Marvel Legends Deluxe Blob

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Blob

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:48 pm

Other than store exclusives, I can't recall a legend that's not gone on some sort of sale recently. Definitely worth it to wait. I'm still waiting out Toad, and he's already dropping by a few bucks.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 pm

For comparison, the Deluxe Hydra Stomper from over a year ago was a 1st-time unique sculpt and was priced at $55.99.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm

TinkerersAssistant02 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:03 pm
Plus, you can see on the packaging that Blob is definitely labeled as part of the X-Men 60th Anniversary stuff, and the anniversary lines of the last few years have mostly, if not all, featured an additional just-because mark-up. So I'm sure a few bucks of Blob's price is due to that.

Yeah, and I become less and less enthusiastic about paying it.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:07 pm

Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 pm

sepster wrote:For comparison, the Deluxe Hydra Stomper from over a year ago was a 1st-time unique sculpt and was priced at $55.99.
Exactly. All of the deluxe figures that have. Even unique one off sculpts have been 55. I think the difference is a Mojo or MODOK feels more deluxe because they look more interesting. Blob is deluxe because he is big and will never get reused again. Even Mojo and MODOK got pulse exclusive releases to offset costs. I don't think we are going to see a Blob in a multipack.

I've seen people say the other figure had more paint, bit Blob has a lot of paint detail on his skin. The level of detail is still there, just not as interesting.

That being said, I put in a preorder in case it sells out fast, but will hedge my bets and probably cancel before release to wait for a sale. Not because I think it is over priced,but because I can wait and save a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:30 pm

Imagine Blob gets a multipack exclusive release with Mystique on the Shriek body and Destiny.
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:36 pm

Pre-ordered the Blob from BBTS. It was $2 extra but the pile of loot feature makes shipping essentially free (so it’s actually cheaper overall) , and I can control when it ships to make sure I’m actually around when it releases.

Blob is one of my favorite x-men villains, I have the BAF which I love but stoked to be getting this new figure as well.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 pm

I was thinking of getting Blob for my animated series shelf, since they already did Mystique, but not at that price. Never did I think Hasbro would make Super7 look like a bargain, but here we are. If it ends up on clearance some day I may bite, but if it doesn't, then I guess it wasn't meant to be.
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:10 pm

Misfit wrote:
I was thinking of getting Blob for my animated series shelf, since they already did Mystique, but not at that price. Never did I think Hasbro would make Super7 look like a bargain, but here we are. If it ends up on clearance some day I may bite, but if it doesn't, then I guess it wasn't meant to be.
To be fair, this Blob has better articulation, better paint, and a better sculpt than most Super7 figures.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:19 pm

SuperWeirdo wrote:
Misfit wrote:
To be fair, this Blob has better articulation, better paint, and a better sculpt than most Super7 figures.
I don't think that's particularly fair at all. I'll give Hasbro the articulation as that's usually fine, but the rest is pretty subjective and neither company is particularly great when it comes to paint applications. With Super7 you're at least going to get a lot more stuff, just compare this figure to the Disney Fantasia hippo they put out. The point isn't though which product is better, it's that Super7's prices are too high as it is and Hasbro approaching that or going past it is not a good look or a particularly good value. Both companies want to charge premium collectible prices, but the product rarely merits it. More power to those who are happy with this release, and I've certainly had my share of overpays in the past, but I don't see the value here and it's hard not to imagine this getting clearanced at some point.
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:37 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:19 pm
SuperWeirdo wrote:
Misfit wrote:
I don't think that's particularly fair at all. I'll give Hasbro the articulation as that's usually fine, but the rest is pretty subjective and neither company is particularly great when it comes to paint applications. With Super7 you're at least going to get a lot more stuff, just compare this figure to the Disney Fantasia hippo they put out. The point isn't though which product is better, it's that Super7's prices are too high as it is and Hasbro approaching that or going past it is not a good look or a particularly good value. Both companies want to charge premium collectible prices, but the product rarely merits it. More power to those who are happy with this release, and I've certainly had my share of overpays in the past, but I don't see the value here and it's hard not to imagine this getting clearanced at some point.
I hear ya, it’s all too expensive. But compared to that new $25 Emma Frost (which is easily one of the worst ML figures Hasbro has ever made), or that $25 Rogue (which is 95% re-use), the all-new sculpt Blob seems like a bargain.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:46 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:30 pm
Imagine Blob gets a multipack exclusive release with Mystique on the Shriek body and Destiny.
I'm imagining it and figuring there is a way they could sell this to me. Make Blob shirtless like his first appearances and maybe some new wrinkle with Mystique and I'd be in. Destiny would be the main draw, but if the other two were even a little bit different than what we've already got they could sell this to me.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:51 pm

Is Blob Fan Channel only or is there an Amazon link?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Popoman
CROM?

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:52 pm

SuperWeirdo wrote:
But compared to that new $25 Emma Frost (which is easily one of the worst ML figures Hasbro has ever made)
are you forgetting about the FIRST Emma Frost that Hasbro ever made?

Or even the second?
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Blingoman wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:52 pm
SuperWeirdo wrote:
But compared to that new $25 Emma Frost (which is easily one of the worst ML figures Hasbro has ever made)
are you forgetting about the FIRST Emma Frost that Hasbro ever made?

Or even the second?
That’s why I said “one of the worst”, not THE worst. Their first Emma Frost was absolutely atrocious and shameful, but this new one is not much better.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”