank loan because he hadn’t worked for 5 years.

So close to getting that Anchorman line in the MCU “the Human Torch was denied a bank loan”
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 1:28 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:04 pm
Objectively, this show was a 7/10 series at best. Using Daredevil as the 10/10 benchmark for superhero television.

The Flagsmashers plot and Karli drags the show down. They could have really used a far more charismatic villain with a more compelling agenda.
Glad I'm not alone in this thought. I couldn't decide whether it was her acting or the writing that was killing me more with their scenes. Did not care about the Super Punks' story at all. I'm editing the episodes down to them just being barely in the show.

Return to “The Multiplex”