2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11816
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Slixta wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:29 am
Speaking of Spider-Woman, classic Jessica Drew is in desperate need of a redo.
a re-release for sure, but idk, that figure is pretty perfect. i'm not sure what i'd redo on her outside of double pinless elbows
User avatar
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.
Posts: 5830
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:36 pm

Insanity's Peak wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 pm
BILLIUM wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:00 pm
I would hope classic, since not only would that get us some Ditko goodness, but I think that's how he looked in Boomerang's Sinister Six and when Doc Ock's mind was housed within him.

Also, Big Pig first; Razorback needs his ride. :lol:
Big Pig, would be a sight to behold for sure.

Image
Classic Boomerang would fit not only with the Sinister Syndicate, but with your Iron Man and Hulk villains, too. I've been wanting him since the last Boomerang came out.
User avatar
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: No longer chasing the Dragon!
Posts: 3468
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:27 pm

We’ll probably get a Grizzly BAF sooner or later, given how easy a rehash of the Ursa figure it would be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11816
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Rob W wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:27 pm
We’ll probably get a Grizzly BAF sooner or later, given how easy a rehash of the Ursa figure it would be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hopefully they change some of his proportions... because that body does not look like a human in a costume at all... at the very least, give him shorter arms with the new head
User avatar
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.
Posts: 5830
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:40 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm
Rob W wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:27 pm
We’ll probably get a Grizzly BAF sooner or later, given how easy a rehash of the Ursa figure it would be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hopefully they change some of his proportions... because that body does not look like a human in a costume at all... at the very least, give him shorter arms with the new head
I dunno, I think it'll work just fine...

Image

Normally, I prefer the more classic looks, but I don't mind this reuse for Grizzly for some reason. I think he'll be fine with a new head and hands.
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 11340
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:51 pm

New, more human proportioned arms for Grizzly would really help distinguish him from being just Ursa Major with a new head. Maybe they wouldn’t include the neck collar so he’s more humanoid in shape as well.

For the BAF, I wouldn’t mind one of the monstrous Scorpion designs. A neat upgrade for the character.

Rose is a nice addition to the line. We gotta be closing in on Carrion and Cardiac.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11816
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:19 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:40 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm
Rob W wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:27 pm
We’ll probably get a Grizzly BAF sooner or later, given how easy a rehash of the Ursa figure it would be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hopefully they change some of his proportions... because that body does not look like a human in a costume at all... at the very least, give him shorter arms with the new head
I dunno, I think it'll work just fine...

Image

Normally, I prefer the more classic looks, but I don't mind this reuse for Grizzly for some reason. I think he'll be fine with a new head and hands.
hard pass for me on that look...


this or nothing
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Doober
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: South Of Houston
Posts: 936
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Tarantula is one of my top 5 wanted Spiderman figures . Still waiting on Calypso, Vermin, Carrion and Scarecrow.
User avatar
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.
Posts: 5830
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:47 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:19 pm
BILLIUM wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:40 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm


hopefully they change some of his proportions... because that body does not look like a human in a costume at all... at the very least, give him shorter arms with the new head
I dunno, I think it'll work just fine...

Image

Normally, I prefer the more classic looks, but I don't mind this reuse for Grizzly for some reason. I think he'll be fine with a new head and hands.
hard pass for me on that look...


this or nothing
Image

Image

Image
They could probably make that with the Sasquatch base body (with some retooling, of course), and I'd be more than willing to take that version of Grizzly, too. I just want him and his Legion of Loser buddies.
User avatar
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}
Posts: 10166
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:12 pm

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:54 am

The BAF will be the Wall. ;)
User avatar
effigy
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:09 am

They’ve nailed so many classic villains lately that My number one Spidey villain want now is the Looter.

Plus maybe redoes of Hobgoblin, Molten Man and Green Goblin.
User avatar
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:55 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:49 am

As much as I loathe the Clone Saga era of Spider-Man, I'd like an affordable re-issue of Ben's hoodie costume.
User avatar
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Picking Up New Cartridges
Posts: 4258
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:52 am

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:31 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:49 pm
Slixta wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:29 am
Speaking of Spider-Woman, classic Jessica Drew is in desperate need of a redo.
a re-release for sure, but idk, that figure is pretty perfect. i'm not sure what i'd redo on her outside of double pinless elbows
I'm not a fan of the head or the Lana Kane hands.

It'd be the perfect opportunity to update that buck's neck joint (or lack thereof) and do butterfly joints and pinless double jointed limbs.
User avatar
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}
Posts: 10166
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:12 pm

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:39 pm

I hope that we eventually get Steel-Spider, and the Joseph Wade Scarlet Spider. Both are easy to do.
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 11870
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: 2023 Spider-Man Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:20 pm

I like this wave and will greedily buy all of them. It would be icing on the cake to have Grizzly be the BAF. The Rose is a no brainer - a new head is all they needed. Finally that poor tiny Tarantula figure can be retired and replaced with an appropriate sized version.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”