Dorkside Toys financial issues/future discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
AddictBraids
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dorkside Toys financial issues/future discussion

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:31 pm

I have no shame whatsoever canceling pre orders anywhere. Although I will admit, I've never placed pre orders for the same item at multiple e tailers, with plans to cancel based on who gets it in stock first. That seems like to much to keep track of. I used to preorder almost everything through BBTS, but I had a bad experience with them and since then, I rarely ever pre order from them. I had given BBTS thousands of dollars worth of business, and I had pre ordered the Mezco Fantistic Four set through them. The pre order had a $40ish dollar NRD on it. A few months go by and I had stopped collecting Mezco all together and sold all my mezco stuff (Moved from Mezco to Mafex), so I was no longer interested in anything Mezco, especially a $400+ set. So I called them to see if they could cancel my preorder for the FF set and move the NRD to store credit. I get it, it's a NRD so I can't get a true refund for it back to my credit card, but at the time I had like 20ish preorders for other items through them so I figured why couldn't they just give me store credit... I spoke to probably 4 different people moving higher and higher up the food chain and they refused to budge and issue store credit for my NRD. I know theres gonna be some people who are like, "well you placed the order, you knew there was a NRD so tough nuts"... I don't care, I understand I can't get my money back with a NRD, but I can't even get store credit??? BBTS would still have gotten my $40, I just would have spent it on something else instead of literally flushing $40 down the toilet. I had spent thousands at BBTS, and now I spend pretty much nothing there unless it's a worst case scenario. And I guarantee you DS, EE and any of these other etailers would do the same thing BBTS did. These stores don't care about you. They just want your money. So honestly, I couldn't care less if DS goes out of business...I order everything from overseas now...its cheaper and I get it quicker... most of these etailers over charge anyway...
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:40 pm

You don't care about them either, you just want to get whatever you feel so oddly entitled to out of someone else's business. Oh, but I spend a lot! We all do. That's why we're here.
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:45 pm

AddictBraids wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:31 pm
I have no shame whatsoever canceling pre orders anywhere. Although I will admit, I've never placed pre orders for the same item at multiple e tailers, with plans to cancel based on who gets it in stock first. That seems like to much to keep track of. I used to preorder almost everything through BBTS, but I had a bad experience with them and since then, I rarely ever pre order from them. I had given BBTS thousands of dollars worth of business, and I had pre ordered the Mezco Fantistic Four set through them. The pre order had a $40ish dollar NRD on it. A few months go by and I had stopped collecting Mezco all together and sold all my mezco stuff (Moved from Mezco to Mafex), so I was no longer interested in anything Mezco, especially a $400+ set. So I called them to see if they could cancel my preorder for the FF set and move the NRD to store credit. I get it, it's a NRD so I can't get a true refund for it back to my credit card, but at the time I had like 20ish preorders for other items through them so I figured why couldn't they just give me store credit... I spoke to probably 4 different people moving higher and higher up the food chain and they refused to budge and issue store credit for my NRD. I know theres gonna be some people who are like, "well you placed the order, you knew there was a NRD so tough nuts"... I don't care, I understand I can't get my money back with a NRD, but I can't even get store credit??? BBTS would still have gotten my $40, I just would have spent it on something else instead of literally flushing $40 down the toilet. I had spent thousands at BBTS, and now I spend pretty much nothing there unless it's a worst case scenario. And I guarantee you DS, EE and any of these other etailers would do the same thing BBTS did. These stores don't care about you. They just want your money. So honestly, I couldn't care less if DS goes out of business...I order everything from overseas now...its cheaper and I get it quicker... most of these etailers over charge anyway...
No offense, but this sounds completely entitled. You do realize that BBTS has to follow the same guidelines with Mezco as everyone else correct? Mezco requires the NRD....BBTS still has to pay that, same as you or I when they place their order with them. They don't get special treatment because they're a retailer. It really is a NRD for a reason, specifically for situations as you described.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:50 pm

Imagine complaining about not getting a refund for a non-refundable deposit
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 pm

I have no shame whatsoever
I mean... they weren't lying.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:01 pm

That was a lot, so congratulations or I'm sorry that happened.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:11 pm

One time I ate the food but didn't like the food but still ate all the food so I took my stool in and said this tasted bad and I want my money back but they were like nah son and I was sad.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:14 pm

These threads are always wicked insightful.
AddictBraids
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:32 pm

Like I said, call it what you want. Maybe that makes me entitled...Don't care at all. Like I said, I have no shame whatsoever in the situation I described. For all of you saying I'm "entitled" for thinking I should be able to get store credit for a canceled NRD, explain to me why BBTS or ANY etailer couldn't offer store credit for a canceled NRD? They are still keeping my money. Im not asking for a refund in the traditional sense per se, but why can't I get store credit? What's so wrong with thinking I should be able to get store credit? If I cancel a pre order that had a NRD, where does my NRD go? Is it fair that a company just gets to take my money and give me nothing in return? It's not like the product I canceled the preorder on just bursts into flames the second I cancel my pre order so it's unsellable now. For the smart business guys that think I'm entitled or dumb for having this stance, teach me then. Why can't a company offer store credit for a canceled NRD?
tetragene
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:39 pm

Boggsy1982 already addressed it -- if they reapplied it as a credit it would be at a loss to BBTS.
Boggsy1982 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:45 pm
You do realize that BBTS has to follow the same guidelines with Mezco as everyone else correct? Mezco requires the NRD....BBTS still has to pay that, same as you or I when they place their order with them. They don't get special treatment because they're a retailer. It really is a NRD for a reason, specifically for situations as you described.
this BBTS NRD scenario is a *lot* different than what it going on with Dorkside not refunding money they got in full from customers that haven't delivered product on (& likely never will).
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:40 pm

AddictBraids wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:32 pm
Why can't a company offer store credit for a canceled NRD?
Because BBTS took your NDR money, and they gave it to MezCo (or whoever) as an NDR, to secure the figure they were ordering for you.
Sure, as a courtesy, they could have offered you store credit. $40 in store credit of worth less, in the real world, than $40 cash on hand. But BBTS would still be out the money.
I've had my own bad experiences with BBTS, and I too use them very rarely because of that. But they have a point in keeping the NDR because, that's exactly what the NDR is designed for - so the business is covered if the customer flakes on the contract.
AddictBraids
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:58 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
One time I ate the food but didn't like the food but still ate all the food so I took my stool in and said this tasted bad and I want my money back but they were like nah son and I was sad.
This "analogy " makes zero sense.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:04 pm

Can we establish a Quiet Council to request people be banned
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Wait. So, if I pay a NRD and it gets used as a NDR, do I still have to sign a NDA? If so, how does that affect my NFTs?
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:08 pm

AddictBraids wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:58 pm
Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
This "analogy " makes zero sense.

That's always possible. Unfortunately, you've already read it, and therefore can't unread it. And there is no Fwoosh credit to apply to another post that you might agree with. You've already read the post.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics