Spider-Man vs. Villains Five-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Demjot
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Spider-Man vs. Villains Five-Pack

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:48 pm

I've been fairly disappointed with Hasbro recently. Feels like they've been doing a lot of repainting without much thought going into it. Recoloring base bodies is fine, but with the price hikes, give me *some* value please.
hbprops
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:55 pm

Whitlow wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:46 pm
So, is this set going up for pre-order on Tuesday, August 12 as shown in Hasbro’s group shot promo or tomorrow at 1pm ET as recently reported by JayC over on Marvelousnews?
The set isn’t going up until 8/16, at 1 pm EST. If Jay C said differently, he’s incorrect.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:02 pm

I'm in for this!
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:03 pm

Molten Man's really had 2 looks. The scale-undies like Namor with bare feet, and the normal undies with the belt shown without bare feet. So this one is accurate, and I don't really have a problem with his size. Human fly and Razorback hit my nostalgia big-time, though H.F. could have been on a body with at least shoulder hinges.

Silvermane is the biggest failure imo. I think almost everyone who got the RC car head one and had one of those crappy old Ultron's made what they gave us. The new arms don't add much, if anything, to the figure.

I'm a sucker for black suit Spidey, so I'll happily take him. He's just an alternate (ultimate) version, and I have a huge Spidey shelf.

People don't like the set? That's cool. Just like it's cool that I like most of it.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:10 pm

this 5 pack screams "Human Fly and Razorback were meant for the Into The Spider-verse wave, but since it got pushed back we quickly had to make some other figures to fill the void"

- Silvermane NEVER looked good on the Beetle body even when people were kitbashing it the bubbles, the feet... just awful.

- Molten Man is on the wrong body, and looks cheap as hell. They should of just reproduced the Ex Nihilo body....

very disappointed in these 2 after waiting 22 years for them.

I'd rather they have just done Spot, and Willow The Wisp and called it a day... just simple repaints (That would have worked)
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:23 pm

Love the characters but what a bunch of lazy rrpaints. Compare these to Mcfarlane who has all new sculpts each time and at a lower price point. I scratch my head
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:45 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:10 pm
- Molten Man is on the wrong body, and looks cheap as hell. They should of just reproduced the Ex Nihilo body....
I hope they never use that body again. It looks like someone looked at the Liefeld Captain America art and yelled "Hold my beer! I can make that in 3D!!" That chest is the worst sculpt they've done in the "modern" era.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:00 pm

This set will sell for 35 dollars on a cybermonday a couple years from now.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:01 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:Wait...that Molten Man head is Nuke's head, isn't it? That's why it looks so comically oversized for the body; they took a big beefy guy's head sculpt and put it on the Sunfire mold. Ugh. :evil:
I was pretty sure Dwight said during the stream that it was a new head? It does look very familiar though.

Molten Man is such a simple design there’s a loooot riding on getting his color right. They really nailed it on the Far From Home BAF, which I love and kept in spite of not really having a hole for it. I wish they’d got the same coloration here.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 pm

I probably could have (mostly) forgiven the Sunfire body being reused for Molten Man had they reused the Retro Human Torch figure's forearms for the flame sculpts, but they couldn't even do that right.
kltpzyxm
Super Poseable

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:52 pm

And looks like I'm just getting Human Fly loose through trade or 3Bay later...sigh
DaThing
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:55 pm

I felt like this Molten Man looked a little plain and then I realized what was wrong. I have the image of him from the cover of Amazing Spider-Man 133 burned into my brain. He could have used a little texture to make him pop but I get why they didn't.
MLNUT
Yells At Clouds

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:35 pm

I think the ONLY Spider-Man related figure I still need is an Aunt May so I have no need for this set.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:50 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:46 pm
If you don't support 5 packs Hasbro will nix them and you'll never get X Factor or Outback X-Men.

:?

This is my fear, too. But Hasbro must know that poor sales here would be their own fault, right? It's literally five loosely connected repaints. It's like half a step up from last year's Wolverine set.

I'm glad we're getting four new characters in classic costumes, but a new mold here or there would be nice.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:02 am

I'm sold.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”