Disney+ Wave 4

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 4

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:45 pm

Honestly, I have to keep reminding myself about the new math too. This wave is $175! And when postage was lower, along with gas prices, it was no problem letting these guys go for what's probably a great deal for the buyer. But now it's like i am just a host for eBay and the postal service. It's cheaper to just throw the figure in a bin. Or, you know, skip it heh.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:07 pm

Threash wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:17 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:53 pm
I don't know of anyone else who offers the BAFs like that, but it would be great to find another source. Maybe on Aliexpress eventually?
Threash wrote:

Damn, 90 for the BAF? you might as well buy the whole wave and sell off the loose figures, You'd do a lot better than that.
That used to be my mentality too but with what I'm able to sell things on ebay for anymore, $90 for the BAF is a deal.
Probably right, I still think of them as 20 dollar figures and whole waves as being around 125 shipped. Obviously not the case any more.
Yep, I don't see a lot of these figures being in very high demand. After shipping and fees, you might.......MIGHT make a couple of bucks back on some of them. These figures just aren't worth what they're asking. I think for much of ML, you'll never get your money back.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:31 pm

I think with the new prices all big box store marvel legends are bound to get clearanced now. It’s more of a matter if you don’t want to wait. Even the ones I want, I don’t want for $25. So I’ll play the waiting game.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Target has Fall sales every year, so if the pre-orders hold up we should be able to get this wave for 25% to 33% off from them.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:08 pm

hurricanebtvs wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:54 pm
I almost never bag on Hasbro for choices. But I'm sorry, why did anyone think that Red Skull was needed?
i actually think this wave is pretty solid, red skull is my only "meh" which is pretty unusual for me to only have 1 of that in a wave

but it's a nice 4/4 split of cartoon and live action

1) Wanda is easily the most important zombie of what if
2) Ironman looks great, popular character will look great with cap
3) Loki (fantastic)
4) Jimmy (awesome and hilarious)
5) Konshu (stunning perfection)
6) Red Skull (only real "meh" of the wave)
7) He Who Remains (amazing)
8) Howard the Duck (looks great, doubles as comic version too as he often looks identical to that)
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:14 pm

e-rock wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:24 pm
With this wave revealed, that makes me list from the shows down to:

WV - Agatha Harkness, Darcy, Monica (despite likely getting a new Marvels costume)
FATWS - Karli Morgenthaeu, Battlestar, Batroc, red/white falcon
Loki - Ravonna, Miss Minutes, Aligator Loki, Boastful Loki, Kid Loki
Hawkeye- Jack, Yelena, Echo, save non hawaiian shirt kingpin for echo/dd
MK - Arthur Harrow, Scarlet Scarab, Ammett
WI - Ramonda, Zola, Widow, Gamora, thor (we gotta complete the team since they started it)
MM - Red Dagger

In the cases of Kingpin, Echo, Yelena, and Agatha I can take other versions and call it a day. I don't need multiple figures or all the looks, so I can wait for future appearances and be fine. <--- This though, i really need the wanda vision look for agatha.. if she gets another, im still going to want the WV look
fixed :-P
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 pm

e-rock wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:23 pm
The next wave is prob going to more closely mirror the 3rd wave. Meaning combining a few newer shows like She-Hulk and Secret Invasion and maybe another. But we still get a make up figure or 2 in that wave like we did Sharon in wave 3. So I am thinking Darcy could end up there. Or maybe we get some D+ exclusives. So far doesn't seem like either D+ wave has had an exclusive.
yeah i expect more she-hulk stuff in the next wave since it will be a bit after the show. then probably fillers from other seasons. Honestly wave 5 should mostly be catch-up with 1 or 2 secret wars figures... and then we will probably see wave 6 consisting of secret wars, Echo, and loki season 2

when's what if Season 2 coming? it will put a damper on catch-up figures for live action when it hits lol
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:38 pm

fac wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:46 pm
Yeah, I wasn't talking about a cameo scene for Darcy, more like her level of involvement in WandaVision. Something where a figure might be appropriate for a new series, so she is being held off for that. As noted, she is more integral than Woo at this point.
i think it's safe to say we will see darcy again.. probably in Wonder-Man
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm
Oh no, I think we all know it's a given that if/when they do a Darcy figure, she will have an inaccurate body shape.
honestly... darcy would probably be easy to do with an overlay.. it might not be the correct body shape underneath but give her a bulky jacket and it would do wonders (she wears bulky clothes often anyway)
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:35 pm
I know the What If and other animated shows have their fans/collectors, and I'm not trying to say they should stop making those figures, but maybe they're gonna need three Disney Plus waves next year? (I say this while completely aware some collectors in the What's New thread feel Disney plus already has too many waves.)

2021 had four shows spread across two waves, and a fifth show with characters still not released in the third wave/first 2022 wave.

2022 had/will have three shows crammed into one wave shared with two from a 2022 show. Then this makeup wave.

So if we're going with the fifth wave being live action and the sixth being animated (since what if season 2 IS coming), we have five live action shows next year to share those two waves with the animated stuff. Secret Invasion, Echo, and Loki season 2 in the first that of the year make sense for sharing one wave (along with, presumably, some She Hulk leftovers), then Ironheart and Agatha in the second half. I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to think that wave will be five animated figures with Agatha and Riri as the last two in the wave. Then Abomination as the BAF. Ugh. Yes that's exactly it. Any supporting characters or antagonists will be for later or fall to the wayside I guess.
this is actually why i like this 50/50 split its allowing the cartoon and live action (and thus fans of both) get things they want sooner.

i gotta admit it would really suck if this was an all cartoon wave and i had to wait 6 to 9 months for another MCU D+ wave with live action figures in it. I'd rather get some now than nothing.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:48 pm

Slixta wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:23 am
It's also crazy that we're going to have this entire wave available for Pre-Order before Wave 3.
well technically Dorkside and a few other sites that sell the whole wave as a bundle, have had the whole wave up despite she hulk not being up individually, for quite some time.

but it is very odd she-hulk hasn't went up yet. id wager it's mandated for one of those "release the merch" days marvel does with the shows more often than not.

marvel.com will post the legend figure and a bunch of she-hulk merch for pre-order right away the day after the show premiers on the 19th, i'm sure of it.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:07 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:31 pm
I think with the new prices all big box store marvel legends are bound to get clearanced now. It’s more of a matter if you don’t want to wait. Even the ones I want, I don’t want for $25. So I’ll play the waiting game.
Exactly. And given the fact that we are talking about a pretty old toy line that has every character that matters under its belt many times over, you have to wonder how much longer it can last if this mentality sticks. Personally, I'm not going to pay this MSRP unless it's something I really, really want. And I honestly have a hard time thinking of a character I really, really want.

(I don't mean for this to be a doomsday comment, and please, I know I alluded to there not being that many more characters to make, but that was not a wish list invite :D ).
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:10 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 pm

when's what if Season 2 coming? it will put a damper on catch-up figures for live action when it hits lol
I don't think they said anything official beyond "early 2023". So. Yeah.

And it's been renewed for a third season so we get to have this every year.
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm
Oh no, I think we all know it's a given that if/when they do a Darcy figure, she will have an inaccurate body shape.
honestly... darcy would probably be easy to do with an overlay.. it might not be the correct body shape underneath but give her a bulky jacket and it would do wonders (she wears bulky clothes often anyway)
Solid idea, and I guess actually probably what they'll do too.
spideyboy1111 wrote: this is actually why i like this 50/50 split its allowing the cartoon and live action (and thus fans of both) get things they want sooner.

i gotta admit it would really suck if this was an all cartoon wave and i had to wait 6 to 9 months for another MCU D+ wave with live action figures in it. I'd rather get some now than nothing.
And I do get that, but for me I'd rather wait longer if it means easier ordering. I have X amount of fun money per year, so if they don't give me any waves I'm into this year, then next year it's wall to wall, full waves I gotta have em all, then financially it works out the same as only getting half the stuff each year... But also makes it a lot easier for the BAFs etc. And I know we have discussed selling figures or pieces on eBay but that idea is right on the verge of not being an option anymore for me. I guess it always comes down to the BAFs for me.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:27 am

Slixta wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:56 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:57 pm
Spoiler! :
Well, she is RUMORED for Secret Invasion. I don't think anything official or even set sightings have occurred. You never know though.
Otherwise, I guess it's the Sgt. Pepper outfit she had on as the best hope for a figure...
No that's new sculpting that would be required.

She'll more than likely be this...

...which is exactly what I want anyway.

Agatha would need to be all new sculpting...

...and it'd be a beautiful sculpt. I pray they don't start that soft goods bullshit with the MCU figures anytime soon.
Gosh, don't scare me like this!! How horrible would it be if we waited all this time to see this beautifully sculpted Agatha and they switch to that cheap soft goods crap and she comes in a tiny purple potato sack! I would literally seek out the Darkhold and come for Hasbro lol.
Nik
CROM!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:27 am
Slixta wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:56 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:57 pm
Spoiler! :
Well, she is RUMORED for Secret Invasion. I don't think anything official or even set sightings have occurred. You never know though.
Otherwise, I guess it's the Sgt. Pepper outfit she had on as the best hope for a figure...
No that's new sculpting that would be required.

She'll more than likely be this...

...which is exactly what I want anyway.

Agatha would need to be all new sculpting...

...and it'd be a beautiful sculpt. I pray they don't start that soft goods bullshit with the MCU figures anytime soon.
Gosh, don't scare me like this!! How horrible would it be if we waited all this time to see this beautifully sculpted Agatha and they switch to that cheap soft goods crap and she comes in a tiny purple potato sack! I would literally seek out the Darkhold and come for Hasbro lol.
Black Series Admiral Holdo just bubbled up from the dark recesses of my memory like hot bile.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”