Spider-Man: The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:59 am

JPC wrote:It would certainly be more helpful than shipping them out the week of Christmas. I'm outta town and I'm worried they'll be on my doorstep for two weeks, unless a kind neighbor takes them in.
Yeah, I have an order for two of them that’ll be delivered to my apartment in NYC while I’m out for the holidays. Almost definitely expecting the package to be stolen. Walmart has an archaic e-commerce system that doesn’t allow you to change the address for orders, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackestday
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:38 am

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:49 am
Blackestday wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:15 pm
Nebraska wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:13 am
My buddy found the shipper in Indiana last night. 2 Spideys & 2 Lizards per shipper.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
a freshly set up one only had 2 of each? that seems extremely low. you'd think at least a case of 6 each...or 4 of each were snagged by the employee that set it up
Common sense and Wal-Mart don’t go together. I fully believe they would ship these out with two of each figure. Wal-Mart is so awful I saw that post and was just like “Yea, that makes sense for Wal-Mart, two Spider-Man each.”

Would be real cool if our online preorders shipped.
yesterday i stopped in one walmart for something and they had craps loads of cases of toys stacked in 3 big falling over crap piles waiting to be put out. i didn't notice a marvel/star wars cardboard display like the one in the photos but i also wasn't aware they were popping up.

about an hour ago i needed a couple grocery items so i ran to another walmart. they were starting to dig through their crap piles. there were a bunch of the small $11 transformers dumped into a bin of a cardboard display near electronics. other items in the display were like iphone cases and baby butt wipes....it really made no sense.

i have a couple of spider-man ordered but it would be nice to find it in a store to check the placement of the web lines on the red.
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:47 am

sepster wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:36 am
This Animated Spider-Man, the Amazing Friends Spider-Man and the Amazing Fantasy 15 Spider-Man are all on the same body, correct?
A July '22 Reddit reference pic says yes, same body.

I like the cell shaded figure's vivid colors, but not the front paint apps. No idea what I'll do if I see it in person.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:24 am

Found an untouched shipper this morning. Grabbed both Spideys & Lizard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:50 pm

For the few who found it in store, did it show on the website/app as in-stock?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Misfit wrote:
I didn't think to even check the app. Sorry.
TacoBelmont
Super Poseable

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:49 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:45 pm
Misfit wrote:
I didn't think to even check the app. Sorry.
I found this guy today.

He did not show up as in stock on the Wal-Mart website.
PatientMental
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:17 am

Is there any way to check brickseek or anything else to see if they are in stock? Im sure none of us want to waste time & gas especially during the holiday shopping mess!
TacoBelmont
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:22 am

PatientMental wrote:
Is there any way to check brickseek or anything else to see if they are in stock? Im sure none of us want to waste time & gas especially during the holiday shopping mess!
None that seem to be reliable. I just had a feeling that today would be a good day to check a few Wal-Marts. Probably not the answer anyone wants, but I think it is the reality of the situation with this figure.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:22 pm

JRoug wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:43 pm
Here's a question: did anyone playing with the old ToyBiz figures from the 90s - EVER - even think for a second "this figure needs cel shading to match the cartoon"?

I get that it's another way to sell us redecos, but aside from being completely unworkable in 3D, it makes for wonky-looking figures. I'm at least 75% more likely to buy a VHS box or carded animated series figure wthout cel shading.
Nope. I hate it. I think it's a flawed, nonsensical idea and it's almost always poorly executed, too...
But-
If they start a sub-line with it, I hate when they don't stick to it. Hate inconsistency in sub-lines. Hate trying to mix and match cel-shaded with proper, natural figures.
I'd have preferred all of the X-Men VHS line not to have been cell-shaded, thought it was poorly done when they did (but am at least appreciative that, other than Mr Sinister and Storm, it was more subtle than it could have been), but was annoyed when they did the halfway Apocalypse that can't stand comfortably aside the VHS line, but is too obviously inappropriate for the standard line with it's animated colours. Just confused.

Similarly uncertain how they're going to do it here, now, with any verisimilitude or integrity; because so far we've had a cel-shaded Spidey, a Venom that's not but has animated, stylised lighting that's equally unnatural, and we're about to get a Symbiote Spidey done in that same lighting style, alongside a Carnage that has neither cel-shading or stylised lighting, with the colouring not actually even matching the show, despite being simpler than in the comics. So many weird inconsistencies, added to a retro Scorpion in animated colours with no cel-shading, a Hob Goblin that's the same, but with a comic face (when that animated colouring and simplification made him the most complained about figure in that wave). Added to a Black Cat that's 75% of the way to being in animated style, too.

Dont like it at all, never wanted it, but at least be consistent with it or what a mess. Just seems like you don't know what you're doing, Hasbro.
(I don't normally complain this much- absolutely LOVE the retro line when it's comic based, would absolutely LOVE the VHS line without cel-shading- just don't like it when they all get mixed up and compromised in ways that end up satisfying almost nobody in particular.)
PatientMental
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 am

TacoBelmont wrote:
PatientMental wrote:
None that seem to be reliable. I just had a feeling that today would be a good day to check a few Wal-Marts. Probably not the answer anyone wants, but I think it is the reality of the situation with this figure.
Do you know what the SKU code is?
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:31 am

PatientMental wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 am
TacoBelmont wrote:
PatientMental wrote:
Do you know what the SKU code is?

Plugged that into brickseek and keeps showing none in area, maybe because it might not be here yet.

I thought I read someone post the Walmart app is how people find the SKU.
PatientMental
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:23 am

Making a extremely desirable figure a Walmart exclusive is beyond me at this point! I mean people already go there on a regular basis so I dont know what the motive was selecting this particular figure
Rocko
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:58 am

Misfit wrote:
Not for me it didn't; I've ordered Lizard twice now and both times it has been cancelled week or two later. I have been checking and it did not list it at any of the stores in my area (which is 10 or more).
I walked in to my neighborhood one on Sat and there was a single lizard and two Spiderman figs in the shipper with 4 Uliks.
I basically had to rely on my Spidey sense that I should stop and take a look.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm

My online order for animated Spidey is still listed as 12/21. I'm just gonna wait it out because two per store destroys my chances of finding in person.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”