X-Men Legends Ch'od BAF Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2023 X-Men Wave (Rumor)

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Been sick as shit the past couple days, making my disposition a bit shitty, but here's my take on the reveals.

Kid Omega - Of course they went with the cheap-out version. It's not that it's bad per-say, but they know it's not the version people that want Quentin want.

Monet - Unless the pics are all bad, that head sculpt is effed up. Bad. Still, I've got plenty of female head laying around I can swap with. Wow, that sounds morbid. :lol:

Cyclops (Astonishing) - Shocked they actually tooled his gold parts. That makes him much better imo.

Emma Frost (Astonishing) - Face does look off, but I like her for the most part. The older arms don't bother me much as the cape prevents any movement anyway.

Fang - Yes! Get the Imperial Guard going! Based on new stories, he should have come with a Daken head apparently.

Corsair— - About. Damn. Time! Gimme the full team, obviously

Chamber - Great figure! He will look great on the shelf.

Blob - Looks nice, but sure as hell ain't paying that price. Sale or bust.

Rogue - Pretty plain. She's a "wait for the sale" figure as well.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:59 pm

maschine9 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:34 pm
I'm waiting for the HD promo pictures so we can really see what's up with this wave.

Are they part of the pre-orders tomorrow?
I missed the end of the stream, but they hadn’t announced the BAF it’d be weird that they showed the whole wave and waited on the presale to reveal it.

Boo, I need those Pulse ultra zoom ins!
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:31 pm

Wouldn't mind being surprised if the BaF ended up being Warstar instead of Ch'od. And Ch'od was just a deluxe figure.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:04 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:59 pm
maschine9 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:34 pm
I'm waiting for the HD promo pictures so we can really see what's up with this wave.

Are they part of the pre-orders tomorrow?
I missed the end of the stream, but they hadn’t announced the BAF it’d be weird that they showed the whole wave and waited on the presale to reveal it.

Boo, I need those Pulse ultra zoom ins!
Haha. As far as I know Blob, Rogue and the 2 training/Uncanny 275 uni 3 packs go up for preorder tomorrow, just hadn’t heard if the unknown BAF X-wave does but I don’t believe it will.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:33 am

No, I think they're waiting for the BAF reveal.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: 2023 X-Men Wave

Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:31 pm

Question about Chamber. Never seen him before the figure reveal, so I've spent some time reading stories with him. In the stories I've read they sometimes show him with clothes over his lower face, neck, and chest, and sometimes he's shown looking like a normal human. How is he going back and forth between being disfigured and not?

Also are there clear pictures of what his lower head, neck, and chest look like? Been looking for that but haven't found it. What's gone or disfigured in his neck area--his skin? Muscles? Bone? Can't tell what's going on there, but I'm curious. The nature of mutation in evolution is that most would be completely undesirable, so for every Cyclops we get that is mostly a normal human I would think there would be thousands if not millions of weirdly mangled bodies--far more than we've ever seen among the Morlocks ranks. Even if we go with the Eternals seeding the X-gene on Earth and other planets replacing the idea that mutant powers could somehow arise naturally via evolution there should be at least SOME gruesome-looking mutants out there, so Chamber being one of those is intriguing.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:15 pm

If his face is restored you're seeing later stories that involved a cult of Apocalypse and a rejuvenation effort.

Or.

You're seeing AoA Chamber who didn't suffer that accident 616 Jono did.

Or.

I fell off of House of X and don't recall if they "fixed" Chamber there via their rebirth mechanic, but maybe, I said I dunno.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:35 pm

From what I remember, what was under the bandages when he first debuted was a gaping hole from where his mouth, throat, and chest used to be, and it emits psionic energy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen what it looks like on 616 Jonathan with a restored visage.
Jonan
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:34 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:31 pm
Question about Chamber. Never seen him before the figure reveal, so I've spent some time reading stories with him. In the stories I've read they sometimes show him with clothes over his lower face, neck, and chest, and sometimes he's shown looking like a normal human. How is he going back and forth between being disfigured and not?

Also are there clear pictures of what his lower head, neck, and chest look like? Been looking for that but haven't found it. What's gone or disfigured in his neck area--his skin? Muscles? Bone? Can't tell what's going on there, but I'm curious. The nature of mutation in evolution is that most would be completely undesirable, so for every Cyclops we get that is mostly a normal human I would think there would be thousands if not millions of weirdly mangled bodies--far more than we've ever seen among the Morlocks ranks. Even if we go with the Eternals seeding the X-gene on Earth and other planets replacing the idea that mutant powers could somehow arise naturally via evolution there should be at least SOME gruesome-looking mutants out there, so Chamber being one of those is intriguing.
There was a Weapon X series in 2002 where he was undercover for Wolverine (I think? It's been 20 years) as an agent on the inside and Weapon X was able to fix him up so he was mostly normal looking, kinda giving him that look he had in AOA. When his powers manifested in 616, they blew a hole through his upper chest area, neck, and mandible. Not sure how iffy things are about links on the forum, but there's a pretty good write-up and timeline for Chamber on the uncannyxmen .net website.
Kassle
CROM!

Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:06 am

I only follow ML loosely as they've had so much product over the years I could never keep up. But I was REALLY happy to see Monet - Generation X was a formative comic for me. I'm stoked to see the uniform (I always dug the colors) and I'm hoping this means we will see Husk (who was my favorite character).

I do agree the head initially seems on the smaller side - but I'm in agreement with another poster; I think the real issue is her upper chest area. It seems out of proportion and a teen chest-piece would've made more sense. Overall though, liking the head/face/hair and thrilled to see Monet!
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:50 am

Am I the only one that thinks Emma’s proportions look off? Her torso seems too slender to go with her legs. And her legs look fine, so I’m thinking her torso isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:22 am

I don't see it. Her legs seem a lil thicker than what they should be but I don't think she looks off in anyway.

My only issue with this Emma is her complexion. She looks very pale and almost resembles the original in this way. Other than that though I'm actually looking forward to this one.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:41 am

Especially in this picture. Her legs are more… curvy? Voluptuous? And her top leans toward waifish. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:07 am

Does she look like a pissed-off Madonna? I still can't quite figure out who she looks like.

I'm very surprised they sculpted that design on the tops of the heels - now they can't reuse those. But yet we can't have ONE sculpted thigh-high boot. I guess FA Storm got some. Okay- we got one that can't actually be reused.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:10 am

I don't really care what this Emma's head looks like, I care more as to whether the skin tone will match the short haired head that came with black suit Walgreens Emma. Never was was wowed by the Astonishing series, even though it was better than what came after it. Gen X Emma is really the last Emma Frost I think I'll need. Never was a fan of her arbitrary diamond mutation.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics