Heralds of Galactus

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Heralds of Galactus

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:00 am

I was surprised not to see any Heralds of Galactus continuing to trickle out.

They teased more when they did the Haslab.

We got Herald Thor (new, granted) and Firelord. And Terrax is a reissue and The Fallen One is kind of obscure at this point and basically just a new head with a blank deco.

And they just seem to have dropped the idea in 2024 unless there's something coming on a retro card or as a store exclusive. I feel like they could have kept doing Heralds that owners of Galactus would buy.

I obviously want Air Walker and realize he's probably too much of a deep cut for them to do.

Off the cuff, I could see the following being viable:

The Destroyer. Featured in a Thor movie. Hasn't been done in Marvel Legends since Toybiz.

Johnny Storm. This has a neat design and possible with some reuse. I like that he had Sue's powers as Herald of Galactus.

Dr. Strange. His costume was pretty simple. A bodysuit with patterns on it and his standard head and cape.

Ka-Zar. It's a pretty recent, modern take on the character, who hasn't been seen in Marvel Legends form in some time.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Re: Heralds of Galactus

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:53 am

I really hope Air-Walker is in the cards. Once I get him, I shouldn't need anymore Heralds of Galactus since I have Firelord on the way.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 am

They have to know that Air Walker is top priority for the Heralds now - I'm sure there are plans afoot. Just so long as it's not as the BAF in the GotG or Marvels wave...

I'd be mostly done with Gabriel, but I'd probably pick up a Stardust too, just as it's a cool design.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:10 am

Let's hope there is something mentioned during PulseCon.

However there has been a good number of Heralds already released, but more would be great.

WHERE IS GOLDEN OLDIE!!!!!!!!!!?????????? :lol:
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:08 pm

Rob W wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 am
They have to know that Air Walker is top priority for the Heralds now - I'm sure there are plans afoot. Just so long as it's not as the BAF in the GotG or Marvels wave...

I'd be mostly done with Gabriel, but I'd probably pick up a Stardust too, just as it's a cool design.
WHY?? Why would you give them this idea???
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 pm

Jesse Falcon specifically mentioned Air Walker as the major herald of Galactus they still need to do at SDCC this year.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:47 pm

Hopefully we can get Air Walker and Stardust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:51 pm

If we get Air-Walker I'd be sated. I certainly wouldn't say no to Red Shift and Stardust, but beyond Gabriel I realistically wouldn't need anyone else.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Thor-El wrote:
If we get Air-Walker I'd be sated. I certainly wouldn't say no to Red Shift and Stardust, but beyond Gabriel I realistically wouldn't need anyone else.
I'm kind of the same, but Stardust should look really cool on the shelf. Like Singularity does.
Mobb One
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:38 pm

It's a shame that Terrax is the old mold (for one thing, Terrax and Morg had a big rivalry and were roughly the same height), but I only bought the og Toybiz Galactus and skipped terrax, so I'm glad for the upcoming 2 pack (someone on another forum said pulse sent him an email saying the 2 pack was shipping this week??)

My most wanted heralds are Stardust and Air Walker. Big indifference to Red Shift, but if they ever come around to him, I'd buy. Praeter...given the number of D list characters that have been released, anything is possible. Could even use praeter as a retool for herald Aunt May, or vice versa

One existing figure that some might forget is Cosmic Ghost Rider. He's a former herald of an alternate reality Galactus but in 2020's Thor comic he was called to a council of former heralds by Thor (same comic where Thor became temporary herald) so that's enough to qualify him for my big Galactus display.

If the leaks from the other day are to be believed, then the Thor vs Destroyer 2 pack late next year will meet the need for the Destroyer as herald, since nothing changed about its appearance.

Doctor Strange as herald would be interesting, but that would mean I'd really need a dormammu from the same run (i.e., neither the recent classic dormammu nor the 2005ish dormammu from the SDCC set) and that damn mephisto from the haslab.

I'd love modern Firelord, specifically his depiction in Annihilation.

Above all of these for me, is Galactus' "son" Tyrant. He'd have to be a figure larger than Thanos...maybe slightly smaller than Surtur size. Doubtful this ever happens.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:49 pm

I would definitely take any and all heralds Hasbro decides to make. But like most have mentioned here, Gabriel is #1 priority at this point.

Mobb One wrote: It's a shame that Terrax is the old mold (for one thing, Terrax and Morg had a big rivalry and were roughly the same height), but I only bought the og Toybiz Galactus and skipped terrax, so I'm glad for the upcoming 2 pack (someone on another forum said pulse sent him an email saying the 2 pack was shipping this week??)
Where did you see that about the Terrax set?? Oh man, I wasnt expecting Terrax until next year. How silly of me to take heed in Hasbro's pre-order dates!
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:21 pm

Easiest way for them to release the rest of the Heralds is probably in a set or three pack.

Hopefully fan channel and not exclusive
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:43 pm

There needs to be a dedicated cosmic wave. One cosmic wave per year could include one Herald, one GOTG, one Eternal or Inhuman, one Imperial Guard, and a slew of villains. The Walgreens space "wave" just scratched the surface of a huge catalog of heroes and villains. The rumored Corsair and Fang are excellent steps in the right direction for more comic space characters.
MCU Adam Warlock can really shine a light on the comic Infinity Watch, and the GOTG of course have comic counterparts, both the cinematic team, recent members (Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Bug, etc.) and the originals (Starhawk, Yondu, Nikki, etc.). The debut of MCU Starfox and Pip the Troll are two more fun space-related characters, and they all have ties to Thanos. MCU is cosmic heavy (Thor L&T, The Marvels, GOTG III), and now is the time to strike with more cosmic comic figures to capitalize on this.
With all the rumored leaks, at least to me there seems like there's a missing comic-related wave. With Jesse mentioning Air-Walker, maybe there's a comic cosmic wave he is in! Wishful thinking, I know, but the timing is perfect for this. Can you imagine a cosmic comic wave in 2023 with either Hepzibah or Raza and Ch'od as the BAF in either the X-Man wave or the Cosmic wave? That would be three Starjammers in one year!
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:34 pm

TFitz wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:11 pm
Thor-El wrote:
I'm kind of the same, but Stardust should look really cool on the shelf. Like Singularity does.
I had to stop and think for a minute and try to remember who Singularity was. She's beyond the time I stopped reading newer Marvel comics. But I agree, she does look VERY cool. I may try to track her down and put her with the Heralds just because. Visually she fits right in, and I can kinda head-canon her in somewhere. Maybe as a Stardust or Heroes Reborn "Plasma" stand-in. Or just as a heretofore-unknown Herald named "Singularity".

My shelf, my rules and all that after all. ;-)
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:37 pm

They did announce a Destroyer rumor is coming.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”