Dorkside Toys financial issues/future discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dorkside Toys financial issues/future discussion

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:28 pm

I was thinking the same thing when they did it. San Diego, LA, New York, even Seattle or somewhere, the store probably would have kept afloat more or less.

And I always saw opening a comic shop as a "I can live comfortably on retirement now so I'll open a business I'm excited about but don't need to worry about profit" deal for myself.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:31 pm

It’s sad to see them close since DST was my main go to for years. I like supporting a smaller business when I can. Has anyone used Nerdzoic? I watch his YouTube videos and have considered ordering from his store to continue supporting a smaller business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

I already have a Dorkside shirt, but I'd feel weird wearing it anymore.

My final order (MS Vision, full price PO) is still taking its sweet time getting to me via Pitney Bowes. Then I wash my hands of this. Seeing people getting screwed over on monies leaves a bad taste in my mouth, despite having had only good experiences with the store myself.
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:41 pm

My very last order was something I paid for back in July but was waiting on a loose Knull figure which of course they never got in. They shipped it on November 29th and it's still not to me yet even though it sat for 3 days in my state before moving again. Typically I would have had something from them within a few days of it shipping....this is the slowest I've ever experienced.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:56 pm

My last order with Pitney Bowes took a while. It was containerized in GA on 11/18 and delivered to CT on 11/30. No tracking update from 11/21 in NJ to 11/29. This was DS's widespread Action Force miscue of shipping the wrong figure.

GalacticTradeShip restored his Instagram post from 11/22. The more interesting comments seem to be gone, though.
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:38 pm

renfield75 wrote:I wound up receiving my entire PayPal balance back from Dorkside, refunded through a purchase I made this summer on my debit card. So my balance with them is settled and they did right by me...hopefully everyone else gets their money back as well.

Sad to see Dorkside go. They were my main online store since 2015.
Any insight you can give on how you managed this? What did you do to get their attention/take action?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:40 pm

Boggsy1982 wrote:
My very last order was something I paid for back in July but was waiting on a loose Knull figure which of course they never got in. They shipped it on November 29th and it's still not to me yet even though it sat for 3 days in my state before moving again. Typically I would have had something from them within a few days of it shipping....this is the slowest I've ever experienced.
This is the holiday season, I've noticed a slow down of most of my packages from the three main carriers lately, especially Fed Ex.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Blackestday wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:19 pm

With “OWNER” printed across the shoulders on the back.
I ordered 2 and they’re already in transit. I feel like one of those vultures in cartoons checking back to see if a couple things were marked down.

I think they carried too much stuff that really doesn’t seem to sell unless it is marked down. Opening an actual store from an online business just doesn’t seem like a good idea unless you’re somewhere with known heavy foot traffic of adults that buy pricey toys.
PFFTT. I like your humour.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:48 pm

NORM wrote:
I already have a Dorkside shirt, but I'd feel weird wearing it anymore.

Perfect shirt for yard work and painting.
renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
renfield75 wrote:I wound up receiving my entire PayPal balance back from Dorkside, refunded through a purchase I made this summer on my debit card. So my balance with them is settled and they did right by me...hopefully everyone else gets their money back as well.

Any insight you can give on how you managed this? What did you do to get their attention/take action?

I canceled my final pre-order with them, after having already gotten the "store credit" email from an earlier cancellation, and they actually suggested they could refund me through the debit card used on a purchase from July. Took a day or two with the email exchanges, then about 4 business days for the refund to go through.

I've seen a response they made to someone else saying that emailing them multiple times actually makes them get to you later; the newer email bumps the chain up to a newer spot in the inbox and apparently they're working from oldest to newest now.

Maybe I just got lucky, I'm not sure why you haven't received a response. I hope they get everything squared with you!!!
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:24 pm

renfield75 wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:

I canceled my final pre-order with them, after having already gotten the "store credit" email from an earlier cancellation, and they actually suggested they could refund me through the debit card used on a purchase from July. Took a day or two with the email exchanges, then about 4 business days for the refund to go through.

I've seen a response they made to someone else saying that emailing them multiple times actually makes them get to you later; the newer email bumps the chain up to a newer spot in the inbox and apparently they're working from oldest to newest now.

Maybe I just got lucky, I'm not sure why you haven't received a response. I hope they get everything squared with you!!!
Thanks for your response, appreciate your help.

Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:39 pm

It’s a bummer to see this situation play out. I only bought from DST from time to time, but they were my favorite of the smaller fan channels. Only ever had good experiences with them and their customer service, but it does leave a bad taste to see how they handled this situation. I feel for everyone losing out on all the money they had paid in preorders .
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:11 pm

Darthgaar wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:40 pm
Boggsy1982 wrote:
This is the holiday season, I've noticed a slow down of most of my packages from the three main carriers lately, especially Fed Ex.
I know it's the holiday season, but I had something ship from BBTS at the same time and got it in less than 5 days.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:29 pm

I'm guessing Pitney Bowe's sits on the package at their hub, because their is a point in the tracking when they hand off to USPS.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:22 pm

Guys, get it through your heads, Dorkside is done. You're not getting any pre-orders through them.

The mere fact that people are having to send multiple emails, that are being ignored, in an attempt to get a refund from Dorkside suggests to me that they're not particularly interested in doing right by their customers.

They know who they owe refunds to, but rather than reaching out to their loyal customers preemptively and offering said refunds, they're making people beg for what they're rightfully owed.

Who knows how many customers Dorkside is just going to leave empty handed? There could literally be thousands of individuals who don't post here or don't check the forums very often that aren't even aware of what's going on. I seriously doubt they'll be getting a refund for anything.

Eddie Campbell is not your friend. He's trying to make as much money as he can, and give out as few refunds as possible before he completely ghosts everyone and cuts and runs.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”