Spider-Man vs. Villains Five-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man vs. Villains Five-Pack

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:05 am

I don't really think I can blame Hasbro's ML team for this or not all of it.
Amazon has a price they will pay for something like this and Hasbro's ML team has to make it work and still be interesting to Marvel fans.
I mostly blame Amazon being a multibillion dollar company and wanting this set to be as cheap as it can be and still be enough.
MadMaxx
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:18 am

As much as I love the oddball characters like Razorback and Human Fly...I'm just running out of room for my Marvel stuff, and I can't imagine where I'd squeeze them in. Molten Man has been a big want for me, but this one is super disappointing. Just doesn't look right on that body--way undersized--and the color seems off. No interest in that Silvermane or the Symbiote Spidey. Might grab it if I see a good deal someday, and just sell off those two for sure. Hope they take a better shot at Molten Man in the Retro line.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:31 am

I'm fine with Razorback, Fly, and Silvermane.

Molten Man is too bright and small. At least give him the beefier Shang Chi shoulders

Teenage Ultimate Symbiote Spidey is a waste. Even a battle damaged regular Spidey would have been preferable.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:13 am

Well, if it's the same Ultron body that I used, for my Silvermane custom, then it's too short. He should be taller. Unless they gave it longer legs, and maybe arms. I think that it would've been better, on the BAF MCU Ultron body. Closer to the right body type, and height, in my opinion. Since he's supposed to be about 7 feet. On the body they used, he looks under 6 feet.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:37 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:10 pm
this 5 pack screams "Human Fly and Razorback were meant for the Into The Spider-verse wave, but since it got pushed back we quickly had to make some other figures to fill the void"
Y'know... I think there's something to this. Razorback and Fly have effort put into them. Molten Man is Sunfire with I think Grey Gargoyle's head? Their flattops are the same. Silvermane is silverlame.

IF Razorback and Fly were meant for the Spider-Verse wave, and that wave gets pushed back, is it more cost efficient to push them through in another format? Assuming they are already in production. So then Hasbro has to develop two new figures for their spots in the wave and change the new packaging (albeit very slightly with the new look).

I really wish they'd give us a peek at the production process these days. I'm really curious how all that juggling works BTS.

Also... all I know of Molten Man (aside from the not-really-him FFH) is the original ToyFare mailaway figure of him... which looked way more molten than this figure.
Mr Fiend
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:50 am

I really don’t get the hate for this set. They all look great to me!
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:02 am

Aleks wrote:
effigy wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:38 pm
Spider-man is a D lister? Lol. Go lie down and take a break.
Who cares about purple Ultimate Spider-Man from 2010 game Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions anymore? "D lister" suits him right.
2005 Ultimate Spider-Man game surely?
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:49 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:50 am
RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:46 pm
If you don't support 5 packs Hasbro will nix them and you'll never get X Factor or Outback X-Men.

:?

This is my fear, too. But Hasbro must know that poor sales here would be their own fault, right? It's literally five loosely connected repaints. It's like half a step up from last year's Wolverine set.

I'm glad we're getting four new characters in classic costumes, but a new mold here or there would be nice.
I was just joshing and I'm not even interested in the set, but it's certainly a concern I have. The last really successful 5 pack I can remember Hasbro releasing was the Black Order, and even that was mostly repaints.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:32 am

Thank God for things like this! I feel like too much product that I actually want is gonna drop all at once and I'm gonna get killed. It's nice to have things I actually want to skip.
MLNUT
Yells At Clouds

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am

Mr Fiend wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:50 am
I really don’t get the hate for this set. They all look great to me!
You need to see an eye Dr. pronto.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:09 pm

Diddy310 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:31 am
At least give him the beefier Shang Chi shoulders

Those shoulders ended up being too big for the Sunfire upper torso so I doubt we ever see them used with that mold again. As multiple reviewers demonstrated when you raise Shang-Chi's arms up if you don't press down on the deltoids the shoulders dig into them. I'm not sure what percentage of figures it applies to but it's pretty significant since I saw at least three reviews point it out, and my deltoids have dig marks in them too.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:22 pm

Much like the Wolverine set, I'll get this set is and when it goes on sale. I like the Ultimate Symbiote Spider-man, but I don't own any other ultimate spiderman figures other than a bootleg Green Goblin. The rest are just "meh" to me with Razirback being the 2nd most wanted.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

effigy
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:11 pm

RoyalCollector wrote:
If you don't support 5 packs Hasbro will nix them and you'll never get X Factor or Outback X-Men.

Fine with me. They put so little budget into these 5 packs, that I'd just as soon wait for the rest of X-Factor and Outback X-men to get proper releases whenever they get to them. At this rate, Angel will just be a re-painted fly. And they won't even change the wings.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:17 pm

This is a deep cut of a 5 pack which I have no interest in, but I really like the box art. I hope there is a lot of interest in these figures for those that have been wanting these baddies.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:40 pm

effigy wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:11 pm
RoyalCollector wrote:

Fine with me. They put so little budget into these 5 packs, that I'd just as soon wait for the rest of X-Factor and Outback X-men to get proper releases whenever they get to them. At this rate, Angel will just be a re-painted fly. And they won't even change the wings.
Goddamn Hasblow!!!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”