Possible Marvel Knights 2023 Wave (Rumor)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
KolobosRexx
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Possible Marvel Knights 2023 Wave (Rumor)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:18 pm

I'd definitely be down for some version of Iron Fist and Luke Cage, And of Course, Werewolf By Night and (literally any version) Dracula!! A "Modern" Daredevil is probably likely, and maybe (shudder) a "Hand"-Punisher... :evil: I'm hoping for literally ANY Moon Knight villains, and the Owl, for sure!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:55 pm

Are we getting two modern Daredevils (or two DDs at all) in the same year? Elektra in DD threads is already coming next year.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:33 pm

2023 is the 50th Anniversary for both Blade and Shang-Chi, so there's a possibility for some sort of celebration like both of them included in this wave.

Then there's this interesting little gem of a 12-issue series, released under the Marvel Knights banner, along with the Daredevil, Black Panther and Punisher titles at the time. Can you imagine if the rumors are true and we get Karnak in the Marvels wave and another Inhuman in this wave?
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:45 pm

KolobosRexx wrote:
I'd definitely be down for some version of Iron Fist and Luke Cage, And of Course, Werewolf By Night and (literally any version) Dracula!! A "Modern" Daredevil is probably likely, and maybe (shudder) a "Hand"-Punisher... :evil: I'm hoping for literally ANY Moon Knight villains, and the Owl, for sure!

I'd be all over every one of those! Except I won't let myself hope for MK villains—to protect myself from disappointment—even though Midnight Man might be the single easiest to produce character in all of Marvel.

(If you've given Jason Aaron's recent Punisher run a try, you can disregard this next part.)

I know that the premise—Frank Castle is put in charge of the Hand—turns a lot of people off, but the book has actually been quite good, in my opinion! The story wastes no time justifying why either party would go for it: for the Hand, a cult for whom killing is literally their religion, there's no better leader than the most prolific serial killer of all time; and Frank gets an army of killers to carry out his mission all across the globe. (And if that weren't enough incentive, there's also the Hand's ability to resurrect the dead to potentially sweeten the deal...)

But my favorite parts of the run have been when it delves into Frank's adolescence, showing the formative experiences that put this deeply broken person on the path to becoming the Punisher.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:38 am

So how many think they will throw that suited Moonknight in this wave? Maybe a brighter white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:29 am

psylocke wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:38 am
So how many think they will throw that suited Moonknight in this wave? Maybe a brighter white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They may simplify the texture on the suit for a more comic accurate Mr Knight.
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:38 am

Beamish wrote:2023 is the 50th Anniversary for both Blade and Shang-Chi, so there's a possibility for some sort of celebration like both of them included in this wave.

Then there's this interesting little gem of a 12-issue series, released under the Marvel Knights banner, along with the Daredevil, Black Panther and Punisher titles at the time. Can you imagine if the rumors are true and we get Karnak in the Marvels wave and another Inhuman in this wave?
I love that Inhumans series (and that cover)! We absolutely need the rest of the royal family.

Blade definitely deserves a redo (although I love my Mezco Blade and use it in my main display). But the Shang Chi figure isn't that old and it was pretty darn good. Do we really need a new one already?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:18 pm

KolobosRexx wrote:
I'd love to get Bushman; he'd be an easy Nuke repaint with a new head.
Littlemidget312
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:00 pm

Beamish wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:33 pm
2023 is the 50th Anniversary for both Blade and Shang-Chi, so there's a possibility for some sort of celebration like both of them included in this wave.

Not seeing Crystal’s name in the leaks is what prevented me from enjoying how good a lot of the comic stuff was. Hope this is true!
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:12 pm

West Coast Avengers era Moon Knight is another potential variant they could go with.

Especially since they've been banging out that team at a pretty decent pace recently.
Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:45 pm

But my favorite parts of the run have been when it delves into Frank's adolescence, showing the formative experiences that put this deeply broken person on the path to becoming the Punisher.
Wow that's a really great scene.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”