Disney+ Wave 4

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 4

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:00 am

Didn't they say around the Holidays?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 am

e-rock wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:00 am
Didn't they say around the Holidays?
I'm not sure, but I now see Ryan referred to it as "the second Disney Plus wave", so I'm guessing he means 'of the year', so you're probably right.

Either, I'm ready to try and get the loose BAF at Dorkside...
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:36 am

I really hope this is a full catch up wave. If it comes out before the end of the year it could include characters from any of the following:

Wandavision
F&TWS
Loki
What if
Hawkeye
Moonknight
Ms Marvel
She-Hulk
I am Groot
Guardians Holiday
Werewolf by Night (Is that still coming?)

If this is a ctach up wave I'm gonna count out Groot and the 2 Holiday shows.

While Loki and F&TWS still have plenty of characters to do (Karli, Batroc, Battlestar, Val, Kid Loki, Ravonna, Hunter B15, other variant Lokis)
I'd rather see the love get spread out a little more. Both these shows have had plenty of attention.

Wandavision really boils down to 3 characters. Darcy, Jimmy and Agatha. Monica is obviously going to be worth the wait for The Marvels and a Ralph Bohner would just infuriate me. Sure we can wait on Agatha but that outfit is bound to change and I'd prefer this specific look.

Hawkeye has a lot of characters that I'd rather them wait on like Echo, Kingpin, and Yelena. I know a lot of people want Yelena from this show but I can see her figure easily getting replaced in the future with a newer version so it'd just take a spot from another character. Jack and Eleanor would be great but I also feel like maybe we have to wait and see where those characters go in the future.

Moonknight obviously has plenty of figure worthy characters. While the God's would be great to have (at the very least we definitely need Konshu) the only characters that immediately come to mind are Harrow and Layla.

Ms Marvel and She-Hulk start to cross the line of rather or not they should be considered "catch up" those earlier shows really should be filled out first. Ms Marvel is gonna have a hard time getting her core characters in figure form because so many of them are civilians so I'm not even gonna hold my breath. But I do hope we see her family and friends one day. The villians were throw away characters and while I welcome any new character they would be at the very bottom of my list.

I can tell you straight out the gate were not getting a Titania figure any time soon and I'm already mad about it. I just know it in my gut. I'd love to get a Bruce Banner and would be over the moon if Abomination were the BAF (he's the most likely out of the 3) and God help me if a spot gets wasted on freaking Daredevil in She-Hulk before his OWN EIGHTEEN episode show I'll be pretty upset. The hype for him is overshadowing poor She-Hulk and I don't wanna see him take a spot that can go towards a character that actually relates to her show a little better.

Worst case scenario to fill out this wave is any additional What if figures, re-do of already made characters (like the did with SDCC Loki), or Groot lol.

Best case scenario and realistically leaving Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk off the "catch up" wave would be any of these...
Darcy
Jimmy
Agatha
Layla
Harrow
Ravonna
B15
Batroc
BAF Konshu
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:52 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
As far as I know. It has still not been officially announced but has been shot and I think is in post-production now. I expect it to be announced in exactly one month.
JoshuaKat wrote: Agatha ... that outfit is bound to change and I'd prefer this specific look.
You're probably right, but maybe not. It could be something where they do really minor changes but the essence of the character has been found already.
JoshuaKat wrote: Hawkeye has a lot of characters that I'd rather them wait on like Echo, Kingpin, and Yelena. I know a lot of people want Yelena from this show but I can see her figure easily getting replaced in the future with a newer version so it'd just take a spot from another character. Jack and Eleanor would be great but I also feel like maybe we have to wait and see where those characters go in the future.
I am one who wants Yelena from this show, but I also still want a more accurate looking Yelena from Black Widow. I'm sure she'll show up again in the future but still want those two versions.
JoshuaKat wrote: Moonknight obviously has plenty of figure worthy characters. While the God's would be great to have (at the very least we definitely need Konshu) the only characters that immediately come to mind are Harrow and Layla.
Yeah, Layla seems like the most figure-worthy to me. Harrow was an interesting villain but visually doesn't do a lot for me. The gods are kinda the opposite, heh.
JoshuaKat wrote: Ms Marvel and She-Hulk start to cross the line of rather or not they should be considered "catch up" those earlier shows really should be filled out first. Ms Marvel is gonna have a hard time getting her core characters in figure form becaus2e so many of them are civilians so I'm not even gonna hold my breath. But I do hope we see her family and friends one day. The villians were throw away characters and while I welcome any new character they would be at the very bottom of my list.
I'd definitely consider them 'catch-up' given when this wave is likely to hit. Technically, yes, She Hulk characters will have been out. But either way, I will be very surprised if there isn't at least ONE She Hulk character in the wave.
JoshuaKat wrote: I can tell you straight out the gate were not getting a Titania figure any time soon and I'm already mad about it.
I actually am too. If for no other reason, I will definitely get the MCU version of anyone who appeared in the original Secret Wars, no question.
JoshuaKat wrote: I just know it in my gut. I'd love to get a Bruce Banner and would be over the moon if Abomination were the BAF (he's the most likely out of the 3) and God help me if a spot gets wasted on freaking Daredevil in She-Hulk before his OWN EIGHTEEN episode show I'll be pretty upset. The hype for him is overshadowing poor She-Hulk and I don't wanna see him take a spot that can go towards a character that actually relates to her show a little better.
I'm VERY excited for Daredevil to appear on the show, and over the moon about his own lengthy show, but yeah... I don't really want a yellow version. If it has a great Matt head, I'd consider it then keep the one from his show masked at least. But yeah, Titania, Banner, or Abomination would be better for me too. I want all three very much.
JoshuaKat wrote: Worst case scenario to fill out this wave is any additional What if figures, re-do of already made characters (like the did with SDCC Loki), or Groot lol.
I get that, but to me it's almost the best case. I already know I don't want almost half this wave, but I'm prepared to do what I have to for the BAF, assuming it's someone I gotta have. If the entire wave is full of stuff I don't want, including the BAF, I'd be pretty happy. But I also don't think I have a full wave from any point anymore anyway, so I'm not really one to get thrilled about seven figures anyway. Nope, that's a lie, Eternals.
JoshuaKat wrote: Best case scenario and realistically leaving Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk off the "catch up" wave would be any of these...
Darcy
Jimmy
Agatha
Layla
Harrow
Ravonna
B15
Batroc
BAF Konshu
I think any of those would be awesome, especially with a Khonshu BAF. Even though I don't want it, I think that would make an amazing figure.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:58 am

Spoiler! :
Ru_1977 wrote:
JoshuaKat wrote:
As far as I know. It has still not been officially announced but has been shot and I think is in post-production now. I expect it to be announced in exactly one month.
JoshuaKat wrote: Agatha ... that outfit is bound to change and I'd prefer this specific look.
You're probably right, but maybe not. It could be something where they do really minor changes but the essence of the character has been found already.
JoshuaKat wrote: Hawkeye has a lot of characters that I'd rather them wait on like Echo, Kingpin, and Yelena. I know a lot of people want Yelena from this show but I can see her figure easily getting replaced in the future with a newer version so it'd just take a spot from another character. Jack and Eleanor would be great but I also feel like maybe we have to wait and see where those characters go in the future.
I am one who wants Yelena from this show, but I also still want a more accurate looking Yelena from Black Widow. I'm sure she'll show up again in the future but still want those two versions.
JoshuaKat wrote: Moonknight obviously has plenty of figure worthy characters. While the God's would be great to have (at the very least we definitely need Konshu) the only characters that immediately come to mind are Harrow and Layla.
Yeah, Layla seems like the most figure-worthy to me. Harrow was an interesting villain but visually doesn't do a lot for me. The gods are kinda the opposite, heh.
JoshuaKat wrote: Ms Marvel and She-Hulk start to cross the line of rather or not they should be considered "catch up" those earlier shows really should be filled out first. Ms Marvel is gonna have a hard time getting her core characters in figure form becaus2e so many of them are civilians so I'm not even gonna hold my breath. But I do hope we see her family and friends one day. The villians were throw away characters and while I welcome any new character they would be at the very bottom of my list.
I'd definitely consider them 'catch-up' given when this wave is likely to hit. Technically, yes, She Hulk characters will have been out. But either way, I will be very surprised if there isn't at least ONE She Hulk character in the wave.
JoshuaKat wrote: I can tell you straight out the gate were not getting a Titania figure any time soon and I'm already mad about it.
I actually am too. If for no other reason, I will definitely get the MCU version of anyone who appeared in the original Secret Wars, no question.
JoshuaKat wrote: I just know it in my gut. I'd love to get a Bruce Banner and would be over the moon if Abomination were the BAF (he's the most likely out of the 3) and God help me if a spot gets wasted on freaking Daredevil in She-Hulk before his OWN EIGHTEEN episode show I'll be pretty upset. The hype for him is overshadowing poor She-Hulk and I don't wanna see him take a spot that can go towards a character that actually relates to her show a little better.
I'm VERY excited for Daredevil to appear on the show, and over the moon about his own lengthy show, but yeah... I don't really want a yellow version. If it has a great Matt head, I'd consider it then keep the one from his show masked at least. But yeah, Titania, Banner, or Abomination would be better for me too. I want all three very much.
JoshuaKat wrote: Worst case scenario to fill out this wave is any additional What if figures, re-do of already made characters (like the did with SDCC Loki), or Groot lol.
I get that, but to me it's almost the best case. I already know I don't want almost half this wave, but I'm prepared to do what I have to for the BAF, assuming it's someone I gotta have. If the entire wave is full of stuff I don't want, including the BAF, I'd be pretty happy. But I also don't think I have a full wave from any point anymore anyway, so I'm not really one to get thrilled about seven figures anyway. Nope, that's a lie, Eternals.
JoshuaKat wrote: Best case scenario and realistically leaving Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk off the "catch up" wave would be any of these...
Darcy
Jimmy
Agatha
Layla
Harrow
Ravonna
B15
Batroc
BAF Konshu
I think any of those would be awesome, especially with a Khonshu BAF. Even though I don't want it, I think that would make an amazing figure.
Firstly, thank you for you're thoughtful reply. I always wonder if my rambling and ranting gets glossed over on here, so it's relieving to see that is not the case. So thank you.

Ah, yes D23 is in a month and I suppose that'd be exactly when we hear about Werewolf by Night. I'm still blown away by SDCC my heart can't take anymore (it can tho haha)

I'll be more than happy to wait for Agatha if her future outfit is close enough to Wandavision. I'm not really a stickler on slight costume changes. So as long as the essence is there I'll be happy. (Although a MoM Wanda vs a WandaVision Wanda is still a world apart even if they do look similar)

I think whenever Yelena comes she needs justice for that first figure. But if Ms Marvel's proportions are any sign I'm worried for Yelena and Darcy and Monica.

I actually just reread the 84 Secret War's the other day and fell in love all over again. It's so classic, so silly, and so simple. Yet it featured so many great Marvel characters. I too hope to have that line up in MCU figure form one day. Titania would get us one step closer.

Even tho my wallet would say otherwise, in my perfect world every MCU wave would be 7 new or necessary updated characters. So naturally I'm always hoping a wave doesn't contain comic or animated figures. But that's just me being selfish haha.

Maybe since they're waiting to show the rest of the wave it is possible it'll have some more She-Hulk figures in it. Although we did wait a long time to see Sharon so who knows. Half the fun in collecting is the speculating I suppose.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:45 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:58 am
Warning! FRAT! :
Spoiler! :
Ru_1977 wrote:
JoshuaKat wrote:
Darcy
Jimmy
Agatha
Layla
Harrow
Ravonna
B15
Batroc
BAF Konshu
Firstly, thank you for you're thoughtful reply. I always wonder if my rambling and ranting gets glossed over on here, so it's relieving to see that is not the case. So thank you.

Ah, yes D23 is in a month and I suppose that'd be exactly when we hear about Werewolf by Night. I'm still blown away by SDCC my heart can't take anymore (it can tho haha)

I'll be more than happy to wait for Agatha if her future outfit is close enough to Wandavision. I'm not really a stickler on slight costume changes. So as long as the essence is there I'll be happy. (Although a MoM Wanda vs a WandaVision Wanda is still a world apart even if they do look similar)

I think whenever Yelena comes she needs justice for that first figure. But if Ms Marvel's proportions are any sign I'm worried for Yelena and Darcy and Monica.

I actually just reread the 84 Secret War's the other day and fell in love all over again. It's so classic, so silly, and so simple. Yet it featured so many great Marvel characters. I too hope to have that line up in MCU figure form one day. Titania would get us one step closer.

Even tho my wallet would say otherwise, in my perfect world every MCU wave would be 7 new or necessary updated characters. So naturally I'm always hoping a wave doesn't contain comic or animated figures. But that's just me being selfish haha.

Maybe since they're waiting to show the rest of the wave it is possible it'll have some more She-Hulk figures in it. Although we did wait a long time to see Sharon so who knows. Half the fun in collecting is the speculating I suppose.
You're welcome for the reply. Discussing this sort of thing, along with speculation etc, is the main reason I'm on this forum!

I really hear you on SDCC/D23. I did not expect anywhere near that much to be announced at SDCC and am still shocked at the depth of it. I'd thought D23 would be the big reveal-fest, but now I expect it to be only a little bit. Probably some new series they held back from SDCC along with the Halloween special.

And I definitely do get the want for Agatha in this or that costume. Even if they're a little different, it's still different. I was arguing a couple years ago with erock about how different the Smithsonian Cap suit was from the First Avenger suit, heh.

And good point about Yelena when taking the Kamala figure into account. I guess I can deal with that but I really wanted her hair and likeness to be better at least. Now I want a figure of her with that hair style in the Hawkeye finale, but I also want the masked head. And yeah, Darcy... should they ever do a figure of her, I'll be pretty surprised if they make it accurate.

I also re-read the original Secret Wars the other day. It's definitely far from perfect. The dialogue is pretty over the top and I feel like it could have been compressed quite a bit but I imagine the toyline dictated having a year's worth of issues. But yeah, it was a big event to me as a kid and my introduction to most of those characters since I was really only into Spider-Man and Hulk before that. Aside from Titania, if that is the Wrecking Crew in She Hulk, that's four more D+ villains I need.

I would also love full waves picked right from my wishlist. Wallet be damned. But I really don't see it as selfish to want full waves of movie figures. For me, as a strictly movie collector, it would at least make sense for sales as I'm more likely to go for that full wave if there's five figures I want in it. May as well just get all seven. But if those last two are comic figures, I'll never want them. (My only exceptions are Dr. Doom, which may change when he shows up on screen, and the Dark Avengers since some of them I'm really not sure will ever appear on screen, but I painted Ares to look more realistic at least and Iron Patriot is a movie Iron Man repaint.) So, if they were to do full waves, they're more likely to get more sales from me than if they keep doing the mixed waves.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Yelena def needs a new figure. Not sure if I want that here though. At worst she is gonna be in Thunderbolts more than likely, so I could wait. I imagine we will see her again before that though. That said, I think she would be a realistic choice for here
Spoiler! :
I am hoping both Titania and Daredevil end up in this wave. I kind of want that yellow suit.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:38 pm

e-rock wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:16 pm
Yelena def needs a new figure. Not sure if I want that here though. At worst she is gonna be in Thunderbolts more than likely, so I could wait. I imagine we will see her again before that though. That said, I think she would be a realistic choice for here
Spoiler! :
I am hoping both Titania and Daredevil end up in this wave. I kind of want that yellow suit.
Yeah, looking at my wishlist, I guess all the characters you named are really my only hopes for this wave.
Spoiler! :
If they have Daredevil, Titania, Yelena from Hawkeye, and Banner with Abomination as the BAF, it would instantly be my favorite wave of the year as well even though I don't want three of the figures from it, heh. Yelena I imagine could be at least somewhat kitbashed, Daredevil as well though I'd love a new head, forearms, and lower legs, and Banner could use the Klaue body with new head and arms.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:25 pm

Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Jimmy Woo, finally something I'm interested in.

XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:32 pm

lol a bunch of What If figures, of course!

Happy for the What If fans! :)

Yay for Jimmy Woo. Guess he's bigger than Agatha and Darcy to the Hasbro team...

Love the BAF! Which means I'll have to get the What If figures.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:35 pm

Odd wave:

He Who Remains
Classic Loki
Jimmy Woo
Zombie Iron Man
Zombie Scarlet Witch
Howard the Duck
What If Red Skull

BAF - Khonshu

Happy with half the wave. I am less into the Zombies than others are, and Red Skull is 100% a waste. Cheap reuse. But excited overall. Khonshu was unexpected but welcome. Hoping they give us Harrow or Ammett from Moon Knight

They did say they hear us about various Wandavision characters and MoM Wanda
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:35 pm

Hoping Abomination is a deluxe now, lol! Otherwise who knows when he may be coming :(
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:38 pm

The reveals at SDCC for this wave were the strongest ones. The “What If” stuff just feels like easy, throw-away reuse to me.

Cool BAF, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:40 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:38 pm
The reveals at SDCC for this wave were the strongest ones. The “What If” stuff just feels like easy, throw-away reuse to me.

Cool BAF, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably feels like that cause it is, lol. But I am buying them all regardless. I want Khonshu

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics