Disney+ Wave 4

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 4

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm

Looks like a great wave for MCU fans though I'm really only interested in the BAF. They really knocked it outta the park on this one.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:25 pm

If they do her Sgt. Pepper outfit I'll be so upset. She'll likely only ever get one figure and if wasted on a look that doesn't fully represent the character it'll be as disappointing as shirtless Pepper!! I need my Darcy in all black with an alternate beanie head and a bag of baked lays thank you!
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:57 pm

I'd switch those BAFs but you're probably right. Thank god for Dorkside and their loose BAFs.

And I take it you're holding Monica back for The Marvels?
Spoiler! :
Supposedly she is going to have both the trench coat look and her white suit like during Secret Wars in The Marvels, but I wonder if she'll also have one of those in Secret Invasion. In which case, I hope they put that in the Disney Plus wave as well.
Yea I'd switch the BAFs too but I know how Hasbro works unfortunately.
Spoiler! :
Yea, I'm betting we don't see a Monica figure until The Marvels. I read that rumor too and now I don't know which outfit I'd want more! Obviously I'll likely want the one that is featured more in the MCU but if I had to choose, seeing her in the classic white would be super awesome! I read her wing things are gonna be energy instead of a part of her suit so I'd love to see how the team would pull that off. Now, if they dont include the energy wings in figure form then just give me the trench coat look. Better yet, if the looks are similar enogh make the jacket removable with alternate arms and heads and maybe we could have both looks!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:43 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
If they do her Sgt. Pepper outfit I'll be so upset. She'll likely only ever get one figure and if wasted on a look that doesn't fully represent the character it'll be as disappointing as shirtless Pepper!! I need my Darcy in all black with an alternate beanie head and a bag of baked lays thank you!
To be fair, for Pepper we got Rescue and that is the figure of her I would have wanted. Same for Jane now as Thor. If we only get 1, I got what I would have wanted.

I do hope Darcy gets her more standard look. Pairs better with the Thor shelf or with Jimmy Woo.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Yeah that would be the ideal Darcy.

Though I STILL hope... Maybe Thor 5, I dunno... But in the comics there was a point where Loki was inhabiting Sif's body if I remember correctly, and this was during Dark Reign when Loki was 'Lady Loki'. And I've posted this on fwoosh before but my hope would be a side plot in Thor 5 where Darcy isn't acting like herself, then in the last act she goes full-on horned helmet, tight green outfit with furry cape, and it turns out Loki had found a way back but is inhabiting Darcy. THAT should also warrant a figure.
e-rock wrote: To be fair, for Pepper we got Rescue and that is the figure of her I would have wanted. Same for Jane now as Thor. If we only get 1, I got what I would have wanted.

I do hope Darcy gets her more standard look. Pairs better with the Thor shelf or with Jimmy Woo.
I'm the same way with hero versions of supporting characters.
JoshuaKat wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:57 pm

I'd switch those BAFs but you're probably right. Thank god for Dorkside and their loose BAFs.

And I take it you're holding Monica back for The Marvels?
Spoiler! :
Supposedly she is going to have both the trench coat look and her white suit like during Secret Wars in The Marvels, but I wonder if she'll also have one of those in Secret Invasion. In which case, I hope they put that in the Disney Plus wave as well.
Yea I'd switch the BAFs too but I know how Hasbro works unfortunately.
Spoiler! :
Yea, I'm betting we don't see a Monica figure until The Marvels. I read that rumor too and now I don't know which outfit I'd want more! Obviously I'll likely want the one that is featured more in the MCU but if I had to choose, seeing her in the classic white would be super awesome! I read her wing things are gonna be energy instead of a part of her suit so I'd love to see how the team would pull that off. Now, if they dont include the energy wings in figure form then just give me the trench coat look. Better yet, if the looks are similar enogh make the jacket removable with alternate arms and heads and maybe we could have both looks!
Spoiler! :
you know, that's probably exactly what it is. It will be the same suit throughout the movie but with a coat over it for the first act. At the end she loses the coat and goes full on Photon with the energy wings and all.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 pm

They had me at Jimmy Woo. Khonshu is absolutely amazing.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 pm

Was really hoping this would be an Agatha reveal, Half the wave being animated is a disappointment, especially since you need them to collect Khonshu. Are many collectors enjoying the animated figures?

Does anyone feel like they swapped the infinity Ultron and Khonshu baf around? Kinda irritating hasbro has a live action baf in a majority animated wave and a animated baf in an entirely live action wave.

I’m saying that the animated figures all look great except Howard imo. Khonshu & classic Loki are the highlights for me
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:03 pm

The box art looks like Jimmy, but the actual photographed sample of Jimmy has a squashed face. It's the wrong face shape and barely resembles Randall Park at all.

Wanda should have gotten an alt hair down head, but I guess we have the new Sentry for that look - his hair has always made me think of Zombie Wanda. Surprised they tooled new arms for that look.

Disappointed there is only one female in this wave. I don't want the Zombies, and I already own that Red Skull (the last time they made me buy a figure with prop). If we have to get more characters from the Peggy ep the one I would have wanted would be Steve.

They did do a great job on Khonshu's neck - that looks really cool, like the moonlight is shining through. But let's be honest - they'll re-release Khonshu for Moon Knight S2, probably in a pack with the hippo thing, or crocodile, or Jake with exclusive Oscar Isaac face. :rolleyes: So I'm in no rush for any of these characters to be on my shelf.

Now if Woo was Darcy? I'd preorder two.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
Does anyone feel like they swapped the infinity Ultron and Khonshu baf around? Kinda irritating hasbro has a live action baf in a majority animated wave and a animated baf in an entirely live action wave.
To be fair, Khonshu is just as animated a character as Infinity Ultron. Just rendered more realistically. :)

And they probably hadn't locked the design for him when Wave 3 went into production.

But yes, I wish they were swapped. I have a spot for Infinity Ultron, but would have been fine skipping him.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:06 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
Was really hoping this would be an Agatha reveal, Half the wave being animated is a disappointment, especially since you need them to collect Khonshu. Are many collectors enjoying the animated figures?

I’m saying that the animated figures all look great except Howard imo. Khonshu & classic Loki are the highlights for me
I dont love the animated figures much either. I honestly wish the Zombies had been saved for that show in a couple years if it were up to me. But I don't begrudge them here because they are the obvious cost cutters, and He Who Remains, Jimmy, and Khonshu all look amazing and just those alone got me excited for the wave. The wave 3 selection is overall better, but this wave has the 2 D+ figures I am most excited about (HWR and Khonshu)
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:09 pm

Rawr993 wrote:
I think the What If figures were popular with a lot of comic only collectors. Particularly Captain Carter and Zombie Cap. Besides a lot of people like the Marvel Zombies comics so they'll sell to that crowd as well.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:15 pm

Ugh that's a good point with the BAFs. I'm getting five of the figures for wave 3 and if Khonshu had been the BAF there, I probably would have just gone for the wave at that point. Ah well Hasbro. Ah well.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:37 pm

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:29 pm
If we do get more "WandaVision" figures, I'm curious if the next five-pack could be a Halloween boxed set of Wanda, Vision, Pietro, Tommy and Billy. A new figure of Agatha Harkness has to be a lock at some point, since she's getting her own Disney+ series later.
I know that was from another thread but thought I'd pull it into this discussion: I was thinking along similar lines but if Hasbro really does has an aversion to children figures, maybe instead of Billy and Tommy, such a set could have Agatha in full witch regalia and, I'm sorry guys, Darcy in her Sgt. Pepper outfit.

An alternate could be a Halloween themed set with the title couple with stuff from the actual Halloween special, but that is probably a stretch to mix shows in a box set like that.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:40 pm

Wait. I just realized this wave goes up for preorder tomorrow. So how are we gonna get wave 4 on preorder before the completion of wave 3 (She-Hulk) haha. I'm sure it's a "wait for the show" kinda thing but still. I just hope wave 3 ships as soon as she goes up which could be as soon as next Thursday.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:45 pm

All this talk about Darcy, I’m worried hasbro won’t get her right. They have not been the best about women that don’t fit the bodies they already have. Maybe they’ll surprise us and that’s why it’s taking them so long to do it, but I have a hard time seeing hasbro dedicate the tooling to do it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”