Spider-Man: The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:01 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm
My online order for animated Spidey is still listed as 12/21. I'm just gonna wait it out because two per store destroys my chances of finding in person.
My preorder is the same, but I don't trust Walmart preorders. I have the Black Series holiday Scout Trooper on preorder and it still shows delivery for the 13th, even though the figure appears to be in-stock now and ready to ship. Walmart is just so frustratingly unreliable.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Misfit wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:01 pm
NORM wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm
My online order for animated Spidey is still listed as 12/21. I'm just gonna wait it out because two per store destroys my chances of finding in person.
My preorder is the same, but I don't trust Walmart preorders. I have the Black Series holiday Scout Trooper on preorder and it still shows delivery for the 13th, even though the figure appears to be in-stock now and ready to ship. Walmart is just so frustratingly unreliable.
Count me among those who haven't had problems with Walmart preorders as of late. It's more of a problem to place the order to begin with for me, because if it's presold out, odds are I've missed it. But if I place the order, it's usually been fulfilled.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:12 pm

That's good. I'm just letting both of these ride. If I'm near Walmart, I'll duck in and check for Spidey, but given it's the holiday season I'm not eager to start going there day and day out. Especially now that I'm mostly done Christmas shopping (which took me to multiple Walmarts throughout last week with no sightings) and people in my orbit are getting COVID left and right. Considering that Hasbro is doing a line based on the animated series now, it wouldn't surprise me if this Spidey gets re-released via that anyway. Hasbro will be able to spin it as the retro card is the exclusive. Maybe they swap out the web effects or something too.
PatientMental
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:33 pm

Just announced animated Kraven to be Walmart Scalper exclusive, Hasbro just keeps doing awesome things!
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:11 am

Another Hasbro close but not close enough to move off my Toybiz Kraven. Mainly b/c head sculpt and Hasbro not having the finesse with the paint that his costume really requires.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:11 pm

I took a shot at finding the shipper the last two mornings before work. Nothing yesterday, but today an untouched shipper...except for any Spidey carded figures. I was really looking for a Lizard, since I didn't preorder. My store is showing two in stock, Aisle J7, which is formerly the action figure aisle, now mostly die-cast cars.
Star Wars got the larger front facing part of the shipper. Probably should have went to Marvel. Star Wars and Beast Wars were completely filled. Maybe someone bought an Ulik.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:54 am

I came across the shipper too late yesterday. Lizard and Spidey gone, but I picked up a couple Star Wars figures.
PatientMental
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:24 pm

mrboshek wrote:
I took a shot at finding the shipper the last two mornings before work. Nothing yesterday, but today an untouched shipper...except for any Spidey carded figures. I was really looking for a Lizard, since I didn't preorder. My store is showing two in stock, Aisle J7, which is formerly the action figure aisle, now mostly die-cast cars.
Star Wars got the larger front facing part of the shipper. Probably should have went to Marvel. Star Wars and Beast Wars were completely filled. Maybe someone bought an Ulik.
How did find it to show in stock somewhere?
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:33 pm

Found an untouched display by work and managed to get both Spidey's! After missing out online with the pre-order and then seeing everyone else in my area say the figures were gone from their displays I was getting a little nervous. One to keep carded with my retro Venom and then the other to open.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:11 pm

Kraven didn’t go up for preorder today did he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Popoman
CROM?

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:24 pm

panther10 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:11 pm
Kraven didn’t go up for preorder today did he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I don't think they set a date for him yet
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:54 pm

PatientMental wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:24 pm
mrboshek wrote:
How did find it to show in stock somewhere?
I was going by the stock status of Lizard on walmart.com. I hadn't noticed him as in stock before, so I thought they might have gotten the shipper since he was available for pick up. My store is showing 2 available again after being sold out this morning. I'm going to put a store pick up order this time.

...and they canceled. I placed another order at a different store. At checkout, they had an option selected to substitute a similar item if the one I ordered was not in stock :rolleyes:
Store pick ups are probably dicey if Walmart's info is telling their employee to look in an aisle.
PatientMental
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:37 pm

Found the shipper today at 7am Wally the scalper had been through it already & grabbed all but two Spider-Man & one Lizard only because one Spidey had horrible paint & the other had a bent card but had pristine straight paint so I grabbed that one! Better than nothing & Ebay prices!
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:56 am

Are there any pics of the Walmart Animated cel shaded Spider-Man compared to MCU Far From Home Spider-Man? Curious about the size since I saw it's smaller than the first Animated Retro Spider-Man with joint pegs.
Balthus Dire
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:22 pm

I had Scorpion pre ordered at two different places and both cancelled the pre orders due to unavailability. Terrific.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”