Disney+ Wave 4

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 4

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Oh no, I think we all know it's a given that if/when they do a Darcy figure, she will have an inaccurate body shape.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:35 pm

I know the What If and other animated shows have their fans/collectors, and I'm not trying to say they should stop making those figures, but maybe they're gonna need three Disney Plus waves next year? (I say this while completely aware some collectors in the What's New thread feel Disney plus already has too many waves.)

2021 had four shows spread across two waves, and a fifth show with characters still not released in the third wave/first 2022 wave.

2022 had/will have three shows crammed into one wave shared with two from a 2022 show. Then this makeup wave.

So if we're going with the fifth wave being live action and the sixth being animated (since what if season 2 IS coming), we have five live action shows next year to share those two waves with the animated stuff. Secret Invasion, Echo, and Loki season 2 in the first that of the year make sense for sharing one wave (along with, presumably, some She Hulk leftovers), then Ironheart and Agatha in the second half. I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to think that wave will be five animated figures with Agatha and Riri as the last two in the wave. Then Abomination as the BAF. Ugh. Yes that's exactly it. Any supporting characters or antagonists will be for later or fall to the wayside I guess.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:37 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
I know the What If and other animated shows have their fans/collectors, and I'm not trying to say they should stop making those figures, but maybe they're gonna need three Disney Plus waves next year? (I say this while completely aware some collectors in the What's New thread feel Disney plus already has too many waves.)

2021 had four shows spread across two waves, and a fifth show with characters still not released in the third wave/first 2022 wave.

2022 had/will have three shows crammed into one wave shared with two from a 2022 show. Then this makeup wave.

So if we're going with the fifth wave being live action and the sixth being animated (since what if season 2 IS coming), we have five live action shows next year to share those two waves with the animated stuff. Secret Invasion, Echo, and Loki season 2 in the first that of the year make sense for sharing one wave (along with, presumably, some She Hulk leftovers), then Ironheart and Agatha in the second half. I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to think that wave will be five animated figures with Agatha and Riri as the last two in the wave. Then Abomination as the BAF. Ugh. Yes that's exactly it. Any supporting characters or antagonists will be for later or fall to the wayside I guess.
My hope was and is for the Zombies show, they would make a 5 pack or something. I don't hate them existing. But I do wish they were not in the wave taking a slot.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:15 am

I'll be curious to see what they do once X-Men '97, Marvel Zombies, What if, and Spider-man Freshman Year are all dropping.

Surely they don't think these animated figures need to be anchored by MCU figures, look at D+ wave 2 it only had Sylvie in it. No shade towards Sylvie but I'm sure she wasn't what sold all those What if figures.

Anyways, back to Darcy haha. If they put her in the bulky black jacket she wears in most of Wandavision then they can probably get away with their typical skinny torso mold as long as they sculpt her jacket right. But it'll look silly with skinny legs and that's my fear. I know Hasbro can do thicker legs because I've seen it on their comic females and I think Endgame Valkyrie does too. (It could be an illusion with her skirt piece) The point is, it seems like they'd have the parts already needed for a body accurate Darcy. For the most part. I can't help but notice not one of the over 100 MCU characters made has glasses. I wonder if it'll be Darcy or Murdock who gets there first. Matt's red frames will likely be easier to convey. 6 inch clear lenses don't always come out great. But I have seen it done well before.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:16 am

e-rock wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

My hope was and is for the Zombies show, they would make a 5 pack or something. I don't hate them existing. But I do wish they were not in the wave taking a slot.

Especially when they love swapping the BAFs like this
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:56 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:57 pm
Spoiler! :
Well, she is RUMORED for Secret Invasion. I don't think anything official or even set sightings have occurred. You never know though.
Otherwise, I guess it's the Sgt. Pepper outfit she had on as the best hope for a figure...
No that's new sculpting that would be required.

She'll more than likely be this...

...which is exactly what I want anyway.

Agatha would need to be all new sculpting...

...and it'd be a beautiful sculpt. I pray they don't start that soft goods bullshit with the MCU figures anytime soon.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:58 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:59 pm
Oh no, I think we all know it's a given that if/when they do a Darcy figure, she will have an inaccurate body shape.
Exactly just look at Ms. Marvel
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:03 am

I really hope that we never get a wave like Wave 3 ever again.

Four new shows in one wave is too much.

I hope they go back to the way the first wave was, just three shows (but eff that BS BAF).
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:22 am

Or... maybe each show should simply get its own release. Doesn't necessarily have to be seven different figures plus a BAF (but the BAF VALUE better still be part of the overall package). I actually don't know enough about future show cast members to properly convey this idea, so I'll use an old one.

Holding the Hawkeyes in a wave with She-Hulk was not smart. Clint and Kate could have been shipped to stores in a case of eight - four Clint, four Kate. Or, better, a third character - 3 Clint, 3 Kate, 2 Echo/Yelena/whoever. Or 3 Wanda, 3 Vision, 2 Agatha. Include more characters if possible, but I don't know why they aren't treating each series more like a movie release with more targeted merchandise releases. Then, continue to release waves that are current and catch-up, and if they time out then release your main characters there. I know timing is still out of everyone's hands (when they don't airlift).
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:23 am

Also, who else is putting Jimmy right with the Ant-Man characters? He's never going near Wanda or Vision.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 am

i’m growing on the idea of having a little zombie avengers team, that & wanting a version of captain carter might just make me cave and start collecting the animated figures, especially if i’m gonna need to get baf parts.

Both zombie figures look great and I appreciate the new tooling, I’d definitely be interested in a zombie hawkeye.

Watched the live stream and hasbro hinted at a WV Agatha & MOM Scarlet Witch. I hope they do a 2-pack. Hopefully Sw would have new tooling to be accurate. a darkhold accessory, & i think both should have alternative hands like the classic loki figure
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:22 am

JPC wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:23 am
Also, who else is putting Jimmy right with the Ant-Man characters? He's never going near Wanda or Vision.
I thought he was much better on WandaVision to be honest.

I'd have a hard time not sticking Darcy there too, especially because we don't have a Selvig or an actual Jane (even though I have my custom).
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:23 am

It's also crazy that we're going to have this entire wave available for Pre-Order before Wave 3.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:05 pm

Howard the Duck with statue legs and a small BAF part for $25 is peak Hasbro 2022.
PopZeus
HULK SMASH!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 pm

It's weird that wave 3 isn't fully available for pre-order but wave 4 is.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”