Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye Three-Pack

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:22 am

Threash wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:18 am
KolobosRexx wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:26 am
I was pretty thrilled to get a Jim Lee-esque 90's Magneto in that 3-Pack, But I guess I missed the controversy with Magneto? What was the issue? I know that Quicksilver's head is kind of a fail lol...
I think the issue is you are forced to buy a three pack to get a key villain.

Right. My only point was waiting isn't always a sure thing. I would bet they'll release a single-packed DD eventually, but if Magneto is any indication, it may take a while.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:21 pm

I am seriously on the fence about this DD 3-pack to point I'm considering cancelling my P.O.. Mainly because, of the 3 figures in the set, Daredevil is the only one I'm the least interested in.

I have never liked the white costumed Elektra look, or the blue shirted Bullseye. Plus I already have 2 of the Man-Thing Bullseye figures, so I'm good there.

On the other hand I have been wanting an "updated" classic Daredevil for a while now. But I'm not super excited for this figure. I personally was hoping he would be on the Vulcan body, and the fact that there is no black outline around the "DD" symbol on his chest is practically a crime.

All-in-all I'm having a hard time justifying paying more than $80 for what amounts to one figure that I don't even like all that much. The only thing keeping me from cancelling my order is a serious case of FOMO. However, I have a feeling I'm going to also have a serious case of buyers remorse if I go ahead and keep it.

If they had just thrown in a villain that we don't already have like Gladiator, or The Owl, or even The Jester, instead of Bullseye then it might be worth it.
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:50 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:42 pm
I've been close to pulling the plug on my pre-order, and I think I'm just going to show some willpower and cancel it. Don't need Bullseye or a white costume Elektra.

Hopefully they re-release DD alone with boots and gloves that have a different shade of red and more paint apps in general.

If not, oh well. I'll wait for the eventual Mafex classic Matt.
Aleks wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:36 am
Same.

Want good ML Daredevil figure, not going to pay 80$ for it, I'd rather wait for Mafex version. I also don't like what they did with his logo on the chest. You can barely see it.

I've been hoping for a classic Mafex Daredevil for the longest time, but has something already been announced or teased?
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:11 pm

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
I've been close to pulling the plug on my pre-order, and I think I'm just going to show some willpower and cancel it. Don't need Bullseye or a white costume Elektra.

Hopefully they re-release DD alone with boots and gloves that have a different shade of red and more paint apps in general.

Aleks wrote:
Same.

Want good ML Daredevil figure, not going to pay 80$ for it, I'd rather wait for Mafex version. I also don't like what they did with his logo on the chest. You can barely see it.

I've been hoping for a classic Mafex Daredevil for the longest time, but has something already been announced or teased?
No, I just believe it will happen. It doesn't make sense for them to not do it. Besides Spider-Man, what other A or B tier Marvel character is more well known for the sort of agility or body contortion that the Mafex articulation scheme offers than Daredevil?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:14 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:

Aleks wrote:
Same.

No, I just believe it will happen. It doesn't make sense for them to not do it. Besides Spider-Man, what other A or B tier Marvel character is more well known for the sort of agility or body contortion that the Mafex articulation scheme offers than Daredevil?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
I agree wholeheartedly. It's just a matter of time, and that would be my first Mafex figure. I'm kind of a Daredevil completist, but I stick to versions of his classic red costume and any Matt Murdock variants. Red DD is my only Mezco One:12 figure, for example.

I've also thought an Amazing Yamaguchi DD would be cool, but I'd prefer a Mafex.
RamTron
Super Poseable

Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 pm

All I would like is DD on the Vulcan buck with classic deco. That’s it. If that can be done, they can have my moneys.
MLNUT
Yells At Clouds

Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 am

Ninjak wrote:
I am seriously on the fence about this DD 3-pack to point I'm considering cancelling my P.O.. Mainly because, of the 3 figures in the set, Daredevil is the only one I'm the least interested in.

I have never liked the white costumed Elektra look, or the blue shirted Bullseye. Plus I already have 2 of the Man-Thing Bullseye figures, so I'm good there.

On the other hand I have been wanting an "updated" classic Daredevil for a while now. But I'm not super excited for this figure. I personally was hoping he would be on the Vulcan body, and the fact that there is no black outline around the "DD" symbol on his chest is practically a crime.

All-in-all I'm having a hard time justifying paying more than $80 for what amounts to one figure that I don't even like all that much. The only thing keeping me from cancelling my order is a serious case of FOMO. However, I have a feeling I'm going to also have a serious case of buyers remorse if I go ahead and keep it.

If they had just thrown in a villain that we don't already have like Gladiator, or The Owl, or even The Jester, instead of Bullseye then it might be worth it.
IMHO you should NOT buy this set. Since you only want an updated daredevil, wait for the eventual upgraded single release. Daredevil is too popular a character foe Hasbro NOT to release him again. Don't let FOMO control you or play Hasbro's game.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:15 am

MLNUT wrote:
Ninjak wrote:

IMHO you should NOT buy this set. Since you only want an updated daredevil, wait for the eventual upgraded single release. Daredevil is too popular a character foe Hasbro NOT to release him again. Don't let FOMO control you or play Hasbro's game.
I mean, I’m sure Hasbro will release another Daredevil at some point, but no reason to expect it soon. The last ones from the sp//dr wave and the Amazon four pack were like 4-5 years ago.

Plus, they just released an exclusive yellow Daredevil through the Marvel Unlimited membership. Given their normal output, I think they’ve hit their non-MCU Daredevil quota until like 2026.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:31 am

[/quote]

I've been hoping for a classic Mafex Daredevil for the longest time, but has something already been announced or teased?[/quote]

thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:18 am

Do they usually have more stock if a set pre-sells out? Didn’t anticipate that happening considering all the iffy opinions on this one, so I slept in placing an order.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:07 am

MLNUT wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 am
Ninjak wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. Worst case I just stick with this figure for a couple of more years. I like it well enough anyway.

Insaniac
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:49 am

kojigritton wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:31 am

AH
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:31 am

Any chance we could get the zip emoji for this Daredevil instead? I’ve always liked this costume better and felt like it was tailor made for MafexImage
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:47 am

Mafex classic Green Goblin\Hobgoblin would also be good. Spider-Carnage too. Just saying...
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:04 am

I received the “shipping soon” email on this set.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics