Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
DaThing
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Lost, NC
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:55 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:39 am

MLNUT wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:15 pm
DaThing wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 pm
I can't wait to get this set. I'm going to attempt to use a black Gundam paint marker to make glove and boot lines. Still trying to figure out something for the DD on his chest. I can't decide whether to use vinyl or just deco podge one on.
Things you shouldn't have to do on an $80+ set.
It's not something I HAVE to do, it's something I choose to do to enhance the figure in order to make it more appealing to me and me alone. That's something every person has the choice to do. How many people replace plastic capes for cloth ones? That's something they shouldn't have to do but make the choice to do. It's a hobby, everyone enjoys it at different levels.
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:08 am


RoyalCollector wrote:I never got the previous Bullseye, haven't had a Hasbro Daredevil and I love Elektra.

Not everything is aimed at you. Hasbro releasing and re-releasing characters in different ways ensures the new collector always has a chance to jump in, and if you have faith in Hasbro's business model just wait for the single release of the character you're looking for. These "don't play Hasbro's game" comments are nonsense. We all play Hasbro's game. It's been going on for years so why all of a sudden is it brand new to some?

It's a sound strategy that keeps many coming back for seconds, keeping the money churning in, and ultimately extending the lines longevity.
Hey, I was a new collector recently - it's great that Hasbro releases and re-releases important characters to give fresh plastic addicts a chance. I'm truly thankful for that. NECA can take a lesson. I got in just too late to get cartoon Casey Jones (a pretty important TMNT supporting character) and three years later, still haven't had a chance to get him without paying through the nose on eBay).

Yet it does feel like more and more, highly desired characters or long-requested updates of characters are being stuffed into multi-packs featuring much less desirable figures in an effort to push collectors into spending 3 or 4 times as much to get the one figure they've wanted for quite some time, with no guarantee that the figure will be re-released alone anytime soon. I don't blame them for shoving d-level characters like Razorback or Vertigo into multi-packs. But a lot of collectors new and old have been longing for an updated Daredevil.

It worked out for everyone with Mojo. It hasn't worked out with Magneto. Will it work out with Venom, a highly popular character whose long-awaited update was packed with 2 pretty lackluster figures of extremely obscure characters? Will it work out with Daredevil? We'll see.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

User avatar
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3836
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:40 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:28 am

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:08 am
RoyalCollector wrote:I never got the previous Bullseye, haven't had a Hasbro Daredevil and I love Elektra.

Not everything is aimed at you. Hasbro releasing and re-releasing characters in different ways ensures the new collector always has a chance to jump in, and if you have faith in Hasbro's business model just wait for the single release of the character you're looking for. These "don't play Hasbro's game" comments are nonsense. We all play Hasbro's game. It's been going on for years so why all of a sudden is it brand new to some?

It's a sound strategy that keeps many coming back for seconds, keeping the money churning in, and ultimately extending the lines longevity.
Hey, I was a new collector recently - it's great that Hasbro releases and re-releases important characters to give fresh plastic addicts a chance. I'm truly thankful for that. NECA can take a lesson. I got in just too late to get cartoon Casey Jones (a pretty important TMNT supporting character) and three years later, still haven't had a chance to get him without paying through the nose on eBay).

Yet it does feel like more and more, highly desired characters or long-requested updates of characters are being stuffed into multi-packs featuring much less desirable figures in an effort to push collectors into spending 3 or 4 times as much to get the one figure they've wanted for quite some time, with no guarantee that the figure will be re-released alone anytime soon. I don't blame them for shoving d-level characters like Razorback or Vertigo into multi-packs. But a lot of collectors new and old have been longing for an updated Daredevil.

It worked out for everyone with Mojo. It hasn't worked out with Magneto. Will it work out with Venom, a highly popular character whose long-awaited update was packed with 2 pretty lackluster figures of extremely obscure characters? Will it work out with Daredevil? We'll see.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I don't doubt at all that we will be seeing a Daredevil single release sooner rather than later. The Magneto conundrum, that pack was discounted SO heavily and was readily available for what felt like two years. It's only now dried up. There are plenty of examples where Hasbro has given the fans the much desired single packed figure they missed out on. Most recently, Dark Phoenix, which came from a notoriously difficult to get two pack. They listen when enough people want something. But they also have to think logically and make a product enticing, so putting in a big hitter with two others isn't poor showmanship, it's logical marketing.
User avatar
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20531
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:02 am

TFitz wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:10 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:06 pm
I would *like* to get this set. However, I just bought a house and it probably isn't financially prudent for me to do so.

An Elektra with decent articulation has been such a long time coming, though.
Oof. With this market, I hope financing rates didn't kill ya. Congrats on the house, though!

Thank you! We got in like the very weekend before the rates skyrocketed, but it's still quite a bit higher than I'd like it to be.

Fingers crossed that the Fed lowers the interest rate sometime this decade. :rolleyes:

NORM wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:40 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:06 pm
I would *like* to get this set. However, I just bought a house and it probably isn't financially prudent for me to do so.

An Elektra with decent articulation has been such a long time coming, though.
But now you have more room to display the set.

I don't need any more encouragement. :lol: There's too much cool stuff out there as is.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 10637
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:23 am

For anyone who might be thinking about canceling their orders for the Daredevil sets, you might want to double check the status of those orders. I just got an email notices that my Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends order was gearing up to ship too and I wanted to cancel that set to slow some of these Hasbro orders down, but when I tried to cancel it, it wouldn’t take! It’s still pending after six attempts. I don’t know what’s going on but it’s not responding to my commands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 43182
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:03 pm

Just got charged for this set.
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5398
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:28 pm

I was charged for my two sets as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Astoria
Posts: 4788
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 pm

Me three. Tomorrow will be the Herald set, and then Thursday will be the Amazing Friends set.

Weird that Hasbro doesn’t try to coordinate to ship all out at once but the same box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 43182
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:38 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Me three. Tomorrow will be the Herald set, and then Thursday will be the Amazing Friends set.

Weird that Hasbro doesn’t try to coordinate to ship all out at once but the same box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weird but not at all surprising. And totally inefficient.

Ugh, are you sure about the other two sets? I am really getting pummeled by Hasbro right now.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11402
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:47 pm

I got the heralds set notification last week and today I got charged for the Daredevil set.
User avatar
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 4797
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:01 pm

panther10 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:23 am
For anyone who might be thinking about canceling their orders for the Daredevil sets, you might want to double check the status of those orders. I just got an email notices that my Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends order was gearing up to ship too and I wanted to cancel that set to slow some of these Hasbro orders down, but when I tried to cancel it, it wouldn’t take! It’s still pending after six attempts. I don’t know what’s going on but it’s not responding to my commands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. I was seriously contemplating canceling the DD set a few days ago, and was probably going to, but I suddenly got a notice that same day that it was preparing to ship, and when I checked, cancelling the order was no longer an option. I thought I had until next month to decide.

Then today I got the notice that my card had been charged for the order.

In some ways I'm a little irritated with myself for waiting too long, but on the other hand, new Daredevil figure!
User avatar
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 5726
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:20 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:34 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:03 pm
Just got charged for this set.

Samesies
User avatar
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Astoria
Posts: 4788
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:05 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:38 pm
gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Me three. Tomorrow will be the Herald set, and then Thursday will be the Amazing Friends set.

Weird that Hasbro doesn’t try to coordinate to ship all out at once but the same box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weird but not at all surprising. And totally inefficient.

Ugh, are you sure about the other two sets? I am really getting pummeled by Hasbro right now.
Yes, all three ship this week one day after another. That should be it from Hasbro Pulse for 2022. The VHS Cyclops is the only other one I could see sneaking out the door in the next few weeks.
User avatar
DaThing
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Lost, NC
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:55 am

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:20 am

My DD set has shipped and expected to be delivered Thursday. Can't wait to see these in hand, except for Bullseye. Not sure what I'll do with him just yet.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 11385
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:32 pm

Got mine today. Quick thoughts, feel like I’m always composing.

DD is nice. Body looks good on him. Little flat on the paint, but it’s fine in the mix of his costume not changing that much across years. I know it’s not the sun fire body, but looking at him next to Bullseye, the shoulders on DD are nicely scaled. I think he’s missing some wall crawling style splayed hands. They would make acrobatic poses a lot more dynamic.

Elektra is good as well. Her head with the full hair is not easy to put on. I think she really should have come with the bald head too. It would be the one I’d display the most with the white costume. Considering Matt didn’t get a second head, a third for Elektra should have been fine. Like DD, I think she needs another hand style than gripping (really for the sais and not the sword) and fists. It’s unrealistic to expect Shang-Chi level options, but martial artists should get more options.

Bullseye I’m still not feeling. I thought he had a new head with the detail from the face print, combined with the teeth barely having the distinction that I thought he wasn’t missing a tooth. But on closer inspection, it’s the same. The biggest issue with him is he doesn’t have a gun. I don’t need him to have one, but otherwise this figure is 100% reuse; give him a new belt without a gun holster if you’re going to skip the gun. Otherwise, stop cutting corners.


Idk. This set continues to feed my apathy toward collecting at the moment. I WAY overspent during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, but it’s helped buying very little at MSRP this year. Considering the price increases in general, and the unjustified $5 pulse exclusive tax for this set, it feels lacking, regardless of how good DD came out.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”





Recent Topics